OT Ancestry
2018-11-21 18:30:53 UTC
I took out a free account for 2 weeks and when it ends will probably
cancel . If I cancel what happens to the family tree on the site? It
is deleted? Can I still access it?
Jenny M Benson
2018-11-21 18:48:31 UTC
I took out a free account for 2 weeks and when it ends will probably
cancel . If I cancel what happens to the family tree on the site? It
is deleted? Can I still access it?
I'm fairly certain you will have to do something - contact Ancestry - to
TOTALLY cancel your account and have your tree removed. If they will
remove it - not sure about that. My daughter and I have both been
subscribed (ie paid for) or not at various times and our trees remained
on site and accessible. Bother are/were Public Member Trees: don't know
if you can continue to access it if is a Private one - you probably can.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-22 00:09:48 UTC
I took out a free account for 2 weeks and when it ends will probably
cancel . If I cancel what happens to the family tree on the site? It
is deleted? Can I still access it?
I'm fairly certain you will have to do something - contact Ancestry -
to TOTALLY cancel your account and have your tree removed. If they
will remove it - not sure about that. My daughter and I have both been
subscribed (ie paid for) or not at various times and our trees remained
on site and accessible. Bother are/were Public Member Trees: don't
know if you can continue to access it if is a Private one - you
probably can.
But keep your own copy on your computer anyway, in case Ancestry ever
change their mind: it would be sad to lose all you have access to. In
particular, take copies of any records you access (census images,
baptism/marriage/death registry entries, anything else) during your
trial, as those you _won't_ be able to get access to afterwards, even
though you can probably access your tree.

I think they still do a "guest account", they just don't mention those
at all. You can still access (and possibly even edit) trees, just not
see any attached records.

Have you ever heard about a petition, disagreed with it, but been frustrated
that there's no way you can *show* that you disagree? If so, have a look at
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/232770 - and please pass it on if you
agree, especially to twitter, facebook, gransnet/mumsnet, or any such forum.

If you carry on hating, you're the one who's damaged.
- Sir Harold Atcherley, sent to the Burma/Siam railway in April 1943
Penny
2018-11-21 20:03:48 UTC
On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 18:30:53 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
I took out a free account for 2 weeks and when it ends will probably
cancel . If I cancel what happens to the family tree on the site? It
is deleted? Can I still access it?
I've never paid Ancestry anything but my trees have always been accessible
to me and anyone I share them with.