O/T Amazon
2019-01-19 12:53:04 UTC
Just opened the Prime Video app and the first ‘word’ to hit my eye was
‘#amazonshitcarshow’; is it just me or do any otherats feel that that might
have benny fitted from the use of an apostrophe?
2019-01-19 13:37:21 UTC
Just opened the Prime Video app and the first ‘word’ to hit my eye was
‘#amazonshitcarshow’; is it just me or do any otherats feel that that might
have benny fitted from the use of an apostrophe?
After seeing some of the newspaper comments about the programme I
suspect Amazon to be hedging their bets here.

2019-01-19 14:08:36 UTC
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 12:53:04 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Just opened the Prime Video app and the first ‘word’ to hit my eye was
‘#amazonshitcarshow’; is it just me or do any otherats feel that that might
have benny fitted from the use of an apostrophe?
:)
Hashtags don't like punctuation - hence the out-pourings of grief for a
singer and actress when #nowthatchersdead was trending.
2019-01-19 14:15:57 UTC
in the dust...
Just opened the Prime Video app and the first ‘word’ to hit my eye was
‘#amazonshitcarshow’; is it just me or do any otherats feel that that might
have benny fitted from the use of an apostrophe?
:)
Hashtags don't like punctuation - hence the out-pourings of grief for a
singer and actress when #nowthatchersdead was trending.
And Maggie can still be heard almost daily on bbcradiofour :-(
2019-01-19 15:01:26 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Just opened the Prime Video app and the first ‘word’ to hit my eye was
‘#amazonshitcarshow’; is it just me or do any otherats feel that that might
have benny fitted from the use of an apostrophe?
Not too much, if the apostrophe was properly placed!
:)
Hashtags don't like punctuation - hence the out-pourings of grief for a
singer and actress when #nowthatchersdead was trending.
Do they allow _s?

All reminiscent of the websites of a few years ago - I think _some_ of
these were actually genuine:
Pen Island - a company that sold expensive pens
a plant-growing company in the outback - Mole Station Nursery
PowerGen Italia
Experts Exchange
for theatrical and other agents: who represents

If you google any of these, you'll find lots more.
Post by Mike
And Maggie can still be heard almost daily on bbcradiofour :-(
OK, I don't listen anything like as much as I used to, but I don't think
it's almost daily: I can't remember when I last heard her, in fact.

(please reply to group - they also serve who only look and lurk)
(William Allen, 1999 - after Milton, of course)
Mike
2019-01-19 15:14:22 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
And Maggie can still be heard almost daily on bbcradiofour :-(
OK, I don't listen anything like as much as I used to, but I don't think
it's almost daily: I can't remember when I last heard her, in fact.
[]
Short memory perhaps? ;-) yesterday for me - but then, I haven’t listened
to R4 much today.
2019-01-19 21:18:59 UTC
Just opened the Prime Video app and the first ‘word’ to hit my eye was
‘#amazonshitcarshow’; is it just me or do any otherats feel that that might
have benny fitted from the use of an apostrophe?
I saw an ad for it yesterday on IMDB and thought they'd pretty much
nailed it.