UMRA birthday info for 26 May 2019
Add Reply
Birthday Monitor
2019-05-26 06:06:04 UTC
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
2019-05-26 06:40:25 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Am I the only one awake and therefore the first to wish you many happy
hippoes, MOPMOB?
2019-05-26 07:50:34 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Am I the only one awake and therefore the first to wish you many happy
hippoes, MOPMOB?
Not now you aren't. Many happy returns MOPMOB.
2019-05-26 08:34:20 UTC
I was awake and at the swimming pool :)
Sid Nuncius
2019-05-27 05:53:42 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Am I the only one awake and therefore the first to wish you many happy
hippoes, MOPMOB?
Thanks for all the good wishes, chums. It was a pretty low-key day, but
I did manage to hear some live music[1], which is always good, and to
absorb a couple of glasses of Chateauneuf-du-Pape in the evening. <beam>

[1]Just down the road from Nuncius Towers there's a big hall of
residence for students at the Royal College of Music. They have a brief
afternoon concert once a month so that students coming up to exams can
play their exam pieces in front of a real (if small) audience. There
was a preponderance of movements from 19th-Century piano sonatas, which
I'm not that bonkers about (that Brahms goes on a bit sometimes, doesn't
he?), but also a lovely Handel aria and a performance of the Chaconne
from Bach's D minor Partita for solo violin, which was fab.

Er...sorry. You really didn't want to know all that, did you?
2019-05-27 07:52:58 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
They obviously made a ‘concerted’ effort specially for your buffday Sid.
2019-05-27 08:56:30 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
On the contrary, the combination of Chateauneuf and Chaconne sounds
pretty good to me. Glad you had a nice day.

Nick
Jane Vernon
2019-05-27 17:51:37 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
I did. Many apologies for missing the day itself.
--
Jane
BTME

2019-05-27 19:31:36 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Yes, and we're delighted you could Handel it.
2019-05-27 19:43:45 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Well I did. Well done you! (But I like Brahms so he wouldn’t have gone on
too much).

Sincerely Chris
vk
2019-05-26 07:36:28 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Oh frabjous day!
HB MOPMOB.
Vicky Ayech
2019-05-26 08:33:48 UTC
On Sun, 26 May 2019 06:06:04 +0000 (UTC), Birthday Monitor
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Happy birthday, Sid. There are bags of Cr%sps waiting behind the bar
at the Bull, and a choice of Scruff gin, Shires or LL wine to wash
them down :) Unless you'd prefer cake at Fallon's?
Mike
2019-05-26 09:07:05 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Happy birthday, Sid. There are bags of Cr%sps waiting behind the bar
at the Bull, and a choice of Scruff gin, Shires or LL wine to wash
them down :) Unless you'd prefer cake at Fallon's?
And Freddie is waiting behind the bar to serve you... err... what?
2019-05-26 09:25:28 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Happy birthday, Sid. There are bags of Cr%sps waiting behind the bar
at the Bull, and a choice of Scruff gin, Shires or LL wine to wash
them down :) Unless you'd prefer cake at Fallon's?
And Freddie is waiting behind the bar to serve you... err... what?
Happy birthday, Sid!

Chris and McT
Penny
2019-05-26 10:19:22 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Happy birthday MOPMOB!
2019-05-26 10:30:19 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Happy happy hippos, dear Sid! Hope you are enjoying the sunshine and a
cool glass of something seriously nice.
Dumrat
2019-05-26 16:07:35 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Happy happy hippos, dear Sid! Hope you are enjoying the sunshine and a cool glass of
something seriously nice.
FMTAAW, Sid!
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
Serena Blanchflower
2019-05-26 11:36:52 UTC
Happy birthday Sid! I hope you have a splendiferous day with a very
happy, and much healthier, year to come.
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder
for me to find one now.
steveski
2019-05-26 13:14:21 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Hippo bathday, Sid MOPMOB!
2019-05-26 20:03:47 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
So the sun shines on Nuncius' natal festivities - as it should.

Hope you have a splendid time MOPMOB, but don't get too close to those
dancing hippos.
Min
2019-05-27 00:41:52 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
--
I seem to be the new UBM - mail me for additions/updates/deletion
Belated Happies from me and the Hounds, Sid! Hope you had a spiffing day!
Min
SODAM
2019-05-27 09:22:19 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Oh no! I missed Sid’s birthday! Belated but heartfelt greetings from self
and lyttel Bingo, Sid. From quickly reading on, I see that you had a
pleasantly mundane day with a couple of brilliant high spots. Here’s to a
year of many high spots. Three cheers for Sid ( or Sod, as I mistyped).

My excuse for not logging in yesterday is that I hope to sell up and move
to a city, where it will be easier to get about by public transport. In
order to accomplish this, I have first to dispose of the accretions of the
last decade plus some from earlier e.g. six or seven laptops that are
intended for a charity. Before that, of course, I have to examine the
contents of all the hard discs and decide which one to keep for its CD
drive. Can you imagine how long that takes? Many hours yet to go.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Chris McMillan
2019-05-27 19:43:45 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 May: Siderius Nuncius.
Oh no! I missed Sid’s birthday! Belated but heartfelt greetings from self
and lyttel Bingo, Sid. From quickly reading on, I see that you had a
pleasantly mundane day with a couple of brilliant high spots. Here’s to a
year of many high spots. Three cheers for Sid ( or Sod, as I mistyped).
My excuse for not logging in yesterday is that I hope to sell up and move
to a city, where it will be easier to get about by public transport. In
order to accomplish this, I have first to dispose of the accretions of the
last decade plus some from earlier e.g. six or seven laptops that are
intended for a charity. Before that, of course, I have to examine the
contents of all the hard discs and decide which one to keep for its CD
drive. Can you imagine how long that takes? Many hours yet to go.
That’ll keep young Bingo quiet for a bit then!

Good luck finding your dream city tower, SODAM.

2019-05-27 21:13:59 UTC
Post by SODAM
My excuse for not logging in yesterday is that I hope to sell up and move
to a city, where it will be easier to get about by public transport. In
order to accomplish this, I have first to dispose of the accretions of the
last decade plus some from earlier e.g. six or seven laptops that are
intended for a charity. Before that, of course, I have to examine the
contents of all the hard discs and decide which one to keep for its CD
drive. Can you imagine how long that takes? Many hours yet to go.
Not that you shouldn't go through it in time, but drive capacities have
come on such that you could probably copy the contents of the drives of
six or seven laptops to one modern drive, thus making it possible to
postpone the decisions. (Remember to scrub the non-system data from the
machines before giving them away [unless the charity claim they do this
and you trust them]; just deleting isn't sufficient. Scrubbing is easy
though - any drive from the last decade or two, just writing once will
suffice; after deleting, make lots of copies of an innocuous video or
other big file until the drive is full.)
Post by Chris McMillan
That’ll keep young Bingo quiet for a bit then!
Hmm: we haven't heard of Bingo for ages!
Post by Chris McMillan
Good luck finding your dream city tower, SODAM.
It will have to be Bingo-friendly, of course.
John

he was eventually struck off by the BMA in 1968 for not knowing his gluteus
maximus from his humerus.
Mike
2019-05-28 12:11:56 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Good luck finding your dream city tower, SODAM.
It will have to be Bingo-friendly, of course.
John
Yes, it will need to be a ‘housey-housey’ won’t it?
M.Kemp
2019-06-03 09:07:23 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Good luck finding your dream city tower, SODAM.
It will have to be Bingo-friendly, of course.
John
Sorry to reply to an old thread but this is my first opportunity since
emerging from a welter of cleaning up and clearing out. Bingo has exciting
news. She has a half bother! Sadly, her mother needed an emergency
caesarean and the other bother didn’t survive. And, since her mum was
spayed at the same time, there won’t be any more siblings.

Now, Bingo’s father was black and Uno’s father was white, so they look very
different. I will send Jpeg a picture to host
SODAM/n The thinking umrats first choice for editor
Vicky Ayech
2019-06-03 10:08:07 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Good luck finding your dream city tower, SODAM.
It will have to be Bingo-friendly, of course.
John
Sorry to reply to an old thread but this is my first opportunity since
emerging from a welter of cleaning up and clearing out. Bingo has exciting
news. She has a half bother! Sadly, her mother needed an emergency
caesarean and the other bother didn’t survive. And, since her mum was
spayed at the same time, there won’t be any more siblings.
Now, Bingo’s father was black and Uno’s father was white, so they look very
different. I will send Jpeg a picture to host
Congratulations on the new arrival. I hope the mother is making a
swift recovery and that the new arrival thrives.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-06-03 10:45:39 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Good luck finding your dream city tower, SODAM.
It will have to be Bingo-friendly, of course.
John
Sorry to reply to an old thread but this is my first opportunity since
emerging from a welter of cleaning up and clearing out. Bingo has exciting
news. She has a half bother! Sadly, her mother needed an emergency
caesarean and the other bother didn’t survive. And, since her mum was
spayed at the same time, there won’t be any more siblings.
Now, Bingo’s father was black and Uno’s father was white, so they look very
different. I will send Jpeg a picture to host
Congratulations on the new arrival. I hope the mother is making a
swift recovery and that the new arrival thrives.
Has Uno joined your (and Bingo's) household?

jpeg
--

Three- (or four-) way referendum, if we _have_ to have another one.

(Where has the "treat northern Ireland differently" option gone?)

"My dear doctor, they're all true." "Including the lies?"
"_Especially_ the lies." - Deep Space Nine
SODAM
2019-06-03 20:32:24 UTC
J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG-***@255soft.uk> wrote:
.
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by M.Kemp
Now, Bingo’s father was black and Uno’s father was white, so they look very
different. I will send Jpeg a picture to host
[snip]
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Has Uno joined your (and Bingo's) household?
No, he’s only four weeks old and he belongs to #2 Granddaughter, who is
going to keep him as well as his mum.
Chris McMillan
2019-06-04 07:49:53 UTC
Post by SODAM
.
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Has Uno joined your (and Bingo's) household?
No, he’s only four weeks old and he belongs to #2 Granddaughter, who is
going to keep him as well as his mum.
Hope mum and half siblings get plenty of time together!