Apropos nothing whatsoever
2019-10-20 08:28:54 UTC
I've had a problem with the joints in one of my fingers for a while.
Following an MRI, I've been referred to the physios to see what they can
do, and I duly I received a letter last week inviting me for Hand Therapy.

Matron is still giving me suspicious looks and wondering whether I ought
to be allowed to go.
2019-10-20 10:40:39 UTC
I've had a problem with the joints in one of my fingers for a while.
Following an MRI, I've been referred to the physios to see what they can
do, and I duly I received a letter last week inviting me for Hand Therapy.
Matron is still giving me suspicious looks and wondering whether I ought
to be allowed to go.
Do you mean the physios want to manipulate you digitally? Ooh-err...
Matron, you should be concerned!!!

2019-10-20 18:54:26 UTC
I've had a problem with the joints in one of my fingers for a while.
I've had a dead left little finger for a month or two. Started as pins
and needles, as if I'd slept awkwardly, but at times has "felt odd" up
to the elbow and even shoulder - nothing concrete, just a feeling of
"something's not right". In the finger itself, I don't think I can feel
- certainly the temperature sensors don't work. My first thought - a
blood clot - doesn't seem to be right, as the finger _looks_ the same
(OK, mirror image!) of its counterpart, no necrosis - and I can _move_
it fine, so signals _from_ the brain are getting through OK. Near when
it started, I _did_ see my doc.; she thought trapped nerve, and said
come back if it doesn't go away in a week or two. Which I should have.
Over the last day or two, it _does_ seem to be receding - I think.
Following an MRI, I've been referred to the physios to see what they can
do, and I duly I received a letter last week inviting me for Hand Therapy.
Matron is still giving me suspicious looks and wondering whether I ought
to be allowed to go.
Took me a while for that penny to drop.
Do you mean the physios want to manipulate you digitally? Ooh-err...
Matron, you should be concerned!!!
Snigger.
Sincerely Chris
(-:
--

Three- (or four-) way referendum, if we _have_ to have another one -
***with second choices taken into account***

We'd agreed to overlook each others' families and everything, and get married"
(The Trouble with Harry)
steveski
2019-10-20 21:30:46 UTC
I've had a problem with the joints in one of my fingers for a while.
I've had a dead left little finger for a month or two.
Ooh! - can one do 'it' with one finger?
Steveski (Going for a gold in MV).
Mike
2019-10-21 07:16:37 UTC
I've had a problem with the joints in one of my fingers for a while.
I've had a dead left little finger for a month or two.
Ooh! - can one do 'it' with one finger?
Well,.....Two fingers is extra Luv.
2019-10-20 22:30:26 UTC
On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 19:54:26 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I've had a dead left little finger for a month or two. Started as pins
and needles, as if I'd slept awkwardly, but at times has "felt odd" up
to the elbow and even shoulder - nothing concrete, just a feeling of
"something's not right". In the finger itself, I don't think I can feel
- certainly the temperature sensors don't work. My first thought - a
blood clot - doesn't seem to be right, as the finger _looks_ the same
(OK, mirror image!) of its counterpart, no necrosis - and I can _move_
it fine, so signals _from_ the brain are getting through OK. Near when
it started, I _did_ see my doc.; she thought trapped nerve, and said
come back if it doesn't go away in a week or two. Which I should have.
Over the last day or two, it _does_ seem to be receding - I think.
I had something similar in the left side of my face a few years back.
Started as pins & needles, then lack of sensation - if I scratched from ear
to mouth I could feel the pressure but not as a scratch until it neared my
mouth - rather like scratching through a shirt. Dr sent me for MRI which
showed I didn't have a brain tumour. I was put on daily mini-asprin. The
consultant didn't tell me much, nor did the GP.

It was some time later I realise this was what had been going on for the
previous 4 years (now 8) with my right thigh - tingling followed by
numbness.

It comes and goes and I also get it on the right side of my face and on my
shoulders and down the back of my arms at times. I think I could map quite
a lot of my nerve pathways now ;) It's only really bothersome when I try to
scratch away the tingling in my sleep but I've never actually drawn blood
doing that.

It's me nerves y'know.