OT lynxes
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-01-03 23:39:00 UTC
Weren't the lynxes on BBBC2 recently beautiful? Especially the kittens.
steveski
2020-01-04 01:49:47 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Weren't the lynxes on BBBC2 recently beautiful? Especially the kittens.
Loved both programmes - I would have had Branski kept as a semi-pet (like
Sonsie in the Hamish Macbeth thread above), but that would go against the
'reintroduction to the wild' idea.
Oi, I'm not "wild", or a pet. Oh, Sorry, as you were...
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-01-04 08:50:25 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Weren't the lynxes on BBBC2 recently beautiful? Especially the kittens.
Loved both programmes - I would have had Branski kept as a semi-pet (like
Sonsie in the Hamish Macbeth thread above), but that would go against the
'reintroduction to the wild' idea.
Oi, I'm not "wild", or a pet. Oh, Sorry, as you were...
And I don't think your first name is Gerald ...

Science fiction is escape into reality - Arthur C Clarke
DavidK
2020-01-04 09:16:32 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Weren't the lynxes on BBBC2 recently beautiful? Especially the kittens.
Loved both programmes - I would have had Branski kept as a semi-pet (like
Sonsie in the Hamish Macbeth thread above), but that would go against the
'reintroduction to the wild' idea.
Yes, I thought that it was cruel to make sociable Bryansk fend for
himself. I would like to have learned more about the Miass-Koshka bonded
pair. Did he provide food for the kittens?

I'm not sure I believe the suggestion that the cats needed to climb to
prey on squirrels.
Vicky Ayech
2020-01-04 09:31:50 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by steveski
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Weren't the lynxes on BBBC2 recently beautiful? Especially the kittens.
Loved both programmes - I would have had Branski kept as a semi-pet (like
Sonsie in the Hamish Macbeth thread above), but that would go against the
'reintroduction to the wild' idea.
Yes, I thought that it was cruel to make sociable Bryansk fend for
himself. I would like to have learned more about the Miass-Koshka bonded
pair. Did he provide food for the kittens?
I'm not sure I believe the suggestion that the cats needed to climb to
prey on squirrels.
I would have loved to watch it but the presenter is Gordon Buchanan
and I;ve seen a few he did and there is too much him in them. He
really annoys me. But then so does Umbrella, blonde rentascientist,
biology, archeology, travel etc. When they are all over the place
they begin to annoy me. GOW
Vicky Ayech
2020-01-04 09:33:52 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by steveski
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Weren't the lynxes on BBBC2 recently beautiful? Especially the kittens.
Loved both programmes - I would have had Branski kept as a semi-pet (like
Sonsie in the Hamish Macbeth thread above), but that would go against the
'reintroduction to the wild' idea.
Yes, I thought that it was cruel to make sociable Bryansk fend for
himself. I would like to have learned more about the Miass-Koshka bonded
pair. Did he provide food for the kittens?
I'm not sure I believe the suggestion that the cats needed to climb to
prey on squirrels.
Even presenters who aernot onthat much can ruin the programme. I
watched the first of the tripical islands on BBC yesterday and the
voice over was awful. Breathlessly impressed all the time. I want to
see the next one as we haven't seen orangutans and bears yet but will
watchwith the sound off and subtitles. You can't do that to the lynx
programme as he makes sure to be in every shot, much more than the
animals.