Whatever happened to ...?
2020-01-12 10:45:35 UTC
The money that Kneal gave to Emmurr as part of her deposit on the house
that never was? Did they forfeit the deposit - did they never actually have
to place the money on the line?
2020-01-12 10:55:31 UTC
The money that Kneal gave to Emmurr as part of her deposit on the house
that never was? Did they forfeit the deposit - did they never actually have
to place the money on the line?
That was a totally off-the-wall, mad scenario where nothing made sense.
Asking a logical question about it is as reasonable as asking who
recorded the creation of Earth in Genesis.
:-)))
2020-01-12 14:41:00 UTC
The money that Kneal gave to Emmurr as part of her deposit on the house
that never was? Did they forfeit the deposit - did they never actually have
to place the money on the line?
That was a totally off-the-wall, mad scenario where nothing made sense.
Asking a logical question about it is as reasonable as asking who
recorded the creation of Earth in Genesis.
That's easy: Mirtha Legrande.

As in old Argentine joke which goes roughly: ...and so Adam and Eve
asked God, "So, if we are the first then who's that over by the
rocks?" Anmd God replies, "That's Mirtha Legrande: she was already
here when I arrived."

And if you want to know why that's an old Argentine joke I guess
you'll have to Google.

2020-01-12 17:27:43 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 14:41:00 +0000, Nick Odell
The money that Kneal gave to Emmurr as part of her deposit on the house
that never was? Did they forfeit the deposit - did they never actually have
to place the money on the line?
That was a totally off-the-wall, mad scenario where nothing made sense.
Asking a logical question about it is as reasonable as asking who
recorded the creation of Earth in Genesis.
That's easy: Mirtha Legrande.
As in old Argentine joke which goes roughly: ...and so Adam and Eve
asked God, "So, if we are the first then who's that over by the
rocks?" Anmd God replies, "That's Mirtha Legrande: she was already
here when I arrived."
And if you want to know why that's an old Argentine joke I guess
you'll have to Google.
And there was me thinking it was some word play on myth and legend.
Actually, having googled, I'm not sure I found the right person cos it
wasn't spelt the same. I think her twin(?) sister looks older but have no
idea of the age of the photos I was offered.
2020-01-12 18:03:22 UTC
[...]
Wikipedia dates the ones it has (on Mirtha Legrand).

I presume the joke is along the lines of "is _she_ still alive?", or she
was there before everyone, or similar. Bit like ... well, it'd be
ungentlemanly to name a British actress. Maybe like Gloria Swanson's
appearance in Sunset Boulevard?

(I thought she'd be a famous photographer. Bit like the old one I've
heard squaddies interviewed saying, maybe in the 1980s or '90s, that you
knew things were serious when you saw Kate Adie checking into a nearby
hotel.)

"...told me to connect with the electorate, and I did!" John Prescott on
having punched the man who threw an egg at him (Top Gear, 2011-2-28)
krw
2020-01-12 23:34:04 UTC
The money that Kneal gave to Emmurr as part of her deposit on the house
that never was? Did they forfeit the deposit - did they never actually have
to place the money on the line?
No money changed hands.
Maybe it wa a bank loan and not then taken.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-01-13 12:23:54 UTC
The money that Kneal gave to Emmurr as part of her deposit on the house
that never was? Did they forfeit the deposit - did they never actually have
to place the money on the line?
No money changed hands.
Maybe it wa a bank loan and not then taken.
I think it was the last day for lodging the deposit; my understanding of
the term deposit is that you _do_ lose it. I think things came to a head
(with their relationship) and they didn't, er, deposit it, and thus lost
the house, or rather the chance of the house.

Who _did_ bag it isn't clear to me or hasn't been revealed (unless it
was Joy, but I don't think so, as she's living in a house that has
obviously already been built, whereas AIUI the deposit was for new ones
that are in the process of being built).

I don't like that word [atheist]; it implies that there's a god not to believe
in - Eric Idle, quoted in RT 2016/12/10-16
carolet
2020-01-13 16:18:01 UTC
The money that Kneal gave to Emmurr as part of her deposit on the house
that never was? Did they forfeit the deposit - did they never actually have
to place the money on the line?
No money changed hands.
Maybe it wa a bank loan and not then taken.
I think it was the last day for lodging the deposit; my understanding of
the term deposit is that you _do_ lose it. I think things came to a head
(with their relationship) and they didn't, er, deposit it, and thus lost
the house, or rather the chance of the house.
Who _did_ bag it isn't clear to me or hasn't been revealed (unless it
was Joy, but I don't think so, as she's living in a house that has
obviously already been built, whereas AIUI the deposit was for new ones
that are in the process of being built).
I understood that Emma and Ed had been expecting to move in within a
week or two, so that house must have been pretty much built at the time.

As to what this money actually was, it could have been a deposit, but I
thought not, hadn't they saved money and persuaded her parents to
contribute so that they had a decent cash deposit. I understood that
they had to sign something confirming their income, and declaring that
they could afford to pay back the mortgage, Ed was not prepared to lie
to do this, Emma wanted him to do just that, therefore they fell out, as
well as losing the mortgage and the house.

I presumed that there was a waiting list for these houses, and some
lucky family who thought that they had missed out had some really good news.

I don't know how many houses were built, but there must be more than
Philip & Kirsty's, Joy's and the one that Ed and Emma were to have. We
know that E&E's was more low-cost than P&K's. There must be a good few
new families in Ambridge, awaiting the installation of microphones at
some point shortly before turmoil enters their lives.
2020-01-13 16:26:20 UTC
[...]
The on air presentation denird numerous real life actualities. On air
they were talking about a deposit - which in reality would have been
lodged some months before. Ed rightly refused to lie about a job and
Emma thought that throwing money at it with a larger cash amount would
solve the problem.

We were told that someone else bought the house - but no name basis.

The whole development was unlikely as it was outside the village
envelope and so in contravention of most rural planning processes and
the planning authority gave into Justin's blackmail over the reduced
number of affordable houses - hopefully the new editor will grow a
backbone, although so far he seems only interested in mental health and
re-branding.
2020-01-13 16:31:07 UTC
<snip>
Post by krw
backbone, although so far he seems only interested in mental health and
re-branding.
I thought that was the royal family?
2020-01-13 16:51:00 UTC
<snip>
Post by krw
backbone, although so far he seems only interested in mental health and
re-branding.
I thought that was the royal family?
I assume that Meghan wants to be the president of the USA which she
transfers to her husband and it then becomes a new part of the Empire
under the Queen.