In the thread "Oh dear"....
Peter Withey
2020-05-12 09:21:27 UTC
Mike asked,
Does Peter have the words to describe how he felt?;-)))
To which John replied.
Of course! I can't remember what they were though, other than that he
felt rotten at the worst of it.
This may be of interest. It's the story of an American friend of mine,
Jared Berry, a music teacher in New York and his brush with covid-19

http://jaredberry.com/post/mycovid19story/?fbclid=IwAR34n1VSDVeZo2IfCLxEJeTxP3tndykE_NGBR7dzsGx7vr1mQZjWlZZOxD4

or https://tinyurl.com/ybbx8vr8
Pete
Penny
2020-05-12 10:37:59 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 10:21:27 +0100, Peter Withey <***@never.here> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Peter Withey
This may be of interest. It's the story of an American friend of mine,
Jared Berry, a music teacher in New York and his brush with covid-19
http://jaredberry.com/post/mycovid19story/?fbclid=IwAR34n1VSDVeZo2IfCLxEJeTxP3tndykE_NGBR7dzsGx7vr1mQZjWlZZOxD4
or https://tinyurl.com/ybbx8vr8
Thanks, that was interesting.
The scariest part for me was the description of the way the group of sick
people in the ER were 'managed'. If he wasn't ill on his first visit he
certainly would have been after the second. Unhealthy places, hospitals.
2020-05-12 12:15:30 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
Mike asked,
Does Peter have the words to describe how he felt?;-)))
To which John replied.
Of course! I can't remember what they were though, other than that he
felt rotten at the worst of it.
This may be of interest. It's the story of an American friend of mine,
Jared Berry, a music teacher in New York and his brush with covid-19
http://jaredberry.com/post/mycovid19story/?fbclid=IwAR34n1VSDVeZo2IfCLxE
JeTxP3tndykE_NGBR7dzsGx7vr1mQZjWlZZOxD4
or https://tinyurl.com/ybbx8vr8
Thanks, it _was_ interesting. (Peter wasn't in hospital, just at home;
nothing like Jared.) Interesting the differences - and similarities -
between American hospitals and ours.

A biochemist walks into a student bar and says to the barman: "I'd like a pint
of adenosine triphosphate, please." "Certainly," says the barman, "that'll be
ATP." (Quoted in) The Independent, 2013-7-13