spoiler: new name for the Bull?
2020-01-05 19:18:16 UTC
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).

2020-01-05 19:22:44 UTC
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
The Bloody Feathers
The Cock and Goodyear
The Unfinished Story
The Loose End
2020-01-05 21:58:13 UTC
On 5 Jan 2020 19:22:44 GMT, Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
The Bloody Feathers
The Cock and Goodyear
The Unfinished Story
The Loose End
I don't think it will happen. I am sure I am not alone in thinking it
a bad idea. And the fact that Justin thinks Umbrella is wonderful does
not make it so. What on earth is Jolene thinking of to agree with
Lilian?
Penny
2020-01-05 23:24:45 UTC
On 5 Jan 2020 19:22:44 GMT, Jim Easterbrook <***@jim-easterbrook.me.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
The Bloody Feathers
The Cock and Goodyear
The Unfinished Story
The Loose End
I like that last one but also offer
Wits End
2020-01-06 08:33:19 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
The Bloody Feathers
The Cock and Goodyear
The Unfinished Story
The Loose End
I like that last one but also offer
Wits End
How about ‘The Road to Oblivion’?
2020-01-06 11:52:52 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
The Bloody Feathers
The Cock and Goodyear
The Unfinished Story
The Loose End
I like that last one but also offer
Wits End
How about ‘The Road to Oblivion’?
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."

Nick
Flop
2020-01-06 12:44:46 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
The Bloody Feathers
The Cock and Goodyear
The Unfinished Story
The Loose End
I like that last one but also offer
Wits End
How about ‘The Road to Oblivion’?
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
The Gym ?

Sounds so much better... "I'm off to the gym".
--
Flop

Truly the Good Lord gave us computers that we might learn patience
Joe Kerr
2020-01-06 23:36:52 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
The Gym ?
Sounds so much better... "I'm off to the gym".
There is (or was) a bar in Corby called The Office, so customers could
phone home and honestly say "I'm sorry darling, I'm still at the office".
Ric
Mike
2020-01-07 09:52:32 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Flop
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
The Gym ?
Sounds so much better... "I'm off to the gym".
There is (or was) a bar in Corby called The Office, so customers could
phone home and honestly say "I'm sorry darling, I'm still at the office".
Complete with telephone in a booth that has ‘office sounds’ emanating from
the walls, (presumably selectable for low and higher tech office
environments)?
Clive Arthur
2020-01-06 13:16:36 UTC
On 06/01/2020 11:52, Nick Odell wrote:

<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
Al Quay's?

There's a bar in Cairo called 'The Old Bizarre Inn'. Or there should be.

Cheers
Clive
krw
2020-01-06 16:40:16 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
Al Quay's?
There's a bar in Cairo called 'The Old Bizarre Inn'.  Or there should be.
Cheers
I think they should rename it either
The pub formerly known as The Bull

Or perhaps it should take the name of a pub in Inkberrow "The Old Bull"
which is largely what the scriptwriters seem to be dispensing.

If you want a fancy name how about "The Late Peacock".
2020-01-06 16:47:21 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
Al Quay's?
There's a bar in Cairo called 'The Old Bizarre Inn'.  Or there should be.
Cheers
I think they should rename it either
The pub formerly known as The Bull
Or perhaps it should take the name of a pub in Inkberrow "The Old Bull"
which is largely what the scriptwriters seem to be dispensing.
If you want a fancy name how about "The Late Peacock".
I'd vote for The Cat and Fiddle.

What about the Papal Bull ? That's not an animal...
Mike
2020-01-06 17:45:41 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
Al Quay's?
There's a bar in Cairo called 'The Old Bizarre Inn'.  Or there should be.
Cheers
I think they should rename it either
The pub formerly known as The Bull
Or perhaps it should take the name of a pub in Inkberrow "The Old
Bull" which is largely what the scriptwriters seem to be dispensing.
If you want a fancy name how about "The Late Peacock".
I'd vote for The Cat and Fiddle.
What about the Papal Bull ? That's not an animal...
Wouldn’t that be a Cardinal Sin?
Only in the Phillipines.
Mike Headon
2020-01-07 14:24:16 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
Al Quay's?
There's a bar in Cairo called 'The Old Bizarre Inn'.  Or there should be.
Cheers
I think they should rename it either
The pub formerly known as The Bull
Or perhaps it should take the name of a pub in Inkberrow "The Old
Bull" which is largely what the scriptwriters seem to be dispensing.
If you want a fancy name how about "The Late Peacock".
I'd vote for The Cat and Fiddle.
What about the Papal Bull ?  That's not an animal...
Wouldn’t that be a Cardinal Sin?
Only in the Phillipines.
Dare I point out that there are no "Cardinal sins" in the RC
Catechism?There are "deadly sins" and "sins that cry to Heaven for
vengeance". There are, of course, the Cardinal Virtues - faith, hope and
charity.
--
Mike Headon
R69S R850R
e-mail: mike dot headon at enn tee ell world dot com
Mike
2020-01-07 14:33:39 UTC
Post by Mike Headon
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
Just the Cardinal Cyn then?
(https://www.austinchronicle.com/best-of-austin/year:2008/poll:critics/category:entertainment/cardinal-cyn-most-beloved-burlesque-performer/)
2020-01-07 19:45:40 UTC
Post by Mike Headon
Dare I point out that there are no "Cardinal sins" in the RC
Catechism?There are "deadly sins" and "sins that cry to Heaven for
vengeance". There are, of course, the Cardinal Virtues - faith, hope and
charity.
I thought Faith, Hope and Charity were Gloster Gladiators operating from
Malta?
2020-01-07 21:08:25 UTC
Post by Mike Headon
Dare I point out that there are no "Cardinal sins" in the RC
Catechism?There are "deadly sins" and "sins that cry to Heaven for
vengeance". There are, of course, the Cardinal Virtues - faith, hope and
charity.
I thought Faith, Hope and Charity were Gloster Gladiators operating from
Malta?
I knew EasyJet's fleet was getting on a bit but....

2020-01-06 16:52:13 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
Al Quay's?
There's a bar in Cairo called 'The Old Bizarre Inn'.  Or there should be.
Cheers
I think they should rename it either
The pub formerly known as The Bull
Or perhaps it should take the name of a pub in Inkberrow "The Old Bull"
which is largely what the scriptwriters seem to be dispensing.
If you want a fancy name how about "The Late Peacock".
And the ‘Coffee Lounge’ could then be named ‘The Latte Peacock’
2020-01-06 16:54:42 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
Al Quay's?
There's a bar in Cairo called 'The Old Bizarre Inn'.  Or there should be.
Cheers
I think they should rename it either
The pub formerly known as The Bull
Or perhaps it should take the name of a pub in Inkberrow "The Old Bull"
which is largely what the scriptwriters seem to be dispensing.
If you want a fancy name how about "The Late Peacock".
And the ‘Coffee Lounge’ could then be named ‘The Latte Peacock’
Ye Olde Fludde Bar could become Ye Old Fuddy Duddy Bar, only serving
residents over the age of 70.
SODAM
2020-01-07 19:11:09 UTC
".
And the ‘Coffee Lounge’ could then be named ‘The Latte Peacock’
What about Chez Toreau?

Pretentious? Moi?
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Vicky Ayech
2020-01-07 22:01:17 UTC
Post by SODAM
".
And the ‘Coffee Lounge’ could then be named ‘The Latte Peacock’
What about Chez Toreau?
Pretentious? Moi?
Kenjo's

But apprently

Jolene suggested Jolene's :)

I am really disliking Lilian at the moment. And not keen on Jolene
either. And today add Hannah to the mix and Josh.
#teamRex #teamKenton #teamNeil
And I've not been keen on Rex before.
Chris McMillan
2020-01-08 13:43:02 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Mike
".
And the ‘Coffee Lounge’ could then be named ‘The Latte Peacock’
What about Chez Toreau?
Pretentious? Moi?
I quite liked Jolene’s first suggestion given tonight.

2020-01-08 16:53:53 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Mike
".
And the ‘Coffee Lounge’ could then be named ‘The Latte Peacock’
What about Chez Toreau?
Pretentious? Moi?
I quite liked Jolene’s first suggestion given tonight.
Sincerely Chris
If they are killing off The Bull as a name for the pub, they could call it
‘The End’o’sperm’.
2020-01-07 16:19:39 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
Al Quay's?
There's a bar in Cairo called 'The Old Bizarre Inn'.  Or there should be.
Cheers
I think they should rename it either
The pub formerly known as The Bull
Or perhaps it should take the name of a pub in Inkberrow "The Old Bull"
which is largely what the scriptwriters seem to be dispensing.
If you want a fancy name how about "The Late Peacock".
That’s definitely better than my efforts.

2020-01-06 17:05:47 UTC
On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 13:16:36 +0000, Clive Arthur
Post by Clive Arthur
<snip>
Post by Nick Odell
There's a drinking establishment in Buenos Aires called "Bar Mitzvah"
and I always fancied the idea of naming a place where you go to drink
and forget all your troubles, "Al's."
Nick
Al Quay's?
Al's Heimer Bar.

<snip>

2020-01-06 12:34:30 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
The Bloody Feathers
The Cock and Goodyear
The Unfinished Story
The Loose End
I like that last one but also offer
Wits End
Mr Sheep isn’t amused at the proposed change of name!

Sincerely Chris
Jane Vernon
2020-01-06 13:09:21 UTC
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Sincerely Chris
OP

I don't think changing the name was one of the suggestions. I think it
was a ploy by Lillian and Jolene, who knew that Kenton hadn't read the
report, so that he would think some of the other suggestions more
acceptable.
--
Jane
BTME

2020-01-06 13:14:05 UTC
Post by Jane Vernon
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Sincerely Chris
OP
I don't think changing the name was one of the suggestions. I think it
was a ploy by Lillian and Jolene, who knew that Kenton hadn't read the
report, so that he would think some of the other suggestions more
acceptable.
Oooh, good call.

But if you're wrong I propose
Jolene's upstairs balcony and
Kenton's Bottom
Mike
2020-01-06 13:51:38 UTC
Post by Jane Vernon
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Sincerely Chris
OP
I don't think changing the name was one of the suggestions. I think it
was a ploy by Lillian and Jolene, who knew that Kenton hadn't read the
report, so that he would think some of the other suggestions more
acceptable.
Oooh, good call.
But if you're wrong I propose
Jolene's upstairs balcony and
Kenton's Bottom
That should lift and divide the locals - though a bit of a bummer for
Kenton...
2020-01-06 13:49:27 UTC
Post by Jane Vernon
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Sincerely Chris
OP
I don't think changing the name was one of the suggestions. I think it
was a ploy by Lillian and Jolene, who knew that Kenton hadn't read the
report, so that he would think some of the other suggestions more
acceptable.
Ooh, yes, psychology at work there! Though I’m for not changing the name -
what advantage is there to any Ambridians - other than perhaps some work
for a signwriter???
Clive Arthur
2020-01-06 18:00:22 UTC
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Sincerely Chris
Kentonzz cf. Jaxx.

Cheers
Clive
krw
2020-01-06 23:03:33 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Sincerely Chris
Kentonzz cf. Jaxx.
Cheers
Err does Kenton own any of it?

Lilian owns some, Jolene owns some (from Sid) and Jamie owns a corner
(again from Sid). I am not sure that Kenton is anything other than an
employee no matter how puffed up he might get over changes.

Although he married Jolene so I suppose in theory in might own half of
her share.
2020-01-07 19:26:21 UTC
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
2020-01-07 22:02:04 UTC
On 7 Jan 2020 19:26:21 GMT, Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
That's not what they said. They said they'd announce the name, didn't
they? But presumably Lilian told Kenton.
Jim Easterbrook
2020-01-07 22:06:50 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not
the “Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
That's not what they said. They said they'd announce the name, didn't
they? But presumably Lilian told Kenton.
I only heard them say there'd be an announcement, but not what of. I
predict they'll announce a competition or vote.
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-01-07 23:34:35 UTC
The Torus. The pub sign would show a ring.
Mike
2020-01-08 08:41:34 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
The Torus. The pub sign would show a ring.
A hole lot better!
Clive Arthur
2020-01-08 08:47:19 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
The Torus. The pub sign would show a ring.
Torus the bullring?

Cheers
Clive
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-01-10 10:30:55 UTC
And, talking of tori, I visited a s-i-l last Saturday and she has been knitting geometrical shapes including TORUS, Klein bottle and crosscap. How about "The Klein bottle" for a pub name? Sign would show a small bottle of wine.
Vicky Ayech
2020-01-10 11:15:37 UTC
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 02:30:55 -0800 (PST), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
The Torus. The pub sign would show a ring.
And, talking of tori, I visited a s-i-l last Saturday and she has been knitting geometrical shapes including TORUS, Klein bottle and crosscap. How about "The Klein bottle" for a pub name? Sign would show a small bottle of wine.
That makes me think of what they give old men in hospital who can't
get up. To go in.
Mike
2020-01-10 11:21:58 UTC
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 02:30:55 -0800 (PST), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
The Torus. The pub sign would show a ring.
And, talking of tori, I visited a s-i-l last Saturday and she has been
knitting geometrical shapes including TORUS, Klein bottle and crosscap.
How about "The Klein bottle" for a pub name? Sign would show a small bottle of wine.
That makes me think of what they give old men in hospital who can't
get up. To go in.
Oiy! Not so much of the OLD if you don’t mind! (I’m only 72 you know!)
2020-01-10 11:26:15 UTC
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 02:30:55 -0800 (PST), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
The Torus. The pub sign would show a ring.
And, talking of tori, I visited a s-i-l last Saturday and she has been
knitting geometrical shapes including TORUS, Klein bottle and crosscap.
How about "The Klein bottle" for a pub name? Sign would show a small bottle of wine.
That makes me think of what they give old men in hospital who can't
get up. To go in.
Oiy! Not so much of the OLD if you don’t mind! (I’m only 72 you know!)
Actually, things are a lot better now and returning to something
approaching normality; i have an appointment to see my Oncologist on Monday
to discuss the results of my radiotherapy and daily Bicalutamide tablets
(which I can look forward to taking for a further year).

Ooe-err...this has been a true PSA!
2020-01-10 12:19:25 UTC
[...]
That is very good news. Both being only 72 years young and a lot
better :). All the best for Monday.
SODAM
2020-01-10 15:36:29 UTC
Actually, things are a lot better now and returning to something
approaching normality; i have an appointment to see my Oncologist on Monday
to discuss the results of my radiotherapy and daily Bicalutamide tablets
(which I can look forward to taking for a further year).
Ooe-err...this has been a true PSA!
Well done that man! So pleased to hear that, Mike. Keep taking the tablets.
Penny
2020-01-10 12:26:36 UTC
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 11:15:37 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
That makes me think of what they give old men in hospital who can't
get up. To go in.
I don't think age has anything to do with it - given to anyone who has the
right equipment, is not catheterised and can't get out of bed. Much easier
to use than a bedpan and usually made of cardboard these days.

john
Clive Arthur
2020-01-11 00:13:36 UTC
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 02:30:55 -0800 (PST), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
The Torus. The pub sign would show a ring.
And, talking of tori, I visited a s-i-l last Saturday and she has been knitting geometrical shapes including TORUS, Klein bottle and crosscap. How about "The Klein bottle" for a pub name? Sign would show a small bottle of wine.
That makes me think of what they give old men in hospital who can't
get up. To go in.
Eine Kleine Nachtflasche?

Cheers
Clive
Vicky Ayech
2020-01-11 09:49:37 UTC
On Sat, 11 Jan 2020 00:13:36 +0000, Clive Arthur
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Vicky Ayech
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 02:30:55 -0800 (PST), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
The Torus. The pub sign would show a ring.
And, talking of tori, I visited a s-i-l last Saturday and she has been knitting geometrical shapes including TORUS, Klein bottle and crosscap. How about "The Klein bottle" for a pub name? Sign would show a small bottle of wine.
That makes me think of what they give old men in hospital who can't
get up. To go in.
Eine Kleine Nachtflasche?
Send inthe nuns? (Nonatus ones)
Oh no! Sorry, Matron.
Cheers
John Finlay
If you want a pub sign with a ring, just call it "The Sphincter".
Mike
2020-01-10 13:25:05 UTC
Post by John Finlay
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
The Torus. The pub sign would show a ring.
And, talking of tori, I visited a s-i-l last Saturday and she has been
knitting geometrical shapes including TORUS, Klein bottle and crosscap.
How about "The Klein bottle" for a pub name? Sign would show a small bottle of wine.
If you want a pub sign with a ring, just call it "The Sphincter".
One could then incorporate a Latin motto - starting with Ars....
2020-01-09 19:25:51 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not
the “Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
That's not what they said. They said they'd announce the name, didn't
they? But presumably Lilian told Kenton.
I only heard them say there'd be an announcement, but not what of. I
predict they'll announce a competition or vote.
I was wrong. But they should have gone with "Pubby McPubface".

Is it The Batambridge or The ***@Ambridge? My radio wasn't clear on the
matter.
Clive Arthur
2020-01-09 20:42:58 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not
the “Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
That's not what they said. They said they'd announce the name, didn't
they? But presumably Lilian told Kenton.
I only heard them say there'd be an announcement, but not what of. I
predict they'll announce a competition or vote.
I was wrong. But they should have gone with "Pubby McPubface".
matter.
That explains where one of the three 'B's went when it closed in Reading.

Cheers
Clive
Chris McMillan

How stupid.
Mike
2020-01-10 08:40:44 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Vicky Ayech
Or even The Bee at (@) Ambridge?
2020-01-08 08:39:16 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
In that case, how about ‘Beers to You’?
2020-01-08 19:36:59 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
In that case, how about ‘Beers to You’?
ITYM Beers2U
'The Hidden Microphone'?

"Do go through into the "Walls Have Ears" bar."
2020-01-09 12:23:03 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
In that case, how about ‘Beers to You’?
ITYM Beers2U
'The Hidden Microphone'?
"Do go through into the "Walls Have Ears" bar."
"I know - I found one in my choc-ice."
Post by Mike
The Neumann Suite?
(I'm still pondering that.)

I thought "Torus" was very clever. And the sign - with the ring - could
show some very stylized lines that give the hint of a bull's snout.

... "Peter and out." ... "Kevin and out." (Link episode)
Chris McMillan
2020-01-09 12:51:04 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
In that case, how about ‘Beers to You’?
ITYM Beers2U
'The Hidden Microphone'?
"Do go through into the "Walls Have Ears" bar."
The Neumann Suite?
That might be a lot of “whoosh” McT

2020-01-09 13:44:42 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
In that case, how about ‘Beers to You’?
ITYM Beers2U
'The Hidden Microphone'?
"Do go through into the "Walls Have Ears" bar."
The Neumann Suite?
Alfred E?
Neumann Microphone Company, (but probably summat in German at the end) they
are a well known German manufacturer of high quality microphones, thousands
of which are probably owned by Auntie.
2020-01-09 14:06:35 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so
not the “Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
In that case, how about ‘Beers to You’?
ITYM Beers2U
'The Hidden Microphone'?
"Do go through into the "Walls Have Ears" bar."
The Neumann Suite?
Alfred E?
Neumann Microphone Company, (but probably summat in German at the end)
they are a well known German manufacturer of high quality microphones,
thousands of which are probably owned by Auntie.
If they were von Neumanns, they could more of themselves.
Nick Leverton
2020-01-09 14:16:26 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so
not the “Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
In that case, how about ‘Beers to You’?
ITYM Beers2U
'The Hidden Microphone'?
"Do go through into the "Walls Have Ears" bar."
The Neumann Suite?
Alfred E?
Neumann Microphone Company, (but probably summat in German at the end)
they are a well known German manufacturer of high quality microphones,
thousands of which are probably owned by Auntie.
If they were von Neumanns, they could more of themselves.
I can't decide whether that computes ...

2020-01-09 15:11:20 UTC
On Thu, 09 Jan 2020 13:44:42 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris McMillan
Umra can try and persuade Kenton (but not animals apparently, so not the
“Eccles Wings”).
Having heard tonight's episode (7th Jan) I reckon they're going to
announce a public competition and / or vote. So it'll be "Pubby
McPubface".
In that case, how about ‘Beers to You’?
ITYM Beers2U
'The Hidden Microphone'?
"Do go through into the "Walls Have Ears" bar."
The Neumann Suite?
Alfred E?
Neumann Microphone Company, (but probably summat in German at the end) they
are a well known German manufacturer of high quality microphones, thousands
of which are probably owned by Auntie.
Well, there you go - my brain instantly conjured up the head of Alfred E
Neuman <https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N00/5636087775> too.