Ask EU: Adjustable workbench
2019-06-04 13:41:08 UTC
On the grounds that the Umra collective knows EVERYTHING, I thought it
worth asking (1) if anyone knows where I can get something like this in
the UK:

<https://www.amazon.com/UltraHD-Adjustable-Height-Heavy-Duty-Workbench/dp/B071VFXPFB/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9VSA7HEAYBJC9XGW5PH4>

or

https://tinyurl.com/y6bvfjl2

if you prefer.

Adjustable height and depth of top no bigger than 1.75 inches are
crucial, width of top could be less (down to about 10").

(1) Which makes this a question but I didn't really know where to put a
question mark.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-06-04 14:12:50 UTC
On the grounds that the Umra collective knows EVERYTHING, I thought it
worth asking (1) if anyone knows where I can get something like this in
[]
I haven't looked at your example and/or parameters, so what follows may
not be relevant:

Lidl often - FSVO often - do a workbench; at least once a year. IME,
their non-food offerings are well priced, well made, and usually carry a
three-year guarantee (especially if electrical, but I think others too).
[I've mentioned before, I'm sure, my views on guarantees - that the
claim that it's only g'teed for one year would infringe the Sale of
Goods Act - but it's nice to have a 3-year one on paper. Plus, I
believe, Lidl're quite good at handling claims.] I'm less familiar with
Aldi, but I suspect they are similar.

So, _if_ you can wait for it to come round (there might be one currently
- not needing one, I haven't registered), and obviously _if_ it meets
your requirements, that might be a solution.

(I'm sure you can do better on price on ebay - but I think not that much
better. And you can always _see_ the Lidl offering.)

jpeg
--

Three- (or four-) way referendum, if we _have_ to have another one.

(Where has the "treat northern Ireland differently" option gone?)

resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die -
attributed to Carrie Fisher by Gareth McLean, in Radio Times 28 January-3
February 2012
Penny
2019-06-04 17:30:13 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 15:12:50 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I haven't looked at your example and/or parameters, so what follows may
Lidl often - FSVO often - do a workbench; at least once a year. IME,
Had you followed Jenny's link you'd have seen this is not the sort of
workbench Lidl sell - which are more of the poor-man's Workmate style with
sides which will act as clamps.

Jenny's example is more like a robust adjustable table 4'x2' with a square
section tubular steel vertical leg on each corner which will adjust in
height.

Sorry Jenny, I've never seen one like that.
2019-06-04 18:22:21 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I haven't looked at your example and/or parameters, so what follows may
Lidl often - FSVO often - do a workbench; at least once a year. IME,
Had you followed Jenny's link you'd have seen this is not the sort of
workbench Lidl sell - which are more of the poor-man's Workmate style with
sides which will act as clamps.
Jenny's example is more like a robust adjustable table 4'x2' with a square
section tubular steel vertical leg on each corner which will adjust in
height.
Sorry Jenny, I've never seen one like that.
The nearest I've come up with is a draughtsman^H^H^Hperson's table.

2019-06-05 07:33:49 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I haven't looked at your example and/or parameters, so what follows may
Lidl often - FSVO often - do a workbench; at least once a year. IME,
Had you followed Jenny's link you'd have seen this is not the sort of
workbench Lidl sell - which are more of the poor-man's Workmate style with
sides which will act as clamps.
Jenny's example is more like a robust adjustable table 4'x2' with a square
section tubular steel vertical leg on each corner which will adjust in
height.
Sorry Jenny, I've never seen one like that.
The nearest I've come up with is a draughtsman^H^H^Hperson's table.
john
Could you draw a diagram of it please?
2019-06-04 18:51:45 UTC
On the grounds that the Umra collective knows EVERYTHING, I thought it
worth asking (1) if anyone knows where I can get something like this in
<https://www.amazon.com/UltraHD-Adjustable-Height-Heavy-Duty-Workbench/dp/B071VFXPFB/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9VSA7HEAYBJC9XGW5PH4>
or
https://tinyurl.com/y6bvfjl2
if you prefer.
Adjustable height and depth of top no bigger than 1.75 inches are
crucial, width of top could be less (down to about 10").
(1) Which makes this a question but I didn't really know where to put a
question mark.
Sorry, can't help. Could you make one ? Or do you need the workbench
for that :/
Jenny M Benson
2019-06-04 23:12:51 UTC
Sorry, can't help. Could you make one ?  Or do you need the workbench
for that  :/
Don't think I'm woman enough for such a job, but I have wondered if my
bro might make me one such as it would definitely be within his
capabilities...but he's very busy trying to sell his house at the moment.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Mike
2019-06-05 07:36:09 UTC
Sorry, can't help. Could you make one ?  Or do you need the workbench
for that  :/
Don't think I'm woman enough for such a job, but I have wondered if my
bro might make me one such as it would definitely be within his
capabilities...but he's very busy trying to sell his house at the moment.
Viking orifice equipment used to do a few adjustable models years back,
dunno if they are still around?
2019-06-04 20:34:58 UTC
On the grounds that the Umra collective knows EVERYTHING, I thought it
worth asking (1) if anyone knows where I can get something like this in
<https://www.amazon.com/UltraHD-Adjustable-Height-Heavy-Duty-Workbench/dp/B071VFXPFB/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9VSA7HEAYBJC9XGW5PH4>
or
https://tinyurl.com/y6bvfjl2
if you prefer.
Adjustable height and depth of top no bigger than 1.75 inches are
crucial, width of top could be less (down to about 10").
(1) Which makes this a question but I didn't really know where to put a
question mark.
Is there anything at

https://www.manutan.co.uk/en/key/height-adjustable-workbenches#productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:7&

https://tinyurl.com/yy6urspk

I know nothing about Manutan, since I've never heard of them before.
They looked somewhat expensive to me, but YMMV.
2019-06-04 23:25:10 UTC
Is there anything at
https://www.manutan.co.uk/en/key/height-adjustable-workbenches#productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:7&
https://tinyurl.com/yy6urspk
I know nothing about Manutan, since I've never heard of them before.
They looked somewhat expensive to me, but YMMV.
Certainly have a couple which come closer than anything I've found so
far, but I'm not sure there's one which fits all requirements. I'll
look again when it's not past my bedtime. Prices are steep, too:-(
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Peter Withey
2019-06-05 08:49:36 UTC
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 00:25:10 +0100, Jenny M Benson
Is there anything at
https://www.manutan.co.uk/en/key/height-adjustable-workbenches#productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:7&
https://tinyurl.com/yy6urspk
I know nothing about Manutan, since I've never heard of them before.
They looked somewhat expensive to me, but YMMV.
Certainly have a couple which come closer than anything I've found so
far, but I'm not sure there's one which fits all requirements. I'll
look again when it's not past my bedtime. Prices are steep, too:-(
Anything here that might be of interest?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/metal-work-bench
Pete
Jenny M Benson
2019-06-05 13:22:32 UTC
Post by Peter Withey
Anything here that might be of interest?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/metal-work-bench
Frayed knot.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/