mono TA again
2018-11-11 19:06:05 UTC
Just for the record, Sunday 11th. November, DAB broadcast of TA evening
epi. is in mono.
2018-11-11 21:49:51 UTC
Just for the record, Sunday 11th. November, DAB broadcast of TA evening
epi. is in mono.
Really? Those church bells had a wonderful surround-sound effect.

Oh, hang on a moment - that might have been supplemented by the bells
ringing just after seven this evening in the valley below me.

2018-11-12 06:35:07 UTC
Just for the record, Sunday 11th. November, DAB broadcast of TA evening
epi. is in mono.
Really? Those church bells had a wonderful surround-sound effect.
Oh, hang on a moment - that might have been supplemented by the bells
ringing just after seven this evening in the valley below me.
Blending with the fond tale of the sweet nightingale as she sings in the...

Sorry. Bit of a reflex from my Nottingham Traditional Music Club days,
still there after 50 years or so. Still, at least an earworm I'm rather
glad to have, for a change.

for anyrats who may be
unfamiliar with the song.)
Clive Arthur
2018-11-11 23:39:49 UTC
Just for the record, Sunday 11th. November, DAB broadcast of TA evening
epi. is in mono.
It must be quite an old record then. Is this a wind-up?

Cheers
Clive
Mike
2018-11-12 06:24:26 UTC
Just for the record, Sunday 11th. November, DAB broadcast of TA evening
epi. is in mono.
YA Phil Spector AICM5 dead bodies.
2018-11-12 09:53:44 UTC
Just for the record, Sunday 11th. November, DAB broadcast of TA evening
epi. is in mono.
YA Phil Spector AICM5 dead bodies.
Ooh, BTN!
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
LFS
2018-11-12 17:47:30 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by LFS
Just for the record, Sunday 11th. November, DAB broadcast of TA evening
epi. is in mono.
YA Phil Spector AICM5 dead bodies.
Ooh, BTN!
Accepted!
Hurrah!
<modest blush>
Just to muddy the waters further; we are currently listening to Pee Emm
which shows on the DAB tuner as being a stereo programme; to the best of my
ability, I cannot discern anything other than mono sound content to this
programme. Profligate Aunty Beeb is frittering away bandwidth as if it
grows on radio waves and is going out of fashion. I remember in the sixties
when stereo broadcasts were a novelty, it required an engineer somewhere to
switch on the signal that triggered stereo beacons on VHF tuners. Sigh.
2018-11-12 17:52:24 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by LFS
Just for the record, Sunday 11th. November, DAB broadcast of TA evening
epi. is in mono.
YA Phil Spector AICM5 dead bodies.
Ooh, BTN!
Accepted!
Hurrah!
<modest blush>
Just to muddy the waters further; we are currently listening to Pee Emm
which shows on the DAB tuner as being a stereo programme; to the best of my
ability, I cannot discern anything other than mono sound content to this
programme. Profligate Aunty Beeb is frittering away bandwidth as if it
grows on radio waves and is going out of fashion. I remember in the sixties
when stereo broadcasts were a novelty, it required an engineer somewhere to
switch on the signal that triggered stereo beacons on VHF tuners. Sigh.
And if you are listening Sid, you will have observed, they have been
discussing weighty matters (cue Planck jokes).