OT Unlocking
Tony Smith
2021-07-12 17:27:36 UTC
First the good news: My college is arranging some picnics on the Cam.
Next the bad news: On days I expect to be in Orkney.
Mike McMillan
2021-07-12 17:31:00 UTC
Post by Tony Smith
First the good news: My college is arranging some picnics on the Cam.
Next the bad news: On days I expect to be in Orkney.
You needn’t miss out completely Tony:

https://www.orkney.com/news/orkney-picnic
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Tony Smith
2021-07-12 18:20:32 UTC
Interesting. While I have seen the Westray Wif(i)e carving in Pierowall I was unaware of a cheese named after her.
Tony Smith
2021-08-22 17:47:34 UTC
Post by Tony Smith
Post by Mike McMillan
https://www.orkney.com/news/orkney-picnic
Interesting. While I have seen the Westray Wif(i)e carving in Pierowall I was unaware of a cheese named after her.
There is indeed a cheese of that name. Rather bland, hard as Edam, edible rind

There is another Westray cheese called Noltland Castle, which I have not tasted.

Both are to be had in delicatessens in Kirkwall, Wife in cheeseboards in local restauarants.

This time we didn't stop in Pierowall to see the carving but went straight on the the ferry to Papay (aka Papa Westray)
Peter
2021-07-12 18:25:55 UTC
Post by Tony Smith
First the good news: My college is arranging some picnics on the Cam.
Next the bad news: On days I expect to be in Orkney.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg
Nick Odell
2021-07-12 19:44:32 UTC
On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:27:36 -0700 (PDT), Tony Smith
Post by Tony Smith
First the good news: My college is arranging some picnics on the Cam.
Next the bad news: On days I expect to be in Orkney.
Picnics on the Cam? Ah: so that's why they are so keen to get the
swimmers out of the Cam.
<https://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/kings-college-cambridge-swimming-ban-sparks-protest-8138912>