UMRA birthday info for 4 January 2019
Birthday Monitor
2019-01-04 07:16:22 UTC
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
2019-01-04 07:37:29 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Happy birthday, MOPMOB!
vk
2019-01-04 07:49:38 UTC
HB MOPMOB!
Dumrat
2019-01-04 08:10:58 UTC
Post by vk
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
HB MOPMOB!
And from me, too, also, as well, Jenny! Hope you have a lovely day!
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
Chris McMillan
2019-01-04 19:31:22 UTC
Post by vk
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
HB MOPMOB!
Wot Sally said plus hey hey vk!

From the McTs
Sally Thompson
2019-01-04 07:49:07 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Many Happy Hippoes Jenny!
May your year be filled with Bad Taste <g>.
2019-01-04 08:14:32 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
HBTTPP!

--
Are petitions unfair? See 255soft.uk (YOUR VOTE COUNTS)! [Pass it on.]

And on the question of authorship, I subscribe to the view that the plays were
not in fact written by Shakespeare but by someone of the same name.
- Hugh Bonneville (RT 2014/10/11-17)
Vicky Ayech
2019-01-04 09:47:47 UTC
On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 07:16:22 +0000 (UTC), Birthday Monitor
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Many Happy Returns, Jenny, and are you going to be the second one this
week leaves us to buy our own drinks tonight at the Bull? Or shall I
tell Jolene to get the mulled wine ready and bring out the rest of the
Christmas cakes?
Jenny M Benson
2019-01-05 11:31:53 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Many Happy Returns, Jenny, and are you going to be the second one this
week leaves us to buy our own drinks tonight at the Bull? Or shall I
tell Jolene to get the mulled wine ready and bring out the rest of the
Christmas cakes?
Many thanks for everyrat for all the good wishes. Day started well with
some nice prezzies and a trip to Chester Zoo with my daughter. Unforch,
she had a bad Meniere's (1) attack which rather spoiled the day for her
and upset me a bit, but I have to say the zoo staff were *brilliant*.

Really sorry about absence from The Bull, but I was having a jolly good
laugh at the rock'n'roll panto in Mold. OH, YES I WAS!

(1) invisible astro-pophs!
2019-01-05 11:44:14 UTC
On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 11:31:53 +0000, Jenny M Benson
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Many Happy Returns, Jenny, and are you going to be the second one this
week leaves us to buy our own drinks tonight at the Bull? Or shall I
tell Jolene to get the mulled wine ready and bring out the rest of the
Christmas cakes?
Many thanks for everyrat for all the good wishes. Day started well with
some nice prezzies and a trip to Chester Zoo with my daughter. Unforch,
she had a bad Meniere's (1) attack which rather spoiled the day for her
and upset me a bit, but I have to say the zoo staff were *brilliant*.
Really sorry about absence from The Bull, but I was having a jolly good
laugh at the rock'n'roll panto in Mold. OH, YES I WAS!
(1) invisible astro-pophs!
What a shame daughter had the attack. I hope all is settled now and
she is comfortable. Jolene saved you a whole Christmas cake!
Mike
2019-01-05 14:09:27 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Well, she may have saved a whole Christmas cake but, in came Joe spreading
a tale of woe about his khasi and he had a large slice to soak up the
consolatory pints of Shires; there is just a little dry bit left for your
celebrations.
2019-01-05 15:03:47 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Many Happy Returns, Jenny, and are you going to be the second one this
week leaves us to buy our own drinks tonight at the Bull?  Or shall I
tell Jolene to get the mulled wine ready and bring out the rest of the
Christmas cakes?
Many thanks for everyrat for all the good wishes.  Day started well with
some nice prezzies and a trip to Chester Zoo with my daughter.  Unforch,
she had a bad Meniere's (1) attack which rather spoiled the day for her
and upset me a bit, but I have to say the zoo staff were *brilliant*.
Really sorry about absence from The Bull, but I was having a jolly good
laugh at the rock'n'roll panto in Mold.  OH, YES I WAS!
(1) invisible astro-pophs!
I see apostrophes, but there's an acute lack of accents, but not very
grave and understandable in the circumflexes. Hope she's better now.
Jenny M Benson
2019-01-05 16:22:25 UTC
I see apostrophes, but there's an acute lack of accents, but not very
grave and understandable in the circumflexes. Hope she's better now.
Oh drat! "Accents" is what I meant!

Yes, thanks. Attacks are ghastly while occurring, but as she said "this
morning you would never know there was anything wrong."
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
BrritSki
2019-01-05 17:21:19 UTC
I see apostrophes, but there's an acute lack of accents, but not very
grave and understandable in the circumflexes. Hope she's better now.
Oh drat!  "Accents" is what I meant!
I was sure it was, but could see dilla opportunity for some loutish
puns. Glad she's better today.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-01-06 02:12:59 UTC
I see apostrophes, but there's an acute lack of accents, but not
very grave and understandable in the circumflexes. Hope she's better
Oh drat!  "Accents" is what I meant!
I was sure it was, but could see dilla opportunity for some loutish
puns. Glad she's better today.
Excellent puns. I thought it might have been accents too, so it gives me
an opportunity to thoroughly recommend (for WindowsRats anyway) AllChars
(http://allchars.zwolnet.com/): for example, having installed that, I
would just tap ctrl, `, e, and a è would appear. (That's e with grave
accent in case it didn't survive for somerats.)

[Turnpike told me, when I clicked Post to post this, that I was using
non-ASCII characters; I was assuming it meant my è, but when I got it to
show me the first one, it put its cursor on the first (apparent) "space"
character after "drat!".]

"You realise, Fraser, that what happened between us can never repeat itself.
Unless, of course, the exact same circumstances were to repeat themselves." "By
exact same circumstances, sir, you mean: we would have to be aboard a train
loaded with unconscious Mounties, that had been taken over by terrorists, and
were heading for a nuclear catastrophe?" "Exactly." "Understood."
Serena Blanchflower
2019-01-04 10:35:21 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Happy birthday Jenny! I hope you're having a splendid day, with many
happy returns :)
I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.
Penny
2019-01-04 11:09:59 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Happy birthday MOPMOB!
2019-01-04 11:50:46 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Happy happy hippos dear Jenny Augusta (that sounds rather like a Roman
Empress. And why not?)
2019-01-05 13:30:50 UTC
Post by Kate B
Happy happy hippos dear Jenny Augusta (that sounds rather like a Roman
Empress. And why not?)
One day in the Summer I was wearing a rather voluminous and brightly
coloured (principally turquoise and orange) kaftan when I went out into
our courtyard. The young man who lives upstairs said I looked like a
Roman Emperor!
2019-01-04 13:38:55 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
Happy Birthday, Jenny!
2019-01-04 19:47:17 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 4 January: Jenny M Benson.
What splendid news.

And it's all in the best possible taste!