Name that Cow
2019-10-20 19:08:10 UTC
Some time ago there was a get-rich-Grundys story in which they dipped a
cow's tail in paint, put a blank canvas nearby, and took the result to
Lower Loxley art gallery where it attracted money. Of course, good
things never last and the cow sickened and died and they couldn't
reproduce the fascinating brushwork by hand or with a different cow.

Does anyrat remember the name of the cow?
Mike
2019-10-20 22:34:38 UTC
On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 20:08:10 +0100, DavidK <***@invalid.invalid>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by DavidK
Some time ago there was a get-rich-Grundys story in which they dipped a
cow's tail in paint, put a blank canvas nearby, and took the result to
Lower Loxley art gallery where it attracted money. Of course, good
things never last and the cow sickened and died and they couldn't
reproduce the fascinating brushwork by hand or with a different cow.
I'd forgotten that one but the recent death of the chap who worked on
Neighbours reminded me of the time Joe Grundy wrote a begging letter to
Grundy Television.
Post by DavidK
Does anyrat remember the name of the cow?
Nope, sorry.
2019-10-21 16:36:55 UTC
Post by DavidK
Does anyrat remember the name of the cow?
Nope, sorry.
Poppy was the cow.
Thank you, that's what I thought. I know (separate) people who have
called their newborns Poppy and Daisy, but no Buttercup.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-10-21 17:22:48 UTC
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, DavidK
<***@invalid.invalid> writes:
[]
Post by DavidK
Thank you, that's what I thought. I know (separate) people who have
called their newborns Poppy and Daisy, but no Buttercup.
Good point; Buttercup would IMO be a pretty name.

I recently discovered that the song I'd always known as "Daisy, Daisy"
is properly called "Daisy Bell":
https://www.mfiles.co.uk/scores/daisy-bell.htm (warning: you may find
you waste a lot of time on that site; lots of free [for personal use]
sheet music, and interesting information on lots of tunes).

"Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum." Translation: "Garbage in, garbage out."