has foopball got your tongues?
2021-07-05 14:24:25 UTC
That’s it.

2021-07-05 14:36:08 UTC
Post by Chris
That’s it.
Sincerely Chris
No. Where do you want these Amazon gift cards sent now you are back?
But please keep it quiet later in the week as we are off to a socially
distanced wedding - no kissing the bride, no exchanging rings, no
walking down the aisle, no singing, no hugs, and various other things
which are not allowed either.

And isn't the footie going well? (Famous last words).
2021-07-05 17:23:35 UTC
That’s it.
Sincerely Chris
No. Where do you want these Amazon gift cards sent now you are back?
But please keep it quiet later in the week as we are off to a socially
distanced wedding - no kissing the bride, no exchanging rings, no
walking down the aisle, no singing, no hugs, and various other things
which are not allowed either.
And isn't the footie going well? (Famous last words).
So presumably the groom can kiss the bride? No exhange or rings seems
odd. Do they each wear the one they bought? And no walking down the
aisle is odd too. How do they get to the front? Will they be allowed
to live together fore the honeymoon and after or only after isolating
separately and alone for ? days?
Vicky Ayech
I meant CAN'T kiss her
krw
2021-07-05 20:47:56 UTC
Post by Chris
That’s it.
Sincerely Chris
No. Where do you want these Amazon gift cards sent now you are back?
But please keep it quiet later in the week as we are off to a socially
distanced wedding - no kissing the bride, no exchanging rings, no
walking down the aisle, no singing, no hugs, and various other things
which are not allowed either.
And isn't the footie going well? (Famous last words).
So presumably the groom can kiss the bride? No exhange or rings seems
odd. Do they each wear the one they bought? And no walking down the
aisle is odd too. How do they get to the front? Will they be allowed
to live together fore the honeymoon and after or only after isolating
separately and alone for ? days?
No specifically the groom and bride may not kiss. I am pretty sure they
have been cohabiting for some years (9 or 10?) and I assume the
intention is that they will do so in the years ahead. I assume they
will put on their own rings. Does anyone think that just perhaps the
rules have got a little out of hand?
2021-07-05 21:21:07 UTC
Post by Chris
[...]
Well, that's very odd. My beloved niece got married at the end of May
(the sixth time they had organised it, they kept being cancelled, poor
things) and she certainly walked up the aisle and exchanged rings and
afterwards we all assembled at their favourite pub which had been
engaged for the day and had a splendid time. No singing but a lot of
chat and minglin' and hugs and a bit of dancing too, as well as plenty
to eat and drink. And no masks in the pub once we were all there, except
for the staff.

And no positive tests followed either.
2021-07-05 22:04:20 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Chris
[...]
The wedding is in a Town Hall and it is their hidebound rules which are
limiting activities. Subsequently we will repair to a local hostelry
where I hope a good time will be enjoyed by all (although I suspect
singing and dancing are theoretically not permitted). I am not sure
what the limits on numbers are - the restriction was lifted last month
but now depends on the limit for the room at the Town Hall and Hotel -
but I believe they have not had to cut back on invitations.
2021-07-06 07:27:58 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Chris
[...]
Err…. Who was the organiser, Dominic Cummings???
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
Mike McMillan
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
Chris
2021-07-06 07:40:30 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Chris
[...]
So pleased you’ve been able to have a nearly proper celebration during what
would normally have been a tough year anyway, Kate.

McToodles
Kate B
2021-07-06 09:28:47 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Kate B
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Chris
[...]
It was a marvellous thing, dear Toodleses. The first time I'd seen my
family since the funeral when not all of them could come anyway. A great
release and relief and reconnection.
Good for them, and you...
Mike McMillan
2021-07-06 07:26:01 UTC
Post by Chris
[...]
Yes, Sounds like someone has become just a bit too wedded to the rules to
me.
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
Chris

2021-07-06 10:12:24 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Chris
[...]
Apparently once they have left the Town Hall (we are not permitted)
there will be a ring swapping ceremony on the street led by a Mayor!

2021-07-07 19:19:56 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by krw
Post by Chris
Post by Chris
[...]
It's my precious! You can't have it!
2021-07-05 14:57:49 UTC
Post by Chris
That’s it.
No. I have made several posts today and had 1 reply.

Any wonder people don't bother these days ?