Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 20th to 23rd July 2020
2020-07-16 17:02:01 UTC

Cast :
Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Chris Carter - Wilf Scolding
Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
Ed Grundy - Barry Farrimond

Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Caroline Harrington
Writer : Tim Stimpson

Spoilers:
Monday 20th - Chris finds himself in trouble and Emma has a brainwave.
Tuesday 21st - Alice's big decision causes ructions and Brian has concerns.
Wednesday 22nd - Ed's past returns to haunt him, and events spiral out
of control for Chris.
Thursday 23rd - Emma and Ed face a dilemma, while Alice is not happy.
2020-07-16 21:35:44 UTC
Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Chris Carter - Wilf Scolding
Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
Ed Grundy - Barry Farrimond
Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Caroline Harrington
Writer : Tim Stimpson
Monday 20th - Chris finds himself in trouble and Emma has a brainwave.
Will that be because he mentions having babies again? He might suggest
this is a good time. I can't guess what Emma's brainwave is about but
hope is has nothing to do with Wednesday's spoiler. The SWs and
editors just can't leave Ed and Emma alone to be happy and ok, can
they? I hope this is a case of over-advertising to excite and worry us
and that is will be trivial.
Post by carolet
Tuesday 21st - Alice's big decision causes ructions and Brian has concerns.
Will that be in the firm? The one to leave? Or will she decide to go
the legal complaint route? Unfair dismissal?
So another uplifting week in Ambridge. Nugger it!
Mike
2020-07-17 07:12:53 UTC
Post by carolet
Wednesday 22nd - Ed's past returns to haunt him, and events spiral out
of control for Chris.
Thursday 23rd - Emma and Ed face a dilemma, while Alice is not happy.
So another uplifting week in Ambridge. Nugger it!
Perhaps she has been ‘furrowed’ ;-)
2020-07-17 08:02:08 UTC
On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 18:02:01 +0100, carolet <***@gmail.com>
Writer : Caroline Harrington
Writer : Tim Stimpson
This gives me hope.
2020-07-17 11:55:49 UTC
Writer : Caroline Harrington
Writer : Tim Stimpson
This gives me hope.
Knowibg what we, the audience, learnt last time Brine, ‘duffer and Aliss
mumbled into their mics, at least Aliss’ part is obvious, aided by
‘duffer’s supposings.

2020-07-21 14:29:03 UTC
Writer : Caroline Harrington
Writer : Tim Stimpson
This gives me hope.
For one reason or another I find I have two weeks (plus yesterday) of
unheard material.

Private Eye summed up the incompetence of the BBC.

Do I have to listen to it?
2020-07-21 15:25:27 UTC
Writer : Caroline Harrington
Writer : Tim Stimpson
This gives me hope.
For one reason or another I find I have two weeks (plus yesterday) of
unheard material.
Private Eye summed up the incompetence of the BBC.
Do I have to listen to it?
I’ve still Hadenuff and am waiting on ‘normal service’ resuming.
2020-07-21 15:30:31 UTC
Writer    :    Caroline Harrington
Writer    :    Tim Stimpson
This gives me hope.
For one reason or another I find I have two weeks (plus yesterday) of
unheard material.
Me too. I might listen to it when I drive home on Sunday, but I'm not
bovvered. Do I look bovvered ?
Post by krw
Private Eye summed up the incompetence of the BBC.
Do I have to listen to it?
Waife bought PE at airport (she flies - it's better for both of us :)
and I find it has not improved since I cancelled my sub during their
Brexit whingeathon.
Do I have to read it ? No, only the vaguely funny bits in the 2H.

Crossword seems easier too since I've almost finished it and am no
longer accustomed to Cyclops.
krw
2020-07-22 09:48:58 UTC
she flies - it's better for both of us
Could mine have flown back from Kent? She kept complaining she was too
cold and then too hot.

She kept fiddling with the system, turning off the air conditioning
system and changing the temperature expecting cold air to come in when
the cooling was off. I kept trying to adjust it to work properly and
she just got angry and started shouting and would not accept my
explanation that you do not get cold air - only the external ambient
temperature - if you turn the air con off. How can an intelligent woman
not understand this?
2020-07-22 10:22:33 UTC
She kept fiddling with the system, turning off the air conditioning
system and changing the temperature expecting cold air to come in when
the cooling was off. I kept trying to adjust it to work properly and
she just got angry and started shouting and would not accept my
explanation that you do not get cold air - only the external ambient
temperature - if you turn the air con off. How can an intelligent woman
not understand this?
Which reminds me of negative progress, as discussed elsewhere.

A couple of Volvo 240s lasted me for 20 years of motoring. The
first one had a foot operated lever in the footwell which allowed
ambient air to blow naturally through a grille from the wheel
arch, and was quite effective on a warm day, in times before
aircon was so common.

On the replacement car, this facility had been removed, though
the shape of the grille was still present in the internal trim. I
guess somebody had done tests on brake dust ingress.

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2020-07-22 16:23:47 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
[...]
Continuing the same theme, if brake dust is the issue, then the
manufacturer has taken away something enjoyed by the customer in order
to protect them from something worse and it is quite possible that
many of the disappeared(1) software features mentioned in the other
thread allowed hackers to drive a coach and horses into the operating
system to the ultimate disadvantage of the user.

Unless you are reading the tech press or the Latin American news you
might not know that one of the big internet service providers in
Argentina have been paralyzed by a cryptographic hacking attack
combined with a ransom demand for USD7,500,000 paid in cryptocurrency.
Word on the street(2) is that quite a lot of their software had not
had the latest security updates applied.

Nick

(1)Whoops! Have to be careful how one uses that word around here.
(2)Well... the tech press
Mike
2020-07-22 15:13:41 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
[...]
Emmm, then there was the strong smell blown into the carriage every time an
HST applied brakes!
2020-07-22 12:00:29 UTC
she flies - it's better for both of us
Could mine have flown back from Kent? She kept complaining she was too
cold and then too hot.
She kept fiddling with the system, turning off the air conditioning
system and changing the temperature expecting cold air to come in when
the cooling was off. I kept trying to adjust it to work properly and
she just got angry and started shouting and would not accept my
explanation that you do not get cold air - only the external ambient
temperature - if you turn the air con off. How can an intelligent woman
not understand this?
Best understood by draughtsman I think.
Steve Hague
2020-07-22 12:46:27 UTC
she flies - it's better for both of us
Could mine have flown back from Kent?  She kept complaining she was too
cold and then too hot.
She kept fiddling with the system, turning off the air conditioning
system and changing the temperature expecting cold air to come in when
the cooling was off.  I kept trying to adjust it to work properly and
she just got angry and started shouting and would not accept my
explanation that you do not get cold air - only the external ambient
temperature - if you turn the air con off.  How can an intelligent woman
not understand this?
To the best of my knowledge, my wife doesn't have an identical twin. If
she does, you're probably married to her.