Thanks to umra
2020-05-19 15:46:09 UTC
for putting me onto the CI Gamache stories. I started the first one last
night and was immediately hooked by the writing and the setting of Three
Pines. I guess it's going to turn into a Canadian Midsomer Norton :)

Only trouble is I keep reading his name as ganache and wanting chocolate...
Sid Nuncius
2020-05-21 05:52:38 UTC
for putting me onto the CI Gamache stories. I started the first one last
night and was immediately hooked by the writing and the setting of Three
Pines. I guess it's going to turn into a Canadian Midsomer Norton :)
Only trouble is I keep reading his name as ganache and wanting chocolate...
<lw> to all of that. Actually, I wasn't over-keen on the first (Still
Life) but read the second (A Fatal Grace) and loved it. A series I
shall read and savour.
2020-05-21 07:21:16 UTC
for putting me onto the CI Gamache stories. I started the first one
last night and was immediately hooked by the writing and the setting
of Three Pines. I guess it's going to turn into a Canadian Midsomer
Norton :)
Only trouble is I keep reading his name as ganache and wanting chocolate...
<lw> to all of that.  Actually, I wasn't over-keen on the first (Still
Life) but read the second (A Fatal Grace) and loved it.  A series I
shall read and savour.
Whether the plot is good remains to be seen, but I'm loving the gentle
observational style of the writing. Reminds me of Brunetti a bit...
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-05-21 22:29:32 UTC
Only trouble is I keep reading his name as ganache and wanting chocolate...
<lw> to all of that.  Actually, I wasn't over-keen on the first
(Still Life) but read the second (A Fatal Grace) and loved it.  A
series I shall read and savour.
It's that ganache. Has to be savoured.
Post by BrritSki
Whether the plot is good remains to be seen, but I'm loving the gentle
observational style of the writing. Reminds me of Brunetti a bit...
Was that amaretti?

Is lock-in getting to me (-:?

(Reminds me, not sure why: earlier today I watched a YouTube clip of
Karen Carpenter. I had a wry smile when the popover ad. was for a
company that helped you save for your funeral ...)

Experience is the comb life gives you after you lose your hair. -Judith Stearn