Another spoiler Friday 28th
Add Reply
Peter Withey
2019-06-30 11:54:00 UTC
I'm not sure it is really a spoiler as it's already been discussed
recently.

The episode opened with Clarrie and Emma measuring up for new curtains
for when Clarrie, Eddie and Joe move into 1, The Green.

It would be nice to know the reasoning behind the move. Has Oliver
even been consulted? Have they told him they will no longer be able to
afford they rent and need to downsize - even more so when Joe's death
is revealed. After the comments we know Oliver has made previously
about Grundys and GF it's hard to believe he wouldn't be sympathetic
to their plight and help them.

Downsizing and a saving in rent (at least I hope so, but with William
anything is possible) seems favourite BUT it would have been nice if
we had heard them discussing with Oliver before arriving at the
decision and not as delivered as it appears, a fait accompli.
Pete
Vicky Ayech
2019-06-30 12:31:49 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
I'm not sure it is really a spoiler as it's already been discussed
recently.
The episode opened with Clarrie and Emma measuring up for new curtains
for when Clarrie, Eddie and Joe move into 1, The Green.
It would be nice to know the reasoning behind the move. Has Oliver
even been consulted? Have they told him they will no longer be able to
afford they rent and need to downsize - even more so when Joe's death
is revealed. After the comments we know Oliver has made previously
about Grundys and GF it's hard to believe he wouldn't be sympathetic
to their plight and help them.
Downsizing and a saving in rent (at least I hope so, but with William
anything is possible) seems favourite BUT it would have been nice if
we had heard them discussing with Oliver before arriving at the
decision and not as delivered as it appears, a fait accompli.
You mean you want story lines to develop logically and loose ends to
be tied up? Sort of in the way they would be if they had a continuity
person with a box file or if it had been transferred onto a computer.
Peter Withey
2019-07-01 08:26:05 UTC
On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 13:31:49 +0100, Vicky Ayech
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Peter Withey
[...]
Wishful thinking, I know, but I live in hope it might happen in the
future <g>
Pete
Mike
2019-07-01 08:28:53 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Peter Withey
[...]
There’s a song that includes a line about mountains that move...
2019-07-01 19:10:59 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
I'm not sure it is really a spoiler as it's already been discussed
recently.
The episode opened with Clarrie and Emma measuring up for new curtains
for when Clarrie, Eddie and Joe move into 1, The Green.
It would be nice to know the reasoning behind the move. Has Oliver
even been consulted? Have they told him they will no longer be able to
afford they rent and need to downsize - even more so when Joe's death
is revealed. After the comments we know Oliver has made previously
about Grundys and GF it's hard to believe he wouldn't be sympathetic
to their plight and help them.
Downsizing and a saving in rent (at least I hope so, but with William
anything is possible) seems favourite BUT it would have been nice if
we had heard them discussing with Oliver before arriving at the
decision and not as delivered as it appears, a fait accompli.
Yes it would have been sensible to have done this but it seems entirely
in keeping for the Grundies to have behaved the way they have. It's
very much like them not to have faced up to the problem or to have had a
sensible discussion about their options, either between themselves or
with Oliver. It was also entirely predictable that, when Will was told
that they were worried, he took the very high handed option of
immediately giving his tenants notice and telling his parents that they
would be moving to No 1. The Green. He didn't ask them, he told them;
he did also mention that he would need to charge some rent but suggested
it should be affordable.

I also agree that they should now tell Oliver of their plans but, again,
it's very much in character for them not to have bothered.
The 'good life' begins when you stop wanting a better one (Nkosiphambili
E. Molapis)
krw
2019-07-01 21:56:58 UTC
I also agree that they should now tell Oliver of their plans but, again,
it's very much in character for them not to have bothered.
I have a far stronger belief in incompetent editing and an inability to
look after the details.
Peter Withey
2019-07-02 08:59:46 UTC
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 20:10:59 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by Peter Withey
[...]
I can't help feeling that you, like the editor and story planners have
a down on the Grundys. All the instances of interaction between Oliver
and the Grundys have been positive. Including Oliver spending
Christmas with them after Caroline's death. He has always been very
sympathetic to their circumstances and helped them. I find it hard to
think they would treat Oliver like that. I much prefer krw's pov.
Pete
Chris McMillan
2019-07-02 14:33:12 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
[...]
Eddie but Clarrie’s not one to forget Oliver.