Plot re-writeperhaps?
2019-07-28 15:16:38 UTC
If Ed goes to HMP goodness knows where shortly, shirley all the house
purchase plans dissolve, Grundy house moving will go to pot, Sterling
Villas will continue to be Grundy Towers and Clarrie carries on using the
beloved range and Joe ..... err.... has he K’d TB yet???
2019-07-28 21:01:11 UTC
If Ed goes to HMP goodness knows where shortly, shirley all the house
purchase plans dissolve, Grundy house moving will go to pot, Sterling
Villas will continue to be Grundy Towers and Clarrie carries on using the
beloved range and Joe ..... err.... has he K’d TB yet???

vv
It sounds as if Emma is refusing to accept the situation. Is that
going to store up more trouble for them when they can't pay the
mortgage and have not let the mortgage company know Ed lost his job?
And she was unfair in just blaming Ed. He wanted to refuse to do
anotehr job after he realised it was really bad and she urged him to,
but is conveniently forgetting that, as well as having piled on the
financial pressure by buying things on credit.
Mike
2019-07-29 15:51:24 UTC
If Ed goes to HMP goodness knows where shortly, shirley all the house
purchase plans dissolve, Grundy house moving will go to pot, Sterling
Villas will continue to be Grundy Towers and Clarrie carries on using the
beloved range and Joe ..... err.... has he K’d TB yet???
vv
It sounds as if Emma is refusing to accept the situation. Is that
going to store up more trouble for them when they can't pay the
mortgage and have not let the mortgage company know Ed lost his job?
And she was unfair in just blaming Ed. He wanted to refuse to do
anotehr job after he realised it was really bad and she urged him to,
but is conveniently forgetting that, as well as having piled on the
financial pressure by buying things on credit.
Hire purchase as it was then, was commonly referred to as ‘The Never Never’
and as I understood it, this generally meant that one ‘never never’ seemed
to end paying * for it. I think this term may now apply to En’n’Emma in
more ways than one!

*There was of course the ‘Option to Purchase Fee’ that one was required to
pay at the end - has anyRat heard of anyone paying up to the last payment
but not paying the option to purchase fee???
2019-07-29 16:00:34 UTC
In message <0CE%E.1982847$***@fx15.am4>, Mike
<***@ntlworld.com> writes:
Hire purchase as it was then, was commonly referred to as ‘The Never Never’
and as I understood it, this generally meant that one ‘never never’ seemed
to end paying * for it. I think this term may now apply to En’n’Emma in
more ways than one!
*There was of course the ‘Option to Purchase Fee’ that one was required to
pay at the end - has anyRat heard of anyone paying up to the last payment
but not paying the option to purchase fee???
I don't think it's common now for things bought "on credit" - with the
possible exception of cars, where the periodic payments arguably include
a maintenance component rather than just being paying off a loan, i. e.
it's a lease with option to purchase rather than being a simple credit
loan.
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the companies offering purchase on
credit get away with charging an _early_ payoff fee, though, if you
decide you want to overpay the instalments.

"Dook, that was great but I think the line needs
awe. Can you do it again, giving it just a little awe?"

"Sure, George," said Wayne and looking up at the cross said:
"Aw, truly this man is the son of God."
(recounted in Radio Times, 30 March-5 April 2013.)
carolet
2019-07-30 11:57:25 UTC
If Ed goes to HMP goodness knows where shortly, shirley all the house
purchase plans dissolve, Grundy house moving will go to pot, Sterling
Villas will continue to be Grundy Towers and Clarrie carries on using the
beloved range and Joe ..... err.... has he K’d TB yet???
At the beginning of last week the Grundys were all together for hay
making (or some such) followed by a picnic. Clarrie was saying that Joe
was asleep having enjoyed the day, the last such day while they were
living there. I thought they were going to find that he didn't wake up
again. It would have been a nice way for him to go.

If that had then pushed some other storylines out of the week, it would
have been nicer for us too.
vv
It sounds as if Emma is refusing to accept the situation. Is that
going to store up more trouble for them when they can't pay the
mortgage and have not let the mortgage company know Ed lost his job?
And she was unfair in just blaming Ed. He wanted to refuse to do
anotehr job after he realised it was really bad and she urged him to,
but is conveniently forgetting that, as well as having piled on the
financial pressure by buying things on credit.
I thought that it was only with Emma's persuasion that Ed agreed to do
the first driving job.
2019-07-31 12:06:21 UTC
[...]
As she has sort of admitted under duress.