Spliroe 6 January 2021
Add Reply
Anne B
2021-01-07 14:14:55 UTC
Did I hear Lynda mentioning thanking all the people involved in
nominating her for her MBE?

Because I thought that one of the rules about honours is that no-one is
allowed to divulge who was involved in making the nomination?

Anne B
krw
2021-01-07 15:17:47 UTC
Post by Anne B
Did I hear Lynda mentioning thanking all the people involved in
nominating her for her MBE?
Because I thought that one of the rules about honours is that no-one is
allowed to divulge who was involved in making the nomination?
Anne B
I think she way talking to a crowd which may have included those who
nominated her and she was thanking them - but she will not know
individually who they might be.
2021-01-07 19:02:52 UTC
Post by Anne B
Did I hear Lynda mentioning thanking all the people involved in
nominating her for her MBE?
Because I thought that one of the rules about honours is that no-one
is allowed to divulge who was involved in making the nomination?
Anne B
I think she way talking to a crowd which may have included those who
nominated her and she was thanking them - but she will not know
individually who they might be.
No, she was talking to Robert when she said that; it was something which
struck me, as well. I hadn't known it was a definite rule that no-one
was allowed to divulge that information but I was fairly sure she
wouldn't have been told.
Q. Where are the Andes?
A. At the end of your armies
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2021-01-07 20:52:57 UTC
Post by Anne B
Did I hear Lynda mentioning thanking all the people involved in
nominating her for her MBE?
Because I thought that one of the rules about honours is that no-one is
allowed to divulge who was involved in making the nomination?
Anne B
She seemed to think it was "the community" who had nominated her. (Is
that even possible? I thought the process had to be at least initiated
by a named individual. BICBAM.) If that's all she'd been told, then I
don't think the sort of thank you she gave out would bother anyone.

Q. How much is 2 + 2?
A. Thank you so much for asking your question.
Are you still having this problem? I'll be delighted to help you. Please
restate the problem twice and include your Windows version along with
all error logs.
- Mayayana in alt.windows7.general, 2018-11-1
Mike McMillan
2021-01-08 08:58:45 UTC
Post by Anne B
Did I hear Lynda mentioning thanking all the people involved in
nominating her for her MBE?
Because I thought that one of the rules about honours is that no-one is
allowed to divulge who was involved in making the nomination?
Anne B
She seemed to think it was "the community" who had nominated her. (Is
that even possible? I thought the process had to be at least initiated
by a named individual. BICBAM.) If that's all she'd been told, then I
don't think the sort of thank you she gave out would bother anyone.
When a committee member some years ago, between us, all the committee
members nominated the (at the time absent) Chairman for a Queen’s Award -
so yes, a group can nominate a person.
2021-01-08 18:28:16 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Anne B
Did I hear Lynda mentioning thanking all the people involved in
nominating her for her MBE?
Because I thought that one of the rules about honours is that no-one is
allowed to divulge who was involved in making the nomination?
Anne B
She seemed to think it was "the community" who had nominated her. (Is
that even possible? I thought the process had to be at least initiated
by a named individual. BICBAM.) If that's all she'd been told, then I
don't think the sort of thank you she gave out would bother anyone.
When a committee member some years ago, between us, all the committee
members nominated the (at the time absent) Chairman for a Queen’s Award -
so yes, a group can nominate a person.
He wasn’t accepted for that but he and his wofe went to a Buck ‘ouse garden
party.