UMRA birthday info for 23 December 2018
Birthday Monitor
2018-12-23 07:12:43 UTC
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
2018-12-23 09:14:17 UTC
On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 07:12:43 +0000 (UTC), Birthday Monitor
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Happy birthday, Carole, and merry Yule to you and all umrats and their
families.
vk
Indeed, on both counts!
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-12-23 10:09:10 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Happy birthday, Carole, and merry Yule to you and all umrats and their
families.
Indeed, on both counts!
Yea verily.

255soft.uk

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand, quoted by Deb
Shinder 2012-3-30
Serena Blanchflower
2018-12-23 10:18:12 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Happy birthday Carole! I hope you have a lovely day, without it being
overshadowed by early celebrations of Tuesday :)
In baiting a mouse trap with cheese, always leave room for the mouse. (Saki)
Jenny M Benson
2018-12-23 14:47:36 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Many, many very happy returns of the day, Carolet!
Dumrat
2018-12-23 16:04:23 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Many happy returns of the day, Carolette!
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
steveski
2018-12-23 17:27:15 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Many Happy Hippoes, Carole :-)
2018-12-23 18:28:53 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Happy birthday, MOPMOB!
2018-12-23 21:33:38 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Happy birthday, MOPMOB!
Yes. Just so. Wot he sed.

About time they moved Christmas to make room for the proper celebrations.
SODAM
2018-12-23 23:54:14 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Happy birthday, MOPMOB!
Yes. Just so. Wot he sed.
About time they moved Christmas to make room for the proper celebrations.
Crikey! Just seen this. So our birthday Carole was nearly a Christmas
Carole?

Hope I’m in time to wish you many happy returns of today, Carole. The WiFi
went off this evening and just came back on. It would be silly to wish you
“happy birthday “ as it’s almost over and already determined whether or not
it was happy, which I hope it was.
Best wishes,
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
carolet
2018-12-26 14:47:26 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 23 December: CaroleT.
Happy birthday, MOPMOB!
Yes. Just so. Wot he sed.
About time they moved Christmas to make room for the proper celebrations.
Crikey! Just seen this. So our birthday Carole was nearly a Christmas
Carole?
Hope I’m in time to wish you many happy returns of today, Carole. The WiFi
went off this evening and just came back on. It would be silly to wish you
“happy birthday “ as it’s almost over and already determined whether or not
it was happy, which I hope it was.
Best wishes,
You may have been late with your wish, but I'm afraid that I am even
later in receiving them, I haven't been near umra since birthday eve.
I'm here now, though, and I thank all of you for your wishes.

Yes, I was almost a Christmas Carole, but as I was already 13 days late,
it might have been difficult to hold on for yet another two days.

I had a very pleasant birthday. We didn't go anywhere, my nearest and
dearest came to me, and we ignored the frantic pre-Christmas world
outside. Daughter is working on all of the current round of bank
holidays, but she made it for my birthday. The only Christmassy thing
that we did on my day, was to decorate the tree, which I enjoy doing
then. The tree was back indoors for its third yule season. It has
clearly grown during the year, I don't know how many more years it will
be possible to continue using it.

The necessary Christmas present presentation was saved until Christmas
Eve, before daughter went on her way.

Thank you, again, every one, and best wishes for the remainder of the
Christmas holidays.
2018-12-26 16:35:21 UTC
In message <q0049s$ner$***@dont-email.me>, carolet
<***@gmail.com> writes:
then. The tree was back indoors for its third yule season. It has
clearly grown during the year, I don't know how many more years it will
be possible to continue using it.
[]
You obviously succeed in keeping yours alive between Christmasses; my
friends with whom I'm staying have tries in the past, but failed. (They
are blind, but mainly I think it's that the only place they can put it
is in a small black yard https://goo.gl/maps/gZC55DniaL22 (behind that
brick wall - can't get Google to look over the wall but you get the
idea), which gets very hot and dry in summer.

I've heard recently of companies that rent out living trees in pots:
deliver just before Christmas, then collect on twelfth night, and look
after the tree in the meantime; some families apparently get the same
tree several years running, but obviously - if they grow - don't always.
I _imagine_ the costs are set to be similar to those for cut trees,
though I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deposit of rather more.

Have anyrats used such a service and care to share, good or bad? (Anyone
know of any company in or near Tyneside doing it? I left it rather too
late to look, especially from a distance [it's not an easy thing to
Google for].)

"Dook, that was great but I think the line needs
awe. Can you do it again, giving it just a little awe?"

"Sure, George," said Wayne and looking up at the cross said:
"Aw, truly this man is the son of God."
(recounted in Radio Times, 30 March-5 April 2013.)
Mike
2018-12-26 16:48:37 UTC
[...]
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35092589

https://www.forever-green-christmas.co.uk/index.php?p=1_14_Why-rent-a-living-Christmas-tree

Just fir starters...
2018-12-26 17:21:49 UTC
then. The tree was back indoors for its third yule season. It has
clearly grown during the year, I don't know how many more years it will
be possible to continue using it.
We planted our tree in the front garden and from then on decorated it
there. No needles indoors ;). We had an open fireplace and wooden
mantlepiece and dark beams in the sitting room and just put holly all
over the place indoors.
BrritSki
2018-12-26 18:05:05 UTC
[...]
If you plant in the front garden it tends to collect litter so you have
to spruce it up before bringing it in.

Cedar what I did there ?
Mike
2018-12-26 18:51:56 UTC
[...]
Bit of a pine really then?
Umbrella !
steveski
2018-12-27 00:37:57 UTC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35092589
https://www.forever-green-christmas.co.uk/index.php?p=1_14_Why-rent-
a-living-Christmas-tree
Just fir starters...
If you plant in the front garden it tends to collect litter so you
have to spruce it up before bringing it in.
Cedar what I did there ?
Bit of a pine really then?
Umbrella !
Mornington Crescent!
2018-12-27 15:41:24 UTC
then. The tree was back indoors for its third yule season. It has
clearly grown during the year, I don't know how many more years it
will be possible to continue using it.
[]
You obviously succeed in keeping yours alive between Christmasses; my
friends with whom I'm staying have tries in the past, but failed. (They
are blind, but mainly I think it's that the only place they can put it
is in a small black yard https://goo.gl/maps/gZC55DniaL22 (behind that
brick wall - can't get Google to look over the wall but you get the
idea), which gets very hot and dry in summer.
It is more luck than judgement that it has survived. So far I have just
stood it, in its pot, on a drain cover that is surrounded by flower bed.
It has been watered occasionally, but that is all. I may try to find a
bigger pot for it when it goes out again.
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
deliver just before Christmas, then collect on twelfth night, and look
after the tree in the meantime; some families apparently get the same
tree several years running, but obviously - if they grow - don't always.
I _imagine_ the costs are set to be similar to those for cut trees,
though I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deposit of rather more.
Have anyrats used such a service and care to share, good or bad? (Anyone
know of any company in or near Tyneside doing it? I left it rather too
late to look, especially from a distance [it's not an easy thing to
Google for].)
I used to drive past a place that adverstised such a service. For
serveral years I considered doing that. A few years ago I finally looked
into it, and realised how much it cost, that is when I bought this one.
2018-12-27 14:26:27 UTC
I don't know how many more years it will be possible to continue using it.
Cut a hole in the ceiling?
2018-12-27 15:31:00 UTC
I don't know how many more years it will be possible to continue using it.
Cut a hole in the ceiling?
I think I will have trouble lifting it, or getting it through the door
before that is necessary.
2018-12-27 18:55:25 UTC
I don't know how many more years it will be possible to continue using it.
Cut a hole in the ceiling?
I think I will have trouble lifting it, or getting it through the door
before that is necessary.
At that time, I feel it may be due a root and branch review.
2018-12-27 23:37:23 UTC
I don't know how many more years it will be possible to continue using it.
Cut a hole in the ceiling?
I think I will have trouble lifting it, or getting it through the door
before that is necessary.
At that time, I feel it may be due a root and branch review.
Thus becoming a bonza Bonsai.
2018-12-28 01:53:44 UTC
I don't know how many more years it will be possible to continue using it.
Cut a hole in the ceiling?
I think I will have trouble lifting it, or getting it through the door
before that is necessary.
At that time, I feel it may be due a root and branch review.
Thus becoming a bonza Bonsai.
It could even be a bonzer bonsai bonanza.
2018-12-28 06:59:23 UTC
I don't know how many more years it will be possible to continue using it.
Cut a hole in the ceiling?
I think I will have trouble lifting it, or getting it through the door
before that is necessary.
At that time, I feel it may be due a root and branch review.
Thus becoming a bonza Bonsai.
It could even be a bonzer bonsai bonanza.
The right type of tree would make it a bonzer bonsai banana bonanza.
And if the fruit were then given to the smaller of the two chimpanzee
species it would be a bonzer bonsai bonobo...eh?

Oh, all right then. I'll get me coat.
2018-12-28 19:58:50 UTC
I don't know how many more years it will be possible to continue using it.
Cut a hole in the ceiling?
I think I will have trouble lifting it, or getting it through the door
before that is necessary.
At that time, I feel it may be due a root and branch review.
Thus becoming a bonza Bonsai.
It could even be a bonzer bonsai bonanza.
The right type of tree would make it a bonzer bonsai banana bonanza. And
if the fruit were then given to the smaller of the two chimpanzee
species it would be a bonzer bonsai bonobo...eh?
Oh, all right then.  I'll get me coat.
Try it on a copper beech & end up with a bronze bonzer...