Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 15th February 2019
2019-02-07 19:32:59 UTC

Roy Tucker - Ian Pepperell
Lee - Ryan Early
Leonard Berry - Paul Copley
Jamila - Lorna Laidlaw

Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Tim Stimpson

Spoilers:
Sunday 10th - Emma's attempts to help backfire, and Elizabeth struggles
to keep up appearances.
Monday 11th - There is bad news for Brian and Ian waves the white flag.
Tuesday 12th - Kenton has concerns over the future of Lower Loxley and
the prodigal returns.
Wednesday 13th - Elizabeth faces her demons and attempts the first step
to recovery.
Thursday 14th - Will receives a shock and Helen's evening takes an
unexpected turn.
Friday 15th - Tracy stands accused and Roy takes pity.
2019-02-07 20:12:39 UTC
Jill Archer    -    Patricia Greene
David Archer    -    Timothy Bentinck
Ruth Archer    -    Felicity Finch
Pip Archer    -    Daisy Badger
Kenton Archer    -    Richard Attlee
Jolene Archer    -    Buffy Davis
Tony Archer    -    David Troughton
Helen Archer    -    Louiza Patikas
Tom Archer    -    William Troughton
Brian Aldridge    -    Charles Collingwood
Jennifer Aldridge    -    Angela Piper
Lilian Bellamy    -    Sunny Ormonde
Ian Craig    -    Stephen Kennedy
Ruairi Donovan    -    Arthur Hughes
Toby Fairbrother    -    Rhys Bevan
Will Grundy    -    Philip Molloy
Mia Grundy    -    Molly Pipe
Emma Grundy    -    Emerald O'Hanrahan
Tracy Horrobin    -    Susie Riddell
Kate Madikane    -    Perdita Avery
Kirsty Miller    -    Annabelle Dowler
Elizabeth Pargetter    -    Alison Dowling
Johnny Phillips    -    Tom Gibbons
Roy Tucker    -    Ian Pepperell
Lee    -    Ryan Early
Leonard Berry    -    Paul Copley
Jamila    -    Lorna Laidlaw
Director    :    Kim Greengrass
Editor    :    Jeremy Howe
Writer    :    Tim Stimpson
Sunday 10th - Emma's attempts to help backfire, and Elizabeth struggles
to keep up appearances.
Here, Joe, I've cooked you a baked bean sprout and artichoke soup
because Clarrie's so busy. It's pronounced Parzhetay, you know.
Post by carolet
Monday 11th - There is bad news for Brian and Ian waves the white flag.
Kate's coming home. Look, if I wave this white flag near a prism it'll
look like a rainbow one.
Post by carolet
Tuesday 12th - Kenton has concerns over the future of Lower Loxley and
the prodigal returns.
His plan was always to get Freddie banged up and shivved inside, strain
Elizabeth's heart to bursting, ditch Jolene and run LL with Lily, but
there might not be a business for her to inherit. And yes, heeere's
Kate. </Jack Nicholson>
Post by carolet
Wednesday 13th - Elizabeth faces her demons and attempts the first step
to recovery.
I'll just draw this pentacle in the Orangery and tell Mephistopheles
I've got a problem.
Post by carolet
Thursday 14th - Will receives a shock and Helen's evening takes an
unexpected turn.
Bugger! I thought I'd turned off that electric fence. Lee takes off his
rubber mask (TM Mission Impossible) to reveal Titchener R.
Post by carolet
Friday 15th - Tracy stands accused and Roy takes pity.
She switched on the fence so she could rescue Will and give him
artificial respiration. Roy's just desperate enough to <NO CARRIER>

2019-02-08 10:40:42 UTC
On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 19:32:59 +0000, carolet <***@gmail.com>
Mia Grundy - Molly Pipe
Is this the first time we've heard her?
Post by carolet
Kate Madikane - Perdita Avery
Jamila - Lorna Laidlaw
Another escapee from Letherbridge Doctors - has she arrived with Kate? Will
she modify her accent?
Post by carolet
Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Tim Stimpson
Sunday 10th - Emma's attempts to help backfire, and Elizabeth struggles
to keep up appearances.
Monday 11th - There is bad news for Brian and Ian waves the white flag.
Tuesday 12th - Kenton has concerns over the future of Lower Loxley and
the prodigal returns.
Wednesday 13th - Elizabeth faces her demons and attempts the first step
to recovery.
Thursday 14th - Will receives a shock
His daughter starts talking
2019-02-08 11:28:46 UTC
Mia Grundy - Molly Pipe
Is this the first time we've heard her?
She was always trying to speak, but was told to ‘pipe down’.
Kate Madikane - Perdita Avery
Can’t her plane crash and be lost?
That would be a perdita - not.
carolet
2019-02-08 12:06:19 UTC
Mia Grundy - Molly Pipe
Is this the first time we've heard her?
I have a record of her previously being played by Molly Thorp. I suspect
that I got that from Keri Davies via Mustardland, when he used to say
who played the youngsters that weren't officially credited. She must,
therefore, have said the odd word way back, but I have no record of when.

This is certainly the first time that anyone has been officially
credited as Mia. As they are both Mollys, I suppose there is a small
possibility that Miss Pipe and Miss Thorp are actually the same person.
2019-02-08 12:39:08 UTC
On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 12:06:19 +0000, carolet <***@gmail.com>
Mia Grundy - Molly Pipe
Is this the first time we've heard her?
I have a record of her previously being played by Molly Thorp. I suspect
that I got that from Keri Davies via Mustardland, when he used to say
who played the youngsters that weren't officially credited. She must,
therefore, have said the odd word way back, but I have no record of when.
This is certainly the first time that anyone has been officially
credited as Mia. As they are both Mollys, I suppose there is a small
possibility that Miss Pipe and Miss Thorp are actually the same person.
Well if it's this Molly Pipe she turned 21 last October
<https://www.mandy.com/actor/profile/molly-pipe>
and dances a curiously slow jig

2019-02-09 10:26:58 UTC
Well if it's this Molly Pipe she turned 21 last October
<https://www.mandy.com/actor/profile/molly-pipe>
and dances a curiously slow jig
http://youtu.be/0aERXDSFdC8
That is a face I know from folk circles. I didn't know what her
day job was.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2019-02-09 14:24:18 UTC
On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 10:26:58 +0000, Chris J Dixon <***@cdixon.me.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Penny
Well if it's this Molly Pipe she turned 21 last October
<https://www.mandy.com/actor/profile/molly-pipe>
and dances a curiously slow jig
http://youtu.be/0aERXDSFdC8
That is a face I know from folk circles. I didn't know what her
day job was.
I wondered if you might. I think her accompanist did a splendid job on that
jig.
2019-02-11 09:27:55 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Penny
Well if it's this Molly Pipe she turned 21 last October
<https://www.mandy.com/actor/profile/molly-pipe>
and dances a curiously slow jig
http://youtu.be/0aERXDSFdC8
That is a face I know from folk circles. I didn't know what her
day job was.
I wondered if you might. I think her accompanist did a splendid job on that
jig.
Indeed so.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2019-02-11 20:00:54 UTC
Well if it's this Molly Pipe she turned 21 last October
<https://www.mandy.com/actor/profile/molly-pipe>
Just got round to looking at

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/17hZYpjSh5XcJ2J7gRVhmNn/mia-grundy>

and I can confirm that it is indeed the actor whose profile you
found.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2019-02-08 14:41:50 UTC
Jamila - Lorna Laidlaw
Another escapee from Letherbridge Doctors - has she arrived with Kate? Will
she modify her accent?
No need, Shirley. Her natural accent is Birmingham.
2019-02-08 16:27:56 UTC
On 8 Feb 2019 14:41:50 GMT, Sally Thompson
Jamila - Lorna Laidlaw
Another escapee from Letherbridge Doctors - has she arrived with Kate? Will
she modify her accent?
No need, Shirley. Her natural accent is Birmingham.
True but she's been doing Botswana. If she arrives with Kate from SA what
accent will she have?
2019-02-08 18:18:55 UTC
On 8 Feb 2019 14:41:50 GMT, Sally Thompson
Jamila - Lorna Laidlaw
Another escapee from Letherbridge Doctors - has she arrived with Kate? Will
she modify her accent?
No need, Shirley. Her natural accent is Birmingham.
True but she's been doing Botswana. If she arrives with Kate from SA what
accent will she have?
True. I hadn't thought of her arriving with Kate. I had assumed she was
going to be connected to help for Elizabeth.

Oh, perhaps she is Lucas's mother!
2019-02-08 19:18:45 UTC
On 8 Feb 2019 14:41:50 GMT, Sally Thompson
Jamila - Lorna Laidlaw
Another escapee from Letherbridge Doctors - has she arrived with Kate? Will
she modify her accent?
No need, Shirley. Her natural accent is Birmingham.
True but she's been doing Botswana. If she arrives with Kate from SA what
accent will she have?
True. I hadn't thought of her arriving with Kate. I had assumed she was
going to be connected to help for Elizabeth.
Oh, perhaps she is Lucas's mother!
Anyone remember the SA TA Xtra actors?

Sincerely Chris
Dumrat
2019-02-09 06:14:19 UTC
On 8 Feb 2019 14:41:50 GMT, Sally Thompson
Jamila - Lorna Laidlaw
Another escapee from Letherbridge Doctors - has she arrived with Kate? Will
she modify her accent?
No need, Shirley. Her natural accent is Birmingham.
True but she's been doing Botswana. If she arrives with Kate from SA what
accent will she have?
True. I hadn't thought of her arriving with Kate. I had assumed she was
going to be connected to help for Elizabeth.
Oh, perhaps she is Lucas's mother!
Maybe I've led a sheltered life, but I've only met women named Jamila whose origins are
Arabic/Muslim and I seem to remember Lucas's mother was quite dogmatically Christian?
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
Sally Thompson
2019-02-09 06:59:00 UTC
Post by Dumrat
On 8 Feb 2019 14:41:50 GMT, Sally Thompson
Jamila - Lorna Laidlaw
Another escapee from Letherbridge Doctors - has she arrived with Kate? Will
she modify her accent?
No need, Shirley. Her natural accent is Birmingham.
True but she's been doing Botswana. If she arrives with Kate from SA what
accent will she have?
True. I hadn't thought of her arriving with Kate. I had assumed she was
going to be connected to help for Elizabeth.
Oh, perhaps she is Lucas's mother!
Maybe I've led a sheltered life, but I've only met women named Jamila whose origins are
Arabic/Muslim and I seem to remember Lucas's mother was quite dogmatically Christian?
I've obviously led a more sheltered one, because I've never met anyone
called Jamila! So, possibly in connection with Elizabeth then, as I
originally thought.