Broadcasting House (yesterday)
Add Reply
Mike Ruddock
2020-07-13 17:55:22 UTC
Did no-one else hear BH on Sunday. About 9.30 they played a melange of
tunes, mostly signature tunes radio or tv shows. The USP of this was
that it was played by an orchestra, each member of which was alone and
playing his instrument in a cupboard at home or under blankets.

Among tunes I recognised were those from TA, Take It From Here,
Hancock's Half Hour, The Great Escape and so on. The music sounded as if
the orchestra were all in one place and it raised, with me at least, the
question again of why we have such a feeble offering on TA.

Mike Ruddock
Penny
2020-07-13 18:11:00 UTC
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:55:22 +0100, Mike Ruddock
Post by Mike Ruddock
Did no-one else hear BH on Sunday. About 9.30 they played a melange of
tunes, mostly signature tunes radio or tv shows.
I did - most frustrating! Hearing a load of familiar tunes and being
largely unable to name the programmes.
Post by Mike Ruddock
The USP of this was
that it was played by an orchestra, each member of which was alone and
playing his instrument in a cupboard at home or under blankets.
Among tunes I recognised were those from TA, Take It From Here,
Hancock's Half Hour, The Great Escape and so on. The music sounded as if
the orchestra were all in one place and it raised, with me at least, the
question again of why we have such a feeble offering on TA.
And I'll point out again it was a one-off, took them many weeks to rehearse
and record and a lot more time for someone to mix it all together.
2020-07-13 19:42:28 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
The USP of this was
that it was played by an orchestra, each member of which was alone and
playing his instrument in a cupboard at home or under blankets.
Among tunes I recognised were those from TA, Take It From Here,
Hancock's Half Hour, The Great Escape and so on. The music sounded as if
the orchestra were all in one place and it raised, with me at least, the
question again of why we have such a feeble offering on TA.
And I'll point out again it was a one-off, took them many weeks to rehearse
and record and a lot more time for someone to mix it all together.
Plus the use of a click track makes coordination easier and also makes
the music a bit monotonous, without the reaction in the moment to the
conductor (or to each other in the case of chamber musicians).