tonight 13/5/21
2021-05-13 20:50:05 UTC
Ah. I just listened to the podcast on the iplayer and there was an
announcement after it about if you need help with alcoholism go to BBC
website..etc. People had remarked on not hearing that if not the live
programme.

I thought today's episode was again fine. It has been ok two nights,
or was it three?
So far the Aldridges are appearing to advantage. Rory was surprisingly
decent and Jenefer was good. Unlike some of the Carters yesterday and
the day before. I don't think this is just because the Carters feel
wronged. Although they obviously do. Emma is bitter because of the
grief Alice gave Ed and then her and how it split her from Chris for a
while. Is that Alice's fault though? Or Chris's for not realising
what was wrong and then not making it up with Emma.
Serena Blanchflower
2021-05-15 14:02:29 UTC
I thought today's episode was again fine. It has been ok two nights,
or was it three?
So far the Aldridges are appearing to advantage. Rory was surprisingly
decent and Jenefer was good.
I trust you aren't including Brian and Kate amongst those who are
appearing to advantage! I agree that Jenny and Ruairi came out of it
much better.
Post by Vicky Ayech
Unlike some of the Carters yesterday and
the day before. I don't think this is just because the Carters feel
wronged. Although they obviously do. Emma is bitter because of the
grief Alice gave Ed and then her and how it split her from Chris for a
while. Is that Alice's fault though? Or Chris's for not realising
what was wrong and then not making it up with Emma.
I don't think anyone but Alice can be blamed for the way she treated Ed!
She's also responsible for having sworn Chris to secrecy, when she
first started facing up to her drinking, so that he couldn't talk to
Emma (or anyone else) about it. Emma and Chris are responsible for
their own actions though.

As well as that though, Emma has always been jealous of Alice and the
gilded life she perceived she and Chris to be living, in comparison to
the struggles she and Ed faced. She's also had Susan going on (and on)
about how wonderful Alice is, which really hasn't helped.
It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness (Chinese Proverb)
Mike McMillan
2021-05-15 15:22:11 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
Enough to drive one to drin ……. Err, pardon?