Apropos nothing whatsoever
2019-07-09 08:46:59 UTC
I have just come across a motet by Heinrich Schütz entitled Turbabor,
sed non perturbabor. I wondered whether this was how Iacomus Vinculum
might order his Martini.

I'll get me Walther PPK.
2019-07-09 09:22:19 UTC
I have just come across a motet by Heinrich Schütz entitled Turbabor,
sed non perturbabor.  I wondered whether this was how Iacomus Vinculum
might order his Martini.
I'll get me Walther PPK.
Made oi larf.

Then made me wonder if that ought to have been Martinus or whether he
was wont to order more than one at a time.

And then wonder whether the two weeks of General Studies Latin I did in
the sixth form had done me any good at all.

2019-07-09 10:52:35 UTC
I have just come across a motet by Heinrich Schütz entitled Turbabor,
sed non perturbabor.  I wondered whether this was how Iacomus Vinculum
might order his Martini.
:) but ITYM Vinculum, Iacomus Vinculum

Orbis non sufficit
Mike
2019-07-09 12:04:32 UTC
I have just come across a motet by Heinrich Schütz entitled Turbabor,
sed non perturbabor.  I wondered whether this was how Iacomus Vinculum
might order his Martini.
:) but ITYM Vinculum, Iacomus Vinculum
Orbis non sufficit
Does that leave you shaken but not stirred?
2019-07-09 17:25:34 UTC
I have just come across a motet by Heinrich Schütz entitled Turbabor,
sed non perturbabor.  I wondered whether this was how Iacomus Vinculum
might order his Martini.
:) but ITYM Vinculum, Iacomus Vinculum
Orbis non sufficit
Bonum mane, Ms. Pecuniadenarius.
2019-07-09 17:55:22 UTC
I have just come across a motet by Heinrich Schütz entitled Turbabor,
sed non perturbabor.  I wondered whether this was how Iacomus Vinculum
might order his Martini.
:) but ITYM Vinculum, Iacomus Vinculum
Orbis non sufficit
Bonum mane, Ms. Pecuniadenarius.
I hadn’t noticed that Penny had added to this thread!
Pudendum abundam.
Sid Nuncius
2019-07-10 05:14:53 UTC
I have just come across a motet by Heinrich Schütz entitled
Turbabor, sed non perturbabor.  I wondered whether this was how
Iacomus Vinculum might order his Martini.
:) but ITYM Vinculum, Iacomus Vinculum
Orbis non sufficit
Bonum mane, Ms. Pecuniadenarius.
Pudendum abundam.
:o))

(Et aurum digito.)
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-07-10 06:58:58 UTC
In the breakfast room of my hotel in Trier there are Latin slogans which might well be from Google Translate's efforts.
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-07-13 06:09:00 UTC
"Ms Pecuniadenarius"?
Surely we can translate "Ms"?