tracked n traced
2021-07-09 11:47:26 UTC
There I was doing a bit of necessary shopping, checked my phone for a bus -
and there the message was. Grounded till 16th at 23.59.

Hazel says the vital day was Tues, either on the buses or the dentist, the
receptionist and two or three hapless clients walking past me in the tiny
reception area.

Grrr.

There goes tomorrow’s celebration!

Sincerely Chris
steve hague
2021-07-09 16:04:34 UTC
Post by Chris
There I was doing a bit of necessary shopping, checked my phone for a bus -
and there the message was. Grounded till 16th at 23.59.
Hazel says the vital day was Tues, either on the buses or the dentist, the
receptionist and two or three hapless clients walking past me in the tiny
reception area.
Grrr.
There goes tomorrow’s celebration!
Sincerely Chris
It said on today's news that the app may well be over sensitive and in
need of tweaking, but it's purely advisory and always has been.
2021-07-11 09:58:31 UTC
Post by steve hague
Post by Chris
There I was doing a bit of necessary shopping, checked my phone for a bus -
and there the message was.  Grounded till 16th at 23.59.
Hazel says the vital day was Tues,  either on the buses or the
dentist, the
receptionist and two or three hapless clients walking past me in the tiny
reception area.
Grrr.
There goes tomorrow’s celebration!
Sincerely Chris
It said on today's news that the app may well be over sensitive and in
need of tweaking, but it's purely advisory and always has been.
Steve
According to one who knows if stuck in a motorway jam (three times
yesterday thanks to some incompetent management of the overhead
gantries) it is entirely possible that it matches with a phone in
another car and you later get pinged.
2021-07-11 10:36:50 UTC
Post by steve hague
Post by Chris
There I was doing a bit of necessary shopping, checked my phone for a bus -
and there the message was.  Grounded till 16th at 23.59.
Hazel says the vital day was Tues,  either on the buses or the
dentist, the
receptionist and two or three hapless clients walking past me in the tiny
reception area.
Grrr.
There goes tomorrow’s celebration!
Sincerely Chris
It said on today's news that the app may well be over sensitive and in
need of tweaking, but it's purely advisory and always has been.
Steve
According to one who knows if stuck in a motorway jam (three times
yesterday thanks to some incompetent management of the overhead
gantries) it is entirely possible that it matches with a phone in
another car and you later get pinged.
In our cases (YMMWVOC) neither have been inside a car since the start of
the first lock down.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Jenny M Benson
2021-07-12 11:05:01 UTC
According to one who knows if stuck in a motorway jam (three times
yesterday thanks to some incompetent management of the overhead gantries)
Three times? - that's touch. There were we feeling sorry for ourselves
because we got stuck behind 2 accidents (A590 and M6) on Thursday.
Added about 5 hours to a 2 hour journey.
Wrexham, UK
Jenny M Benson
2021-07-12 11:06:00 UTC
According to one who knows if stuck in a motorway jam (three times
yesterday thanks to some incompetent management of the overhead gantries)
Three times? - that's touch.  There were we feeling sorry for ourselves
because we got stuck behind 2 accidents  (A590 and M6) on Thursday.
Added about 5 hours to a 2 hour journey.
Tried to click Cancel in order to change touch to tough, but wasn't
quick enough:-(
Wrexham, UK
Mike McMillan
2021-07-12 13:07:32 UTC
According to one who knows if stuck in a motorway jam (three times
yesterday thanks to some incompetent management of the overhead gantries)
Three times? - that's touch.  There were we feeling sorry for ourselves
because we got stuck behind 2 accidents  (A590 and M6) on Thursday.
Added about 5 hours to a 2 hour journey.
Tried to click Cancel in order to change touch to tough, but wasn't
quick enough:-(
Just a tough too slow?
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Sid Nuncius
2021-07-12 14:39:40 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
According to one who knows if stuck in a motorway jam (three times
yesterday thanks to some incompetent management of the overhead gantries)
Three times? - that's touch.  There were we feeling sorry for ourselves
because we got stuck behind 2 accidents  (A590 and M6) on Thursday.
Added about 5 hours to a 2 hour journey.
Tried to click Cancel in order to change touch to tough, but wasn't
quick enough:-(
Just a tough too slow?
Yep. Jenny will just have to touch it out.
--
Sid
2021-07-09 16:25:21 UTC
Post by Chris
There I was doing a bit of necessary shopping, checked my phone for a bus -
and there the message was. Grounded till 16th at 23.59.
Hazel says the vital day was Tues, either on the buses or the dentist, the
receptionist and two or three hapless clients walking past me in the tiny
reception area.
Grrr.
There goes tomorrow’s celebration!
Nugger! I hope you can reorganise your celebrations and enjoy staying
in together, rather than going out, before celebrating liberation day
with the hot chocolate you'd been looking forward to tomorrow.
Q. How do snowmen get around?
A. They ride an icicle
Chris
2021-07-09 20:37:21 UTC
Post by Chris
There I was doing a bit of necessary shopping, checked my phone for a bus -
and there the message was. Grounded till 16th at 23.59.
Hazel says the vital day was Tues, either on the buses or the dentist, the
receptionist and two or three hapless clients walking past me in the tiny
reception area.
Grrr.
There goes tomorrow’s celebration!
Nugger! I hope you can reorganise your celebrations and enjoy staying
in together, rather than going out, before celebrating liberation day
with the hot chocolate you'd been looking forward to tomorrow.
He’s in love with his pressure washer now it’s finally stopped raining :)

I’d better not catch anything. I get out at 23.59 on the 18th and have
arranged a small event to inter my mum’s ashes on the 20th. More than
brassed off with these official things having been held back.

Mrs McT
Mike McMillan
2021-07-10 08:00:17 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by Chris
[...]
*Stopped* raining - like heck it has! Anyway, I prepared a fair few square
yards of paving yesterday and PW’d them, next time it is dry for long
enough, I need to brush that up and start on the next section. One more big
washing day after that should see the last section washed. It is only a
matter of a final brush-up then; let’s see, err… about three months or so
should see it completed with the present weather pattern!

Mine Dew, we asked Amazon Echo Alexa this morning for a weather forecast
and then enquired if we would need our umbrellas? The reply was of the like
we have never heard before. ‘It is due to start raining in approximately
five minutes and last for twenty five minutes’ she said!!!
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Sam Plusnet
2021-07-10 17:33:30 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Mine Dew, we asked Amazon Echo Alexa this morning for a weather forecast
and then enquired if we would need our umbrellas? The reply was of the like
we have never heard before. ‘It is due to start raining in approximately
five minutes and last for twenty five minutes’ she said!!!
And???
Well, she was right about the timing but there was very little
precipitation during the specified time period - however, later on it
p*ssed down.
--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan