Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 22nd to 26th August 2021
2021-08-20 21:14:58 UTC

Kate Madikane - Perdita Avery
Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
Stella - Lucy Speed

Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Sarah McDonald-Hughes

Spoilers:
Sunday 22nd - It's a big day for Vince and Elizabeth makes a friend.
Monday 23rd - The Aldridge family attempt a compromise and Ben has a
confession to make.
Tuesday 24th - Chris tries to save the day and Shula is left disappointed.
Wednesday 25th - Ben attempts to do the right thing and a new face makes
an impression at Home Farm.
Thursday 26th - Susan fears the worst and Jazzer has reservations.
2021-08-20 21:55:31 UTC
Pat Archer    -    Patricia Gallimore
Long time no hear.
2021-08-21 10:39:44 UTC
Pat Archer    -    Patricia Gallimore
Long time no hear.
Yes, her last appearance was the last week of 2019.
2021-08-21 12:06:56 UTC
Pat Archer    -    Patricia Gallimore
Long time no hear.
Yes, her last appearance was the last week of 2019.
Presumably she's been shielding and/or didn't have the technology
available to record remotely.
Q. What do monsters have for breakfast?
A. Dreaded wheat.
Mike McMillan
2021-08-21 12:50:55 UTC
Pat Archer    -    Patricia Gallimore
Long time no hear.
Yes, her last appearance was the last week of 2019.
Presumably she's been shielding and/or didn't have the technology
available to record remotely.
Nah, she has been holed-up visiting Cafe.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
krw
2021-08-20 21:58:05 UTC
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
2021-08-21 07:49:08 UTC
On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 22:58:05 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
2021-08-21 08:54:21 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
I think she’s to do with All Ice.

2021-08-21 09:03:59 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Good point. That sounds as if she's one of the candidates for Ian's job
at Home Farm.
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
(Walter Winchell)
Penny
2021-08-21 15:35:55 UTC
On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 10:03:59 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
dust...
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Good point. That sounds as if she's one of the candidates for Ian's job
at Home Farm.
ITYM Adam's job, but my OP is that Pip may apply.
2021-08-21 15:45:02 UTC
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Good point. That sounds as if she's one of the candidates for Ian's job
at Home Farm.
ITYM Adam's job, but my OP is that Pip may apply.
If Emma takes after Soosan she ought to be encouraging Ed to become a
manager.
2021-08-21 16:13:27 UTC
On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 10:03:59 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Penny
dust...
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys?  And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Good point.  That sounds as if she's one of the candidates for Ian's job
at Home Farm.
ITYM Adam's job, but my OP is that Pip may apply.
If Emma takes after Soosan she ought to be encouraging Ed to become a
manager.
I'm pretty sure it isn't public knowledge that Adam is leaving, or that
there's a vacancy so, unless both this week's candidates are duds, and
Brian has to advertise publicly, neither Ed, Emma nor Pip, are likely to
know about it till after the event. It sounded as if Brian had
approached one person and had an on-spec application from another.
For everything you have missed you have gained something else; and for
everything you gain, you lose something else. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Serena Blanchflower
2021-08-21 15:45:41 UTC
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Good point. That sounds as if she's one of the candidates for Ian's job
at Home Farm.
ITYM Adam's job, but my OP is that Pip may apply.
Oops, yes, I did. That's an interesting suggestion; I suspect Pip will
stick with Brookfield (especially after the rewilding fiasco) but it is
possible.
Newsflash: Forty pedigree dogs have been stolen.
Police say they have no leads.
John Ashby
2021-08-21 16:07:14 UTC
Post by Penny
dust...
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys?  And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Good point.  That sounds as if she's one of the candidates for Ian's job
at Home Farm.
ITYM Adam's job, but my OP is that Pip may apply.
Oops, yes, I did.  That's an interesting suggestion; I suspect Pip will
stick with Brookfield (especially after the rewilding fiasco) but it is
possible.
Perhaps Pip will apply for the Estate contract - after all, Josh can get
them a good deal on any machinery they might need.

Isn't she going to inherit and rub Brookfield?
Chris
2021-08-22 18:49:26 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Good point. That sounds as if she's one of the candidates for Ian's job
at Home Farm.
Hadn’t thought of that. The one not known to Brine.

2021-08-21 10:56:38 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Surely that is likely to be the prospective manager for Jenefer, Adam
and Brian to interview? A male who can provide interest for Pip?
Although maybe Debbie wants to come home?
carolet
2021-08-21 13:29:09 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Surely that is likely to be the prospective manager for Jenefer, Adam
and Brian to interview? A male who can provide interest for Pip?
Although maybe Debbie wants to come home?
Stella could be a prospective manager for Jennifer, Adam and Brian to
interview. A female who can provide interest for Brian? I suspect that
she wouldn't get the job, so it could just be a cameo appearance.
2021-08-23 22:16:42 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Stella    -    Lucy Speed
One of the Mrs Caseys? And quite an actress for a small cameo!
If she is, the 'new face at Home Farm' on Wednesday is either silent or
someone we already know...
Surely that is likely to be the prospective manager for Jenefer, Adam
and Brian to interview? A male who can provide interest for Pip?
Although maybe Debbie wants to come home?
Stella could be a prospective manager for Jennifer, Adam and Brian to
interview. A female who can provide interest for Brian? I suspect that
she wouldn't get the job, so it could just be a cameo appearance.
I'm sure Brian wouldn't do anything underhand or deceitful but..

Having been outvoted over who they want to hire to take over from
Adam, Brian cheerfully volunteered to tell the lucky applicant that
they had got the job. I have a suspicion that he's going come back to
the family and say that in the end the woman turned down their offer
so he had no choice but to hire his choice of bloke. (There: I managed
to get all the way through that paragraph without remembering
anybody's name.)

2021-08-24 06:42:43 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
[...]
Nick
Well done Norman!
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Serena Blanchflower
2021-08-24 12:51:51 UTC
I'm sure Brian wouldn't do anything underhand or deceitful but..
Having been outvoted over who they want to hire to take over from
Adam, Brian cheerfully volunteered to tell the lucky applicant that
they had got the job. I have a suspicion that he's going come back to
the family and say that in the end the woman turned down their offer
so he had no choice but to hire his choice of bloke. (There: I managed
to get all the way through that paragraph without remembering
anybody's name.)
That was my thought, as well... However, as Stella appears in the cast
list (I forget whether that's this week or next), I suspect any plans
Brian might have to do that will fail.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too
dark to read. (Groucho Marx)
carolet
2021-08-25 11:30:40 UTC
I'm sure Brian wouldn't do anything underhand or deceitful but..
Having been outvoted over who they want to hire to take over from
Adam, Brian cheerfully volunteered to tell the lucky applicant that
they had got the job. I have a suspicion that he's going come back to
the family and say that in the end the woman turned down their offer
so he had no choice but to hire his choice of bloke. (There: I managed
to get all the way through that paragraph without remembering
anybody's name.)
That was my thought, as well...  However, as Stella appears in the cast
list (I forget whether that's this week or next), I suspect any plans
Brian might have to do that will fail.
That doesnt mean that you are wrong. If we hear the conversation between
Brian and Stella then we'd know that he was lying when he reported back
to the family.

I am not familiar with the actress in question. Somebody seemed to think
that she was not the type to take a long term part, but she could stay
for a limited period. If it doesn't work out and she leaves, then there
would be a opening for Adam to return when his new job doesn't work out
and Brian realises that Adam is an asset after all.
2021-08-25 11:42:51 UTC
[...]
Or like what’s her name at Berrow, Neil’s protagonist, can be pretty much a
silent character.

2021-08-25 12:13:34 UTC
Post by Chris
[...]
Sincerely Chris
Spoken of but not to.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
John Ashby
2021-08-25 14:28:44 UTC
[...]
Won't the trigger for Adam's return be Stella having to wriggle out from
under Brian when he has his heart attack in flagrante?

2021-08-25 14:38:41 UTC
[...]
In Flagrante? I hope his passport and Jab sustificates are up to date!
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
DavidK
2021-08-21 09:19:11 UTC
Monday 23rd - The Aldridge family attempt a compromise and Ben has a
confession to make.
Wednesday 25th - Ben attempts to do the right thing and a new face makes
an impression at Home Farm.
When does Ben start his nursing-training? He will presumably make ome
new friends.