Tim Bentinck sketch
2020-06-05 20:57:14 UTC
Tim Bentinck shared this earlier
<https://anchor.fm/more_specific>
Calls itself a comedy sketch by Toby Laurence

Personally, it reminded me of the other day when I lost my cool from the
sheer frustration of phoning a company to complain about the unnecessary
worry they had caused me by sending me various messages to contact them
'immediately' over the weekend when they only operate their customer
service line in office hours Monday - Friday...

I think I need a drink.
2020-06-06 15:14:10 UTC
Tim Bentinck shared this earlier
<https://anchor.fm/more_specific>
Calls itself a comedy sketch by Toby Laurence
Personally, it reminded me of the other day when I lost my cool from the
sheer frustration of phoning a company to complain about the unnecessary
worry they had caused me by sending me various messages to contact them
'immediately' over the weekend when they only operate their customer
service line in office hours Monday - Friday...
I think I need a drink.
That would be akin to the good lady wife who had her dental appointments
(due on Tuesday) cancelled yesterday. This morning (Saturday) she
received a cheerful email advising that the dental surgery was reopening
on Monday and would she care to phone them to rebook her cancelled
appointments or indeed use the online booking facility. So she went
online to find that there were plenty of slots available on Tuesday.

She was not amused.
2020-06-07 03:37:43 UTC
On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 16:14:10, krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
That would be akin to the good lady wife who had her dental
appointments (due on Tuesday) cancelled yesterday. This morning
(Saturday) she received a cheerful email advising that the dental
surgery was reopening on Monday and would she care to phone them to
rebook her cancelled appointments or indeed use the online booking
facility. So she went online to find that there were plenty of slots
available on Tuesday.
She was not amused.
Mine was also due on Tuesday! (9th. Just normal checkup.) I normally set
this computer to remind me about a fortnight ahead; when it did, I
emailed Lavender Dental Practice to say I assumed I should not come in.
Rather more days later than I expected, they replied, saying indeed my
appointment was cancelled, and they will contact me when they're doing
them again.

If mankind minus one were of one opinion, then mankind is no more justified in
silencing the one than the one - if he had the power - would be justified in
silencing mankind. -John Stuart Mill, philosopher and economist (1806-1873)