Umra Book Club
2018-11-11 09:44:24 UTC
Tana French's new novel is excellent, I think. The US paperback edition
is available from Amazon now, entitled The Witch Elm. The UK version,
including Kindle edition, The Wych Elm (i.e. the proper title), will be
available in February. Whatever they call it, I thought it was
brilliant; TF is always very good indeed and she's at the top of her
game here, IMO.

My review here if interested:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2S41F6654A0NC
2018-11-11 09:58:38 UTC
Tana French's new novel is excellent, I think.  The US paperback edition
is available from Amazon now, entitled The Witch Elm.  The UK version,
including Kindle edition, The Wych Elm (i.e. the proper title), will be
available in February.  Whatever they call it, I thought it was
brilliant; TF is always very good indeed and she's at the top of her
game here, IMO.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2S41F6654A0NC
Added to list.

The new Sara Paretsky, "Shell Game", is very good, too.
2018-11-11 10:04:46 UTC
Post by LFS
Tana French's new novel is excellent, I think.  The US paperback edition
is available from Amazon now, entitled The Witch Elm.  The UK version,
including Kindle edition, The Wych Elm (i.e. the proper title), will be
available in February.  Whatever they call it, I thought it was
brilliant; TF is always very good indeed and she's at the top of her
game here, IMO.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2S41F6654A0NC
Added to list.
The new Sara Paretsky, "Shell Game", is very good, too.
You lot! Just stoppit! It's not just my Amazon book list costing ££
but #2 daughter suggested grandson could do with books as gifts too
and between you and her I am running up a bill.
Sid Nuncius
2018-11-11 10:32:32 UTC
Post by LFS
Tana French's new novel is excellent, I think.  The US paperback edition
is available from Amazon now, entitled The Witch Elm.  The UK version,
including Kindle edition, The Wych Elm (i.e. the proper title), will be
available in February.  Whatever they call it, I thought it was
brilliant; TF is always very good indeed and she's at the top of her
game here, IMO.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2S41F6654A0NC
Added to list.
The new Sara Paretsky, "Shell Game", is very good, too.
You lot! Just stoppit! It's not just my Amazon book list costing ££
but #2 daughter suggested grandson could do with books as gifts too
and between you and her I am running up a bill.
Sorry, Vicky. I agree with Laura about Shell Game, though. However, to
spare you further trouble, I won't mention that Ian Rankin's latest, In
A House Of Lies, is also very good.

Oh, nugger.
2018-11-11 13:09:34 UTC
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 10:32:32 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Post by LFS
[...]
Lalalalalalalalala
Can't hear you.

BrritSki
2018-11-11 10:58:21 UTC
Tana French's new novel is excellent, I think.  The US paperback edition
is available from Amazon now, entitled The Witch Elm.  The UK version,
including Kindle edition, The Wych Elm (i.e. the proper title), will be
available in February.  Whatever they call it, I thought it was
brilliant; TF is always very good indeed and she's at the top of her
game here, IMO.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2S41F6654A0NC
Thanks Sid, I'd requested it 5 minutes before I read your post. I loved
her Dublin murder squad series and this sounds excellent (as a stand alone).

Did I mention Thirteen recently. Brilliant, have now read number 1 in
the Eddie Flynn series, not as good, but still very clever plotting and
smart writing...

Latest Donna Leon is excellent too, just like the previous one. SOrry
Vicky :)