prof moonlighting
2019-02-06 14:30:14 UTC
I haven't checked with the cast list, but I happened to have R4 on, so
listened to the "lunchtime" repeat, then left it on - and the following
play (@ ~14:20?), set in Ferryhill, Co. Durham (with rather too much
incidental brass band music - not that I don't actually rather like
such, but it's a lazy stereotype) has most definitely the prof's voice.
The character is called something like Ronno or Rollo. (And has just
said "have a glass of Madeira" - I was waiting for the "my dear"!)

"This is a one line proof... if we start sufficiently far to the left."
[Cambridge University Math Dept.]
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-02-06 14:36:13 UTC
I haven't checked with the cast list, but I happened to have R4 on, so
listened to the "lunchtime" repeat, then left it on - and the following
incidental brass band music - not that I don't actually rather like
such, but it's a lazy stereotype) has most definitely the prof's voice.
The character is called something like Ronno or Rollo. (And has just
said "have a glass of Madeira" - I was waiting for the "my dear"!)
A few minutes later, as she leaves in a hurry: "Come back for a glass of
smoky Early Grey, my dear" (-:!

He _does_ have a voice that speaks louche lines excellently.

Penny
2019-02-06 14:41:09 UTC
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 14:30:14 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I haven't checked with the cast list, but I happened to have R4 on, so
listened to the "lunchtime" repeat, then left it on - and the following
incidental brass band music - not that I don't actually rather like
such, but it's a lazy stereotype) has most definitely the prof's voice.
The character is called something like Ronno or Rollo. (And has just
said "have a glass of Madeira" - I was waiting for the "my dear"!)
Me too :)

I enjoy the Ferryhill philosophers series, well worth the repeating.
2019-02-06 14:56:03 UTC
I haven't checked with the cast list, but I happened to have R4 on, so
listened to the "lunchtime" repeat, then left it on - and the following
incidental brass band music - not that I don't actually rather like
such, but it's a lazy stereotype) has most definitely the prof's voice.
The character is called something like Ronno or Rollo. (And has just
said "have a glass of Madeira" - I was waiting for the "my dear"!)
Yes, our beloved History Professor is playing...

....a Philosophy Professor. Typecasting? Surely not?

Incidentally, to your brass band music thing, I'm guessing you've not
been to village of Saddleworth or thereabouts on any Whit Friday, have
you? Though I'll concede that the last time I went to the actual
Ferryhill[1] there was no brass band in the streets.

Nick
[1]Which was also the first time 1970, I think
Mike
2019-02-06 15:06:49 UTC
I haven't checked with the cast list, but I happened to have R4 on, so
listened to the "lunchtime" repeat, then left it on - and the following
incidental brass band music - not that I don't actually rather like
such, but it's a lazy stereotype) has most definitely the prof's voice.
The character is called something like Ronno or Rollo. (And has just
said "have a glass of Madeira" - I was waiting for the "my dear"!)
And Rollo rather appreciates the female form....
2019-02-06 15:10:24 UTC
I haven't checked with the cast list, but I happened to have R4 on, so
listened to the "lunchtime" repeat, then left it on - and the following
incidental brass band music - not that I don't actually rather like
such, but it's a lazy stereotype) has most definitely the prof's voice.
The character is called something like Ronno or Rollo. (And has just
said "have a glass of Madeira" - I was waiting for the "my dear"!)
And Rollo rather appreciates the female form....
I checked, it is the same Best Friend (although the prof. isn't in this
week's cast list; I asked Google, using the same words as I'd have asked
my friend's Alexa, and it told me) - not that it was at all necessary to
do so, that voice is unmistakable.

"I hate the guys that criticize the enterprise of other guys whose enterprise
has made them rise above the guys who criticize!" (W9BRD, former editor of
"How's DX?" column in "QST")
Penny
2019-02-06 15:11:45 UTC
On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 15:06:49 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
I haven't checked with the cast list, but I happened to have R4 on, so
listened to the "lunchtime" repeat, then left it on - and the following
incidental brass band music - not that I don't actually rather like
such, but it's a lazy stereotype) has most definitely the prof's voice.
The character is called something like Ronno or Rollo. (And has just
said "have a glass of Madeira" - I was waiting for the "my dear"!)
And Rollo rather appreciates the female form....
I suspect Jim does too - did we get a physical description of his piano
teacher?
2019-02-06 15:22:51 UTC
Someone called Michael Cochrane was one of the number twos in "The
Prisoner" on R7 (or whatever). To me it sounded like Oliver Sterling
moonlighting.
2019-02-06 17:40:43 UTC
Someone called Michael Cochrane was one of the number twos in "The
Prisoner" on R7 (or whatever). To me it sounded like Oliver Sterling
moonlighting.
Indeed it is, KRW.

2019-02-06 18:14:45 UTC
Someone called Michael Cochrane was one of the number twos in "The
Prisoner" on R7 (or whatever). To me it sounded like Oliver Sterling
moonlighting.
Indeed it is, KRW.
Sincerely Chris
He has to cover the cost of his generous offer of reducing the Grundys
rent. (Yeap, that is an OP if one is needed - though I think it has been
flagged up sufficiently already).
2019-02-06 19:09:34 UTC
Ah begorrah, I t'ought he was the t'urd.
Nick Odell
2019-02-06 20:33:50 UTC
Someone called Michael Cochrane was one of the number twos in "The
Prisoner" on R7
Ah begorrah, I t'ought he was the t'urd.
Would you be thinking of that play by Shakespeare about Dick the sh*t
and all and all?

2019-02-07 10:43:58 UTC
Someone called Michael Cochrane was one of the number twos in "The
Prisoner" on R7
Ah begorrah, I t'ought he was the t'urd.
Would you be thinking of that play by Shakespeare about Dick the sh*t
and all and all?
Possibly, but I think that was mainly bad Tudor spin.

I have always liked Geordan Murphy's [1] nickname for Billy Twelvetrees
[2] which was 36.

[1] An rugger bugger m'lud. Irish.

[2] Another one, not Irish. It was his mother's maiden name and she was
the last of the line, so it was a condition of her marriage that her
husband change his name to hers. He agreed, possibly because he is a
tree surgeon :)
Penny
2019-02-07 13:46:55 UTC
On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 10:43:58 +0000, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
I have always liked Geordan Murphy's [1] nickname for Billy Twelvetrees
[2] which was 36.
[2] Another one, not Irish. It was his mother's maiden name and she was
the last of the line, so it was a condition of her marriage that her
husband change his name to hers. He agreed, possibly because he is a
tree surgeon :)
Oh, that's rather wonderful :)
2019-02-09 10:23:05 UTC
I have always liked Geordan Murphy's [1] nickname for Billy Twelvetrees
[2] which was 36.
[1] An rugger bugger m'lud. Irish.
I always think of the French No.8, Louis Picamoles as 6.023x10^11.

There's no need to look at me like that. I'm sure all the chemists
reading it will think it hilarious. So there.
2019-02-09 11:14:03 UTC
I have always liked Geordan Murphy's [1] nickname for Billy
Twelvetrees [2] which was 36.
[1] An rugger bugger m'lud. Irish.
I always think of the French No.8, Louis Picamoles as 6.023x10^11.
There's no need to look at me like that.  I'm sure all the chemists
reading it will think it hilarious.  So there.
So do I (I got a Chemistry A-level you know) :)))