I seem to have a haunted weather centre.
Add Reply
Mike Ruddock
2019-11-17 12:38:33 UTC
I have two devices which read the temperature, pressure etc. One reads
the external temperature at the front of the house, the other, at the
back, gives pressure, likelihood of rain, phase of the moon etc.

(For the sake of clarity I should say that we don't really think that
the weather differs front and back, the house isn't that large. It's
just that I was given a more advanced weather station as a birthday
present so I relegated the older one to a subsidiary role: all it does
is read the outside temperature at the front of the house.)

Yesterday I found to my surprise that the older device claimed the
temperature outside was 24.5 C. I assumed that it had failed, the actual
temperature outside being something like 20 C less than that.
When I looked at the newer device I found that it was reading almost
exactly the same (24.6 C)

What are the chance of both devices being faulty at the same time?
This morning the older one is still claiming an external temperature of
over 20 C (20.6 is what it actually says) while the newer one says 6.8 C
which is more likely.

Odd.

Mike Ruddock
Sam Plusnet
2019-11-17 20:19:24 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
[...]
Watch out.

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it’s enemy
action."