OT - A levels
2020-08-17 08:59:12 UTC
On the news last night I saw this placard held up at a demonstration
about the current A level shambles:
"No Etonians were harmed in the making of this algorithm."

However much or little it may be justified, it really made me laugh.
2020-08-17 09:21:42 UTC
On the news last night I saw this placard held up at a demonstration
"No Etonians were harmed in the making of this algorithm."
However much or little it may be justified, it really made me laugh.
Yes, it was very witty. And encouraging to see that there were no
speeling errors on any of the placards I saw.

I blame the teachers :)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-08-17 10:37:15 UTC
On the news last night I saw this placard held up at a demonstration
"No Etonians were harmed in the making of this algorithm."
However much or little it may be justified, it really made me laugh.
My favourite along those lines was a greeting card:

"No trees were harmed in the making of this card.
.
.
.
But a couple of baby bushes were brutally beaten to death to make the
envelope."
Post by BrritSki
Yes, it was very witty. And encouraging to see that there were no
speeling errors on any of the placards I saw.
I blame the teachers :)
I love it!

science is not intended to be foolproof. Science is about crawling toward the
truth over time. - Scott Adams, 2015-2-2
Sid Nuncius
2020-08-18 11:28:46 UTC
On the news last night I saw this placard held up at a demonstration
"No Etonians were harmed in the making of this algorithm."
However much or little it may be justified, it really made me laugh.
Yes, it was very witty. And encouraging to see that there were no
speeling errors on any of the placards I saw.
I blame the teachers  :)
:o)
However, a letter in Today's Times:

Sir, I am not sure that the student whose placard read “Oi gavin! Our
Teachers are qualified to give grades. Yo’ur not!” should expect high marks.
Penny
2020-08-18 14:51:32 UTC
On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 12:28:46 +0100, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
On the news last night I saw this placard held up at a demonstration
"No Etonians were harmed in the making of this algorithm."
However much or little it may be justified, it really made me laugh.
Yes, it was very witty. And encouraging to see that there were no
speeling errors on any of the placards I saw.
I blame the teachers  :)
:o)
Sir, I am not sure that the student whose placard read “Oi gavin! Our
Teachers are qualified to give grades. Yo’ur not!” should expect high marks.
I blame a series of Ministers for Education over the years who have tried
to crack a nut they don't understand with a bulldozer they can't drive.
Chasing away all the teachers who knew what they were doing with loads of
prescriptive nonsense and terrorising the rest with more of the same :((