Lucy Davis
2018-11-03 22:51:45 UTC
Hayley's former good friend is now appearing as Auntie Hilda in the
new Netflix series The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I still think
she swallows her words when she speaks, but so far I'm enjoying the
show.
2018-11-03 23:51:43 UTC
On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 22:51:45 +0000, Fenny <***@removethis.gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Fenny
Hayley's former good friend is now appearing as Auntie Hilda in the
new Netflix series The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
Has that got any connection with the teenage witch of the same name?
2018-11-04 09:32:06 UTC
It's a re-make. I saw a trailer and read about it and don't fancy it.
Fred
2018-11-04 10:18:59 UTC
Post by Fenny
Hayley's former good friend is now appearing as Auntie Hilda in the
new Netflix series The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
Has that got any connection with the teenage witch of the same name?
It's a re-make. I saw a trailer and read about it and don't fancy it.
You do right. I watched the first episode. It was trying desperately to be Buffy but the writing was atrocious; far too much exposition written as, "You need a familiar, that is a demon in animal form that helps a witch ..."

Trying for proper scary and heavy on effects.

YMMV
Fred
Fenny
2018-11-04 13:02:35 UTC
Post by Fenny
Hayley's former good friend is now appearing as Auntie Hilda in the
new Netflix series The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
Has that got any connection with the teenage witch of the same name?
It's the modern, less cheesy version. The first 2 eps have been OK so
far, although there are some not-so-subtle modern messages that a
young Mr Kavanaugh would have done well to heed.