UMRA birthday info for 15 June 2021
Birthday Monitor
2021-06-15 06:11:53 UTC
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
2021-06-15 08:27:20 UTC
On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:11:53 +0000 (UTC), Birthday Monitor
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?

Nick
[1]And will the Ambridge variant be known as Lamb-da or Moo?
krw
2021-06-15 12:26:03 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?
Nick
[1]And will the Ambridge variant be known as Lamb-da or Moo?
I suspect Lizzie and the Frillies attended a funeral and no-one
mentioned it.
2021-06-15 20:16:22 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?
This falls into the category of Schrödinger Characters - we will not
discover if they are alive or dead until the scriptwriters collapse the
envelope by referring to their demise, or having them pop up as though
nothing out of the ordinary had happened.
2021-06-18 22:53:53 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?
Nick
[1]And will the Ambridge variant be known as Lamb-da or Moo?
Ellen would be 95 now if she is still alive. She was living in Spain
when we last heard of her. Do we think she would have come back as she
got older?
2021-06-21 14:29:55 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?
Nick
[1]And will the Ambridge variant be known as Lamb-da or Moo?
Ellen would be 95 now if she is still alive. She was living in Spain
when we last heard of her. Do we think she would have come back as she
got older?
She only appeared to have Julia though so presumably not.

2021-06-21 14:44:30 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?
Nick
[1]And will the Ambridge variant be known as Lamb-da or Moo?
Ellen would be 95 now if she is still alive. She was living in Spain
when we last heard of her. Do we think she would have come back as she
got older?
She only appeared to have Julia though so presumably not.
Sincerely Chris
Had she returned from Spain in time, she might have prevented Lizzie doing
away with Niggle so as to inherit the pile - of course Lizzie still needs
to see the Frillies off to complete the dastardly deed…
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
carolet
2021-06-22 18:36:21 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?
Nick
[1]And will the Ambridge variant be known as Lamb-da or Moo?
Ellen would be 95 now if she is still alive. She was living in Spain
when we last heard of her. Do we think she would have come back as she
got older?
She only appeared to have Julia though so presumably not.
Sincerely Chris
I was thinking that the NHS might be something to come back for.
2021-06-23 17:10:24 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?
Nick
[1]And will the Ambridge variant be known as Lamb-da or Moo?
Ellen would be 95 now if she is still alive. She was living in Spain
when we last heard of her. Do we think she would have come back as she
got older?
She only appeared to have Julia though so presumably not.
Sincerely Chris
I was thinking that the NHS might be something to come back for.
Now that would make a topical plot were it not likely she died yonks back.

2021-06-23 17:24:37 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?
Nick
[1]And will the Ambridge variant be known as Lamb-da or Moo?
Ellen would be 95 now if she is still alive. She was living in Spain
when we last heard of her. Do we think she would have come back as she
got older?
She only appeared to have Julia though so presumably not.
Sincerely Chris
I was thinking that the NHS might be something to come back for.
Now that would make a topical plot were it not likely she died yonks back.
Sincerely Chris
Never let practicalities get in the way of a good storyline!
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
carolet
2021-06-23 20:52:51 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 June: Ellen Rogers.
Ellen's best friend died in 2017 but as far as I can tell she's still
listed as a character in TA. Does umra think she might be recast or
alternatively, might she be struck out and struck down by the Ambridge
variant Covid-19[1]?
Nick
[1]And will the Ambridge variant be known as Lamb-da or Moo?
Ellen would be 95 now if she is still alive. She was living in Spain
when we last heard of her. Do we think she would have come back as she
got older?
She only appeared to have Julia though so presumably not.
If that is so, Freddie and Lily would be her only blood relatives now.
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Post by carolet
Post by Chris
Sincerely Chris
I was thinking that the NHS might be something to come back for.
Now that would make a topical plot were it not likely she died yonks back.
Sincerely Chris
Never let practicalities get in the way of a good storyline!
Nobody has said that she has died. 95 is not an impossible age. Indeed
it is an age where health care could be becoming more and more relevant
to her. So, if it really is a good storyline, I see no insurmountable
practicalities.
2021-06-23 20:59:32 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Post by carolet
Post by Chris
Sincerely Chris
I was thinking that the NHS might be something to come back for.
Now that would make a topical plot were it not likely she died yonks back.
Sincerely Chris
Never let practicalities get in the way of a good storyline!
Nobody has said that she has died. 95 is not an impossible age. Indeed
it is an age where health care could be becoming more and more relevant
to her. So, if it really is a good storyline, I see no insurmountable
practicalities.
But wouldn't she simply disappear into The Laurels (or wherever) from
whose bourn etc. etc.
2021-06-25 09:38:57 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Post by carolet
Post by Chris
Sincerely Chris
I was thinking that the NHS might be something to come back for.
Now that would make a topical plot were it not likely she died yonks back.
Sincerely Chris
Never let practicalities get in the way of a good storyline!
Nobody has said that she has died. 95 is not an impossible age. Indeed
it is an age where health care could be becoming more and more relevant
to her. So, if it really is a good storyline, I see no insurmountable
practicalities.
It certainly isn’t. In fact if they could find a suitable actor, very.
I’m a bit unclear about this because there are a few European very long
term residents in our road, I suspect they’ve all kept their country
passports but have some sort of docket in their passports to say they are
here legally. They’ve certainly all worked : one still is in his 80s
commuting to Lunnon. When I looked the new law up it seemed to be an
employment based thing but the cases I’ve heard have been where suddenly
the person is told they can’t be seen by a GP or be treated at A & E, or
they lose their NI number. Think that one was a recent You & Yours
episode. Not the sort of thing I can broach with any of these neighbours
though.

2021-06-25 10:34:42 UTC
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 09:38:57 GMT, Chris <***@ntlworld.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Chris
When I looked the new law up it seemed to be an
employment based thing but the cases I’ve heard have been where suddenly
the person is told they can’t be seen by a GP or be treated at A & E, or
they lose their NI number.
There have been some appalling cases, not all recent, like the couple, of
Asian decent, who arrived here from Canada and settled on a Scottish Island
to run the local shop, integrating with the community and doing a great
job, by all accounts. Suddenly deported.

OTOH, an Australian teacher of my acquaintance, who has been living and
working locally for many years, now lives with his partner, a local woman,
and their two children. It was a great relief to them all when he was
granted the right to remain.
2021-06-25 10:57:12 UTC
Post by Chris
When I looked the new law up it seemed to be an
employment based thing but the cases I’ve heard have been where suddenly
the person is told they can’t be seen by a GP or be treated at A & E, or
they lose their NI number.
There have been some appalling cases, not all recent, like the couple, of
Asian decent, who arrived here from Canada and settled on a Scottish Island
to run the local shop, integrating with the community and doing a great
job, by all accounts. Suddenly deported.
OTOH, an Australian teacher of my acquaintance, who has been living and
working locally for many years, now lives with his partner, a local woman,
and their two children. It was a great relief to them all when he was
granted the right to remain.
Did the shop have a Post Office counter that used Horizon - the use of
which made each and every Postmaster/Mistress a criminal to be deported to
Australia?
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
Penny
2021-06-25 14:40:59 UTC
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:57:12 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
[...]
Not part of that scandal AFAIK.
2021-06-25 09:38:57 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
They’d have had to have invented a new character which wouldn’t have been
plausible. Or they bring back Usha who talks about the current situation
about a character we have yet to meet.