Umra Christmas Drinks Party
2020-12-22 21:37:38 UTC
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09

Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
a l l y

2020-12-22 22:05:31 UTC
Post by a l l y
Hoping to be there!
ally
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Link duly noted, see you all there.
Steve Hague
2020-12-23 07:38:38 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by a l l y
Hoping to be there!
ally
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Link duly noted, see you all there.
I intend to be there, unless of course I'm somewhere else.
2020-12-23 09:18:08 UTC
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Having just seen today's Dilbert, I'm not sure I should attend....

<https://dilbert.com/strip/2020-12-23>
Pauline Young
2020-12-23 11:26:27 UTC
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
As a long time lurker, but previous poster, I should love to be with you all on 27th.

I don't post nowadays because I never know how the message will be presented. If this looks OK, you might see me more often.

Pauline
Serena Blanchflower
2020-12-23 11:39:20 UTC
Post by Pauline Young
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
As a long time lurker, but previous poster, I should love to be with you all on 27th.
I don't post nowadays because I never know how the message will be presented. If this looks OK, you might see me more often.
It looks fine and I hope we will see you more often!
Compassion should be unbiased and based on the recognition that others
have the right to happiness, just like yourself (Dalai Lama)
BrritSki
<LW>
Vicky Ayech
You are looking good :)
Mike McMillan
2020-12-23 12:12:35 UTC
Post by Pauline Young
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
As a long time lurker, but previous poster, I should love to be with you all on 27th.
I don't post nowadays because I never know how the message will be
presented. If this looks OK, you might see me more often.
Pauline
Welcome back into the fold Pauline!
2020-12-23 21:01:37 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Pauline Young
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
As a long time lurker, but previous poster, I should love to be with you all on 27th.
I don't post nowadays because I never know how the message will be
presented. If this looks OK, you might see me more often.
Pauline
Welcome back into the fold Pauline!
Into the fold? You'll have us all in creases Mike.

p.s. Do hang around Pauline, they put up with my rubbish so you have
nothing to worry about.
2020-12-24 10:53:34 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Pauline Young
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
As a long time lurker, but previous poster, I should love to be with you all on 27th.
I don't post nowadays because I never know how the message will be
presented. If this looks OK, you might see me more often.
Pauline
Welcome back into the fold Pauline!
Into the fold? You'll have us all in creases Mike.
p.s. Do hang around Pauline, they put up with my rubbish so you have
nothing to worry about.
Pauline’s an old friend, she recognised McT as a work colleague at our
first bbq: several ladies came to that BBQ from the main campus at
University of Reading but McT was on another campus wot Maggie Thatcher had
caused to be sold to the University.

2020-12-23 13:03:27 UTC
Post by Pauline Young
As a long time lurker, but previous poster, I should love to be with you all on 27th.
I don't post nowadays because I never know how the message will be presented. If this looks OK, you might see me more often.
It looks fine! Looking forward to seeing you there, Pauline, and here
again/more often.
2020-12-23 13:24:55 UTC
Post by Pauline Young
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
As a long time lurker, but previous poster, I should love to be with you all on 27th.
I don't post nowadays because I never know how the message will be presented. If this looks OK, you might see me more often.
Pauline
Looks fine from here (tier 4).
2020-12-23 15:21:54 UTC
Post by Pauline Young
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
As a long time lurker, but previous poster, I should love to be with you all on 27th.
I don't post nowadays because I never know how the message will be
presented. If this looks OK, you might see me more often.
Pauline
Looks perfectly presented, Pauline.

Joe Kerr
2020-12-23 21:27:57 UTC
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
I doubt that I'll make it, I'll be parent sitting, but thanks for the
invitation.
Ric
Chris
2020-12-24 10:53:35 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
I doubt that I'll make it, I'll be parent sitting, but thanks for the
invitation.
Sorry you can’t probably make it, Joe.

2020-12-24 10:59:56 UTC
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Does anyone else find the above time display annoying? Shirley it
should be 6.00pm or 18:00? The extraneous (if that is the right word)
zero before the number 6 is bringing about maximum displeasure.

Well I am in tier 4 and have to have something to be angry about.
2020-12-24 11:50:06 UTC
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Does anyone else find the above time display annoying? Shirley it
should be 6.00pm or 18:00? The extraneous (if that is the right word)
zero before the number 6 is bringing about maximum displeasure.
Well I am in tier 4 and have to have something to be angry about.
I hadfn't noticed it before you pointed it out. Maybe it is a 6.A.M
breakfast zoom and I'd have missed it.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-12-24 17:37:34 UTC
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
(Any below moaning is not directed at Sally; I assume the software is to
blame. Very grateful to Sally for organising!
Does anyone else find the above time display annoying? Shirley it
should be 6.00pm or 18:00? The extraneous (if that is the right word)
zero before the number 6 is bringing about maximum displeasure.
I find the US m-d-y (at least it's a 4-digit y) irritating, as it's
neither nowt nor summat: it's medium, small, large. And I agree with you
about the zero with the PM. I'd have said

2020-12-27 18:00

or something like that, with the possible addition of GMT or +0000 if
thought necessary. (I do concede and use a. m. or p. m. if writing to
some people, and also sometimes put the month in letters if before the
13th, except when m=d.)
Well I am in tier 4 and have to have something to be angry about.
This is UMRA - you don't need an excuse for a minor moan!
Post by Vicky Ayech
I hadfn't noticed it before you pointed it out. Maybe it is a 6.A.M
breakfast zoom and I'd have missed it.
What really gets me (and others!) is when I see things like "2 am in the
morning". I (and others) have been known to respond in sarcastic manner!

"...told me to connect with the electorate, and I did!" John Prescott on
having punched the man who threw an egg at him (Top Gear, 2011-2-28)
Sally Thompson
2020-12-24 19:35:44 UTC
Post by krw
Does anyone else find the above time display annoying? Shirley it
should be 6.00pm or 18:00? The extraneous (if that is the right word)
zero before the number 6 is bringing about maximum displeasure.
I hadn't noticed it either. It was a direct paste of the invitation from
Zoom which is an American company, so assume they had got themselves in a
time machine pickle.
Anne B
2020-12-24 22:25:28 UTC
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
(Any below moaning is not directed at Sally; I assume the software is to
blame. Very grateful to Sally for organising!
Does anyone else find the above time display annoying? Shirley it
should be 6.00pm or 18:00? The extraneous (if that is the right word)
zero before the number 6 is bringing about maximum displeasure.
I find the US m-d-y (at least it's a 4-digit y) irritating, as it's
neither nowt nor summat: it's medium, small, large.
Agreed. Illogical and annoying.

And I agree with you
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
about the zero with the PM. I'd have said
2020-12-27 18:00
or something like that, with the possible addition of GMT or +0000 if
thought necessary. (I do concede and use a. m. or p. m. if writing to
some people, and also sometimes put the month in letters if before the
13th, except when m=d.)
I always, without fail, write the month in letters to make sure there is
no possibility of misunderstanding.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-12-25 03:59:04 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I find the US m-d-y (at least it's a 4-digit y) irritating, as it's
neither nowt nor summat: it's medium, small, large.
Agreed. Illogical and annoying.
Indeed. I used yyyy-m-d initially as it could be logical and still show
the date as my watch did (cheap digital watches always used American
mm-dd), then stuck with it.

(I've always thought it would irritate an American to point out that the
only date they express sensibly is actually their national day, but have
never had the opportunity to try this out.)
[]
Post by Anne B
I always, without fail, write the month in letters to make sure there
is no possibility of misunderstanding.
There isn't after the 12th in all months, plus the extra 12 days when
d=m.

"Bother,"saidPoohwhenhisspacebarrefusedtowork.
Jenny M Benson
2020-12-25 10:32:24 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I find the US m-d-y (at least it's a 4-digit y) irritating, as it's
neither nowt nor summat: it's medium, small, large.
Agreed. Illogical and annoying.
 And I agree with you
I think a date written like December 25 2020 is not only less
immediately clear but it also more difficult to say. I'd say "the 25th
of December 2020" or "December [the] 25th 2020" and somehow the former
rolls off the tongue more smoothly. When all the numbers are written
next to each other it takes more effort to distinguish the days from the
year.
2020-12-26 00:39:34 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I find the US m-d-y (at least it's a 4-digit y) irritating, as it's
neither nowt nor summat: it's medium, small, large.
Agreed. Illogical and annoying.
  And I agree with you
I think a date written like December 25 2020 is not only less
immediately clear but it also more difficult to say.  I'd say "the 25th
of December 2020" or "December [the] 25th 2020" and somehow the former
rolls off the tongue more smoothly.  When all the numbers are written
next to each other it takes more effort to distinguish the days from the
year.
Open minded Americans shrug & say "Yes, but it's what we've always done
and we're used to doing things that way."
Others insist that their way is right and the rest of the world have it
all wrong.
(Like misspelling 'color' etc.)
198kHz
2020-12-24 16:55:12 UTC
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Does anyone else find the above time display annoying?  Shirley it
should be 6.00pm or 18:00?  The extraneous (if that is the right word)
zero before the number 6 is bringing about maximum displeasure.
Well I am in tier 4 and have to have something to be angry about.
In total agreement - in Tier 2.
198kHz
Mike McMillan
2020-12-24 17:13:05 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sally Thompson
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Does anyone else find the above time display annoying?  Shirley it
should be 6.00pm or 18:00?  The extraneous (if that is the right word)
zero before the number 6 is bringing about maximum displeasure.
Well I am in tier 4 and have to have something to be angry about.
In total agreement - in Tier 2.
Not worth a couple of tiers between you though.
Anne B
2020-12-24 22:26:36 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sally Thompson
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Does anyone else find the above time display annoying?  Shirley it
should be 6.00pm or 18:00?  The extraneous (if that is the right word)
zero before the number 6 is bringing about maximum displeasure.
Well I am in tier 4 and have to have something to be angry about.
In total agreement - in Tier 2.
Don't remind me. I have one hour and 35 minutes of Level 1 to enjoy
before I get catapulted straight into Level 4.

Anne B
Jenny M Benson
2020-12-25 10:37:45 UTC
Post by Anne B
Don't remind me. I have one hour and 35 minutes of Level 1 to enjoy
before I get catapulted straight into Level 4.
It was a bit like being catapulted for me. I was due to spend
Christmas, as from last Sunday, with my sister. She rang me about 5 pm
on Saturday to say we were going into total lock-down as from midnight.
I had about 30 minutes to whip round getting everything I needed for
an indeterminate-length stay before she picked me up!
Anne B
2020-12-24 22:23:01 UTC
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Does anyone else find the above time display annoying?  Shirley it
should be 6.00pm or 18:00?  The extraneous (if that is the right word)
zero before the number 6 is bringing about maximum displeasure.
Well I am in tier 4 and have to have something to be angry about.
YANAOU. I suppose it's a manifestation of Leftpondianism.

Anne B
Laura Spira
2020-12-24 13:56:42 UTC
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?

Laura
Serena Blanchflower
2020-12-24 14:27:03 UTC
Post by Laura Spira
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
I'm hoping for nothing more formal than "yes, being dressed would be a
good idea"...
Morality is doing what's right regardless of what you're told. Obedience
is doing what you're told regardless of what is right (H.L. Mencken)
Sally Thompson
2020-12-24 17:30:52 UTC
Post by Laura Spira
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
I'm hoping for nothing more formal than "yes, being dressed would be a
good idea"...
You took the words right out of my mouth...
2020-12-24 17:33:00 UTC
Post by Laura Spira
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
I'm hoping for nothing more formal than "yes, being dressed would be a
good idea"...
You took the words right out of my mouth...
Phew!
Q. Do you know the quickest way to the station?
A. Yes - run!
Mike McMillan
2020-12-24 15:19:45 UTC
Post by Laura Spira
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Laura
Birthday Suits of course!
2020-12-24 16:16:34 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Laura Spira
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Laura
Birthday Suits of course!
Calendar Girls as several Christmases ago.

john
Anne B
2020-12-24 22:27:46 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Laura Spira
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Laura
Birthday Suits of course!
Calendar Girls as several Christmases ago.
john
Calendar Girls on Zoom?

Anne B
Joe Kerr
2020-12-27 16:08:36 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Laura Spira
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Laura
Birthday Suits of course!
I didn't realise it would be formal. I'd better get it pressed.
Ric
Mike McMillan
2020-12-27 16:12:19 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Laura Spira
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Laura
Birthday Suits of course!
I didn't realise it would be formal. I'd better get it pressed.
Mine is already creased.
2020-12-27 19:35:17 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Laura Spira
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Birthday Suits of course!
I didn't realise it would be formal. I'd better get it pressed.
Mine is already creased.
I'd rather not have the really wrinkly bits pressed, thank you.
--
Sid
2020-12-27 19:53:20 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Laura Spira
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Birthday Suits of course!
I didn't realise it would be formal. I'd better get it pressed.
Mine is already creased.
I'd rather not have the really wrinkly bits pressed, thank you.
Just steamed and starched.
2020-12-27 20:46:27 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Laura Spira
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Birthday Suits of course!
I didn't realise it would be formal. I'd better get it pressed.
Mine is already creased.
I'd rather not have the really wrinkly bits pressed, thank you.
Just steamed and starched.
It's come to something when my crumpled, linen suit has been
out-crumpled by the body within it.

2020-12-27 21:44:00 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Laura Spira
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Birthday Suits of course!
I didn't realise it would be formal. I'd better get it pressed.
Mine is already creased.
I'd rather not have the really wrinkly bits pressed, thank you.
Just steamed and starched.
Thank you very much, Sally, for hosting the zoom. I did enjoy meeting
those who attended. The screen capture is on the umra fb group as
someone said they would find a place to put it on the web for umrats
who are not on fb to see.
Serena Blanchflower
2020-12-28 09:18:50 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Laura Spira
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Birthday Suits of course!
I didn't realise it would be formal. I'd better get it pressed.
Mine is already creased.
I'd rather not have the really wrinkly bits pressed, thank you.
Just steamed and starched.
Thank you very much, Sally, for hosting the zoom. I did enjoy meeting
those who attended. The screen capture is on the umra fb group as
someone said they would find a place to put it on the web for umrats
who are not on fb to see.
I've uploaded them to FlickR, along with a later screengrab, after you'd
left but when Ally (plus Sammi) and Rosie had joined us. Sadly, I
didn't get one while we had Joe Kerr there, which must have been after
you'd left.

You can see them at <https://flic.kr/s/aHsmTdbPm9>
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a long time making it (Anon)
Jenny M Benson
2020-12-28 09:46:52 UTC
I've uploaded them to FlickR, along with a later screengrab, after you'd
left but when Ally (plus Sammi) and Rosie had joined us.  Sadly, I
didn't get one while we had Joe Kerr there, which must have been after
you'd left.
You can see them at <https://flic.kr/s/aHsmTdbPm9>
I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get to the party. I'm sure you all had a
wonderful time. Thank you vou, Serena, for that chance for absentees to
share.
2020-12-29 09:10:20 UTC
I've uploaded them to FlickR, along with a later screengrab, after you'd
left but when Ally (plus Sammi) and Rosie had joined us.  Sadly, I
didn't get one while we had Joe Kerr there, which must have been after
you'd left.
You can see them at <https://flic.kr/s/aHsmTdbPm9>
I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get to the party. I'm sure you all had a
wonderful time. Thank you vou, Serena, for that chance for absentees to
share.
Nugger, sorry I had to go before Ally and Sammi arrived. I had a date with
a phone and a husky crossed with a Labrador (and his hooman).

2020-12-29 09:12:51 UTC
I've uploaded them to FlickR, along with a later screengrab, after you'd
left but when Ally (plus Sammi) and Rosie had joined us.  Sadly, I
didn't get one while we had Joe Kerr there, which must have been after
you'd left.
You can see them at <https://flic.kr/s/aHsmTdbPm9>
I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get to the party. I'm sure you all had a
wonderful time. Thank you vou, Serena, for that chance for absentees to
share.
Hmm, thought we’d got me on screen properly. I was in an armchair pulled
as close to his office chair as it was possible to get.

2020-12-29 11:24:18 UTC
On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 at 09:12:51, Chris <***@ntlworld.com>
wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
[]
Post by Chris
Hmm, thought we’d got me on screen properly. I was in an armchair pulled
as close to his office chair as it was possible to get.
Sincerely Chris
You just need to turn the camera (or laptop) a bit towards you - and
maybe even sit a bit further back. Next time, wave with each hand - I
assume you _do_ see your own image in the matrix, so that should show
whether it's in or not (holding a light object).

But no matter; was lovely to see you whatever!

The advantage with David Attenborough is that people just want to hear him
talk. About anything.
- Kirsty Young (Desert Island Discs presenter), RT 2015/9/25-10/2
Mike McMillan
2020-12-29 12:11:36 UTC
Post by Chris
Hmm, thought we’d got me on screen properly. I was in an armchair pulled
as close to his office chair as it was possible to get.
Sincerely Chris
You just need to turn the camera (or laptop) a bit towards you - and
maybe even sit a bit further back. Next time, wave with each hand - I
assume you _do_ see your own image in the matrix, so that should show
whether it's in or not (holding a light object).
But no matter; was lovely to see you whatever!
The iPad had been positioned quite nicely thank you, Chris had decided at
that point that she had ants in her pants and started moving about a lot
and I was sat still and still ‘on-camera’. We only see a small frame with
our camera’s image in it and Chris would not necesscelery notice she was
‘off-camera’ some of the time. Most UMRATS are on their todds rather than
in pairs so the camera needed to be further away to capture us both - I did
try to frame it so that we were both visible - I just didn’t allow for the
ants. Gallery view is of little use to us as we cannot even make out
people’s features in such small images.
2020-12-29 12:31:33 UTC
On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 at 12:11:36, Mike McMillan
[]
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Chris
[...]
I was thinking you might have problems seeing the images; that's why I
suggested waving, probably holding a light object, with each hand.

Or get some ant powder ... (-:

If this power [television] is ever brought to mechanical perfection, there is
little reason, except the desire to be gregarious, that anyone but a few
should go in person to any place of entertainment again. - BBC yearbook 1930
Sid Nuncius
2020-12-29 18:29:43 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
The iPad had been positioned quite nicely thank you, Chris had decided at
that point that she had ants in her pants and started moving about a lot
<snip>
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I was thinking you might have problems seeing the images; that's why I
suggested waving, probably holding a light object, with each hand.
Powder To The People!
--
Sid
2020-12-29 19:02:59 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I was thinking you might have problems seeing the images; that's why
I suggested waving, probably holding a light object, with each hand.
Powder To The People!
(-:

I guess only those over a certain age, but that probably includes plenty
here, that whenever I hear someone whistling "O Tannenbaum", I always
expect it to end with someone shouting the original of that ...

Her [Valerie Singleton's] main job on /Blue Peter/ was to stop unpredictable
creatres running amok. And that was just John Noakes.
- Alison Pearson, RT 2014/9/6-12
Mike McMillan
2020-12-24 17:30:52 UTC
Post by Laura Spira
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Umra Christmas Drinks Party
Time: Dec 27, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81391158187?pwd=REYzR1RzSWIxZytscTJvQlk1Ykw0UT09
Meeting ID: 813 9115 8187
Passcode: 293657
Hope to be there, Sally. Is there a dress code?
Laura
Preferably not nekkid!!

Sam Plusnet
2020-12-27 21:09:57 UTC
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Thanks for organising this, Sally! It was lovely to see you all :)
Be happy. It's one way of being wise. (Colette)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-12-27 22:42:28 UTC
On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 at 21:09:57, Serena Blanchflower
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Thanks for organising this, Sally! It was lovely to see you all :)
And thanks from me.

Odds are, the phrase "It's none of my business" will be followed by "but".
Peter
2020-12-27 23:06:32 UTC
On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 at 21:09:57, Serena Blanchflower
 Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Thanks for organising this, Sally!  It was lovely to see you all :)
And thanks from me.
Me too, or mee to.
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Ernst Specker on Paul Bernays
Anne B
2020-12-28 09:16:56 UTC
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Thanks for organising this, Sally!  It was lovely to see you all :)
Hear, hear!

Anne B
Joe Kerr
2020-12-28 22:28:47 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Sally Thompson
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Thanks for organising this, Sally!  It was lovely to see you all :)
Hear, hear!
Anne B
Indeed. It was nice to put a few faces to names. Sorry I couldn't stay
longer. I'd managed to plan a menu that let me sneak off for a few
minutes between putting it in and fetching it out of the oven. It was
the best I could manage.
Ric
Sally Thompson
2020-12-28 14:18:18 UTC
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Thanks for organising this, Sally! It was lovely to see you all :)
It was nice to see and chat to you all! And not forgetting the various
pussy cats of course.
2020-12-28 16:51:10 UTC
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Thanks for organising this, Sally! It was lovely to see you all :)
It was nice to see and chat to you all! And not forgetting the various
pussy cats of course.
I thought it was very generous of the pussy cats to allow their staff to
fritter away their time and attention when, really, they should have been
attending to the much greater needs of the cats themselves!
2020-12-28 19:52:59 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Thanks for organising this, Sally! It was lovely to see you all :)
It was nice to see and chat to you all! And not forgetting the various
pussy cats of course.
I thought it was very generous of the pussy cats to allow their staff to
fritter away their time and attention when, really, they should have been
attending to the much greater needs of the cats themselves!
Bella was quite happy, as the chat was keeping me just where she wanted me.
...running like a slug on valium (Tony Gardner)
Chris
2020-12-29 09:12:51 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Sally Thompson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Thanks for organising this, Sally! It was lovely to see you all :)
It was nice to see and chat to you all! And not forgetting the various
pussy cats of course.
I thought it was very generous of the pussy cats to allow their staff to
fritter away their time and attention when, really, they should have been
attending to the much greater needs of the cats themselves!
Bella was quite happy, as the chat was keeping me just where she wanted me.
And very good her song was too.