Cricket
2021-08-26 06:09:13 UTC
Blimey!

I could easily have believed that the close of play score on the first
day would be 78 all out and 120/0 - but not this way round.
--
Sid
2021-08-29 05:20:09 UTC
Blimey!
I could easily have believed that the close of play score on the first
day would be 78 all out and 120/0 - but not this way round.
You mean that, by the close of play on the first day, the England
openers would have outscored the entire Indian side by over 50% -
without loss?
A tad unusual, I suppose.
<very large beam>
--
Sid
2021-08-29 07:16:43 UTC
Blimey!
I could easily have believed that the close of play score on the first
day would be 78 all out and 120/0 - but not this way round.
You mean that, by the close of play on the first day, the England
openers would have outscored the entire Indian side by over 50% -
without loss?
A tad unusual, I suppose.
<very large beam>
You’ll have to cut back on the cr*sps Sid!
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Jenny M Benson
2021-08-29 09:50:23 UTC
Blimey!
I could easily have believed that the close of play score on the
first day would be 78 all out and 120/0 - but not this way round.
You mean that, by the close of play on the first day, the England
openers would have outscored the entire Indian side by over 50% -
without loss?
A tad unusual, I suppose.
<very large beam>
Isn't "broad" the usual adjective?
Wrexham, UK
Peter Withey
2021-08-29 10:27:38 UTC
On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 10:50:23 +0100, Jenny M Benson
Blimey!
I could easily have believed that the close of play score on the
first day would be 78 all out and 120/0 - but not this way round.
You mean that, by the close of play on the first day, the England
openers would have outscored the entire Indian side by over 50% -
without loss?
A tad unusual, I suppose.
<very large beam>
Isn't "broad" the usual adjective?
No, he wasn't playing. He's out injured...
--
Pete