I don't think this has been mentioned before......
Add Reply
Peter Withey
2020-09-26 09:44:26 UTC
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
Pete
Steve Hague
2020-09-26 10:11:58 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
Another part of Clare Balding's plan to take over the BBC, or the
country perhaps. I'm betting she'll be the next Dr Who, and probably
Prime Minister as well.
2020-09-26 11:24:15 UTC
On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:11:58 +0100, Steve Hague
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
Another part of Clare Balding's plan to take over the BBC, or the
country perhaps. I'm betting she'll be the next Dr Who, and probably
Prime Minister as well.
Steve
B suggests she has some dirt on the chief of BBC. I almost didn't
listen as she is smug and too much present. I went off her during the
parade of ships when the Queen and Prince Philip had to stand on that
boat in the rain for hours. She commentated. B now suggesting she
gives out coded messages to some secret group.
Peter
2020-09-26 12:04:22 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
Another part of Clare Balding's plan to take over the BBC, or the
country perhaps. I'm betting she'll be the next Dr Who, and probably
Prime Minister as well.
The first man in the role since Margaret Thatcher?
2020-09-26 10:18:53 UTC
On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 10:44:26 +0100, Peter Withey <***@never.here> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
I enjoyed that, yesterday (I think).
2020-09-26 11:24:57 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
I enjoyed that, yesterday (I think).
Well, I did have it on first thing but slept mostly. Shame as I heard
of it elsewhere and apparently he is interesting. Might try again.
Mike Ruddock
2020-09-26 11:41:39 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
I enjoyed that, yesterday (I think).
Well, I did have it on first thing but slept mostly. Shame as I heard
of it elsewhere and apparently he is interesting. Might try again.
Apparently Eddie's Best friend invented a new type of knot. What it is
used for I don't know.
Mike Ruddock
BrritSki
He's a top ologist.
Mike
2020-09-26 13:48:28 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
I enjoyed that, yesterday (I think).
Well, I did have it on first thing but slept mostly. Shame as I heard
of it elsewhere and apparently he is interesting. Might try again.
Apparently Eddie's Best friend invented a new type of knot. What it is
used for I don't know.
Mike Ruddock
His own ‘Ed fication’ maybe?
2020-09-26 14:44:06 UTC
On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 12:41:39 +0100, Mike Ruddock
Post by Mike Ruddock
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
I enjoyed that, yesterday (I think).
Well, I did have it on first thing but slept mostly. Shame as I heard
of it elsewhere and apparently he is interesting. Might try again.
Apparently Eddie's Best friend invented a new type of knot. What it is
used for I don't know.
I remembered he'd invented something but couldn't remember what
It's a non-slip slip knot ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrimond_friction_hitch
John Finlay
It was to support a bivouac sheet in a makeshift camp.
Mike
2020-09-26 15:00:45 UTC
Post by John Finlay
Post by Penny
On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 12:41:39 +0100, Mike Ruddock
Post by Mike Ruddock
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
I enjoyed that, yesterday (I think).
Well, I did have it on first thing but slept mostly. Shame as I heard
of it elsewhere and apparently he is interesting. Might try again.
Apparently Eddie's Best friend invented a new type of knot. What it is
used for I don't know.
I remembered he'd invented something but couldn't remember what
It's a non-slip slip knot ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrimond_friction_hitch
It was to support a bivouac sheet in a makeshift camp.
Or a bender....
2020-09-26 18:34:48 UTC
Post by John Finlay
Post by Penny
On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 12:41:39 +0100, Mike Ruddock
Post by Mike Ruddock
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
I enjoyed that, yesterday (I think).
Well, I did have it on first thing but slept mostly. Shame as I heard
of it elsewhere and apparently he is interesting. Might try again.
Apparently Eddie's Best friend invented a new type of knot. What it is
used for I don't know.
I remembered he'd invented something but couldn't remember what
It's a non-slip slip knot ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrimond_friction_hitch
It was to support a bivouac sheet in a makeshift camp.
Not for securing wood pigeons?
2020-09-27 08:11:47 UTC
Post by John Finlay
Post by Penny
On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 12:41:39 +0100, Mike Ruddock
Post by Mike Ruddock
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
I enjoyed that, yesterday (I think).
Well, I did have it on first thing but slept mostly. Shame as I heard
of it elsewhere and apparently he is interesting. Might try again.
Apparently Eddie's Best friend invented a new type of knot. What it is
used for I don't know.
I remembered he'd invented something but couldn't remember what
It's a non-slip slip knot ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrimond_friction_hitch
It was to support a bivouac sheet in a makeshift camp.
Not for securing wood pigeons?
Wouldn’t that be a bra-line?
2020-09-26 17:07:52 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
Barry Farrimond who plays Ed Grundy in The Archers walks with Clare
Balding on Dartmoor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mqp6
I have been alerted: not listened yet.