How ever many people? Totally O/t.
2018-11-26 16:34:06 UTC
must be using Amazon in any one town in any one day? I have noticed of late
that my deliveries are notified to me with the driver’s progress and the
number of drops before mine. I usually start seeing notifications when I am
8th. or 9th. in the queue - almost without exception, the previous 6-8
calls are all within a few streets of here; this makes me wonder if I live
in the Amazonian ‘reign-in’ forest and that a huge number of clickers live
round here and subscribe to this service? Have Amazon reigned in that many
customers - or is this a feature of just this area I wonder?
2018-11-26 17:08:14 UTC
must be using Amazon in any one town in any one day? I have noticed of late
that my deliveries are notified to me with the driver’s progress and the
number of drops before mine. I usually start seeing notifications when I am
8th. or 9th. in the queue - almost without exception, the previous 6-8
calls are all within a few streets of here; this makes me wonder if I live
in the Amazonian ‘reign-in’ forest and that a huge number of clickers live
round here and subscribe to this service? Have Amazon reigned in that many
customers - or is this a feature of just this area I wonder?
Amazon rule (-:

[I think you mean "rein" ...]

Have you ever heard about a petition, disagreed with it, but been frustrated
that there's no way you can *show* that you disagree? If so, have a look at
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/232770 - and please pass it on if you
agree, especially to twitter, facebook, gransnet/mumsnet, or any such forum.

There's not an app for that.
Mike
2018-11-26 18:34:35 UTC
must be using Amazon in any one town in any one day? I have noticed of late
that my deliveries are notified to me with the driver’s progress and the
number of drops before mine. I usually start seeing notifications when I am
8th. or 9th. in the queue - almost without exception, the previous 6-8
calls are all within a few streets of here; this makes me wonder if I live
in the Amazonian ‘reign-in’ forest and that a huge number of clickers live
round here and subscribe to this service? Have Amazon reigned in that many
customers - or is this a feature of just this area I wonder?
[I think you mean "rein" ...]
Sorry Jpeg, but in my defence, Amazon do take royalties on all 3rd. Party
sales.
2018-11-26 19:40:01 UTC
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 17:08:14 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Have you ever heard about a petition, disagreed with it, but been frustrated
that there's no way you can *show* that you disagree? If so, have a look at
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/232770 - and please pass it on if you
agree, especially to twitter, facebook, gransnet/mumsnet, or any such forum.
The subject here seems quite apt and I CBA to seek out the original thread.

I finally got around to sharing the petition on Facebook and got the
following response from Kimbo:
On the face of it, I like that idea. I need some people to argue against it
now, for clarity :)
2018-11-27 04:16:40 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Have you ever heard about a petition, disagreed with it, but been frustrated
that there's no way you can *show* that you disagree? If so, have a look at
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/232770 - and please pass it on if you
agree, especially to twitter, facebook, gransnet/mumsnet, or any such forum.
The subject here seems quite apt and I CBA to seek out the original thread.
True; hadn't occurred to me.
Post by Penny
I finally got around to sharing the petition on Facebook and got the
Thanks very much.
Post by Penny
On the face of it, I like that idea. I need some people to argue against it
now, for clarity :)
All publicity is good publicity (which is part of the point of the
petition of course!).

Any further nets it can be posted on would be welcome. At the moment,
it's 2.24% of the way to the first threshold. They run for six months,
apparently. [But one can't extrapolate, as the increase has tailed off
almost completely )-:.]

Have you ever heard about a petition, disagreed with it, but been frustrated
that there's no way you can *show* that you disagree? If so, have a look at
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/232770 - and please pass it on if you
agree, especially to twitter, facebook, gransnet/mumsnet, or any such forum.

No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.
- Penny Mayes, UMRA, 2014-August
Penny
2018-11-27 11:01:31 UTC
On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 04:16:40 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by Penny
On the face of it, I like that idea. I need some people to argue against it
now, for clarity :)
All publicity is good publicity (which is part of the point of the
petition of course!).
Any further nets it can be posted on would be welcome. At the moment,
it's 2.24% of the way to the first threshold. They run for six months,
apparently. [But one can't extrapolate, as the increase has tailed off
almost completely )-:.]
It attracted one further comment but no direct shares :(
2018-11-27 12:10:00 UTC
Post by Penny
On the face of it, I like that idea. I need some people to argue against it
now, for clarity :)
All publicity is good publicity (which is part of the point of the
petition of course!).
Any further nets it can be posted on would be welcome. At the moment,
it's 2.24% of the way to the first threshold. They run for six months,
apparently. [But one can't extrapolate, as the increase has tailed off
almost completely )-:.]
It attracted one further comment but no direct shares :(
Just had a notification that my Amazon delivery driver is 55 stops away
from me now; he/she is about 15 minutes walk from here.
2018-11-26 17:45:31 UTC
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 16:34:06 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Mike
must be using Amazon in any one town in any one day? I have noticed of late
that my deliveries are notified to me with the driver’s progress and the
number of drops before mine. I usually start seeing notifications when I am
8th. or 9th. in the queue - almost without exception, the previous 6-8
calls are all within a few streets of here; this makes me wonder if I live
in the Amazonian ‘reign-in’ forest and that a huge number of clickers live
round here and subscribe to this service? Have Amazon reigned in that many
customers - or is this a feature of just this area I wonder?
Living in a relatively rural area (it may be the biggest town in the county
but still very small and 12 miles from the next one) all my Amazon
deliveries are made by Royal Mail and the tracking is less detailed.

D#2, also in a small town but in Kent, gets deliveries direct from the
nearby Amazon distribution centre and probably gets similar numbered drops
to you.
We get the last 10 or so, Mike. Many in this immediate area.
Sam Plusnet
2018-11-29 21:17:32 UTC
must be using Amazon in any one town in any one day? I have noticed of late
that my deliveries are notified to me with the driver’s progress and the
number of drops before mine. I usually start seeing notifications when I am
8th. or 9th. in the queue - almost without exception, the previous 6-8
calls are all within a few streets of here; this makes me wonder if I live
in the Amazonian ‘reign-in’ forest and that a huge number of clickers live
round here and subscribe to this service? Have Amazon reigned in that many
customers - or is this a feature of just this area I wonder?
I live in the wilds of South Wales, at the less fashionable end of a
valley, and our last Amazon delivery followed just the form you described.
Having nothing better to do at that moment, I went up to the gate to
greet him as the moving green dot on the map approached the fixed red
marker that represented our gaff.

Incidentally, we still get other deliveries from Amazon via post.
2018-11-30 08:44:06 UTC
[...]
Yeap, on the occasion I cited, there were 11 or 12 deliveries within less
than 5 minutes walk of here and some 40 plus within just a few roads.