OT: CEOemail
2020-05-02 11:26:59 UTC
Can't find the thread now about ceoemail, but I was having broadband
problems last weekend and could not contact BT. I was connecting but
speeds were very variable, at best less than half my normal around
50Mbps and sometimes less than 10% of that. Nothing in my setup had changed.

As it persisted into Tuesday, and as I was still unable to reach anybody
at BT by chat, phone or normal email, I found the Cust. Services
director's email addy on the above and wrote to him. I had a reply from
a minion just over 30 minutes later and an engineer on the line within 2
hours. They claimed that the service to the house was good (although a
BT speed check failed more often than not when I tried it) and that
they'd send someone to the house next week to check things out. I then
disconnected my BT modem for several minutes and checked all the
connections were good which seemed OK (I'd done this also over the
weekend as well as rebooted laptops several times and made sure Win10
was up to date).

Still had problems the rest of Tuesday afternoon, but miraculously
everything has been back to normal since, so I think they DID do
something on their side, but not sure what - the engineer who called
said she'd do something to my modem remotely but didn't really explain
what and it certainly took some while to have an effect if that indeed
was the cure.

She just called back to ask how things were going now, so I explained
all was OK and we've cancelled the engineer visit. I've used this
service before and know that it works, this is just another example of
good treatment that you can get when you get through to the right people.
Penny
2020-05-02 20:43:13 UTC
On Sat, 2 May 2020 12:26:59 +0100, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
Can't find the thread now about ceoemail, but I was having broadband
problems last weekend and could not contact BT. I was connecting but
speeds were very variable, at best less than half my normal around
50Mbps and sometimes less than 10% of that. Nothing in my setup had changed.
[...]
Post by BrritSki
She just called back to ask how things were going now, so I explained
all was OK and we've cancelled the engineer visit. I've used this
service before and know that it works, this is just another example of
good treatment that you can get when you get through to the right people.
It does work but it shouldn't IYSWIM.
If customer service can be that good then it should be for everyone,
however they contact the company.

D#1 worked in a call centre briefly when she first returned to Sheffield,
fielding calls for British Gas. When I told her about my experiences with
Sky and how contacting the CEO had helped she said, "You do realise he
never got to read it, don't you." Frankly, I don't think that matters, some
minion, presumably in the company HQ did read it and got things sorted.
Something two heads of department had failed to do in 6 months.
Why can't the whole system work like that?