Don’t attend...we’ll Skype you...
2020-03-19 19:07:54 UTC
Just had a text (which I think is from my horsepiddal, but am not 100%
sure):

Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are changing the way we work to keep
patients and staff safe. If appropriate, outpatient appointments will now
go ahead with telephone or video calls. Communications about your specific
appointment will be sent out shortly. We appreciate your support at this
time

So, not attending and cuing but telephone or conferencing looks like the
order of the day soon...
Joe Kerr
2020-03-19 23:55:24 UTC
Just had a text (which I think is from my horsepiddal, but am not 100%
Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are changing the way we work to keep
patients and staff safe. If appropriate, outpatient appointments will now
go ahead with telephone or video calls. Communications about your specific
appointment will be sent out shortly. We appreciate your support at this
time
So, not attending and cuing but telephone or conferencing looks like the
order of the day soon...
Which assumes that the patient has Skype, or at least the necessary
equipment to install it. Many of the elderly often known as patients) wont.
Ric
Vicky Ayech
2020-03-20 08:48:48 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike
Just had a text (which I think is from my horsepiddal, but am not 100%
Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are changing the way we work to keep
patients and staff safe. If appropriate, outpatient appointments will now
go ahead with telephone or video calls. Communications about your specific
appointment will be sent out shortly. We appreciate your support at this
time
So, not attending and cuing but telephone or conferencing looks like the
order of the day soon...
Which assumes that the patient has Skype, or at least the necessary
equipment to install it. Many of the elderly often known as patients) wont.
I cancelled a GP appointment last week and spent a while dialing to
get through for the phone advice. They usually offer an hour a day,
2.30-3.30 and you keep dialing to get through as anyone who wants
advice has to get it then.I was lucky after 25 minutes redial ling and
got my own GP. I said I was phoning instead of coming in and we
confined test results and he ordered medication.

I get medication regulalry and will have to go into the designated and
near by chemist to get it, Lloyds inSainsburys. The store was once
again very busy this morning in the special hour for OAPs and disabled
etc when I went by.
Mike
2020-03-20 08:59:36 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike
Just had a text (which I think is from my horsepiddal, but am not 100%
Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are changing the way we work to keep
patients and staff safe. If appropriate, outpatient appointments will now
go ahead with telephone or video calls. Communications about your specific
appointment will be sent out shortly. We appreciate your support at this
time
So, not attending and cuing but telephone or conferencing looks like the
order of the day soon...
Which assumes that the patient has Skype, or at least the necessary
equipment to install it. Many of the elderly often known as patients) wont.
I imagine phone will be the preferred option if verbal descriptions will
suffice...