Gloves yes maybe, but cap pushing it (-22)
2021-06-22 20:48:21 UTC
(I suppose spoiler, but not really if you didn't hear the episode)

I thought the gloves were plausible, just, but the cap seemed to be
pushing the bounds of credibility a bit too far, especially as neither
of them remembered _anybody_ using it before.

Abandon hope, all ye who <ENTER> here.
Vicky Ayech
2021-06-22 21:38:52 UTC
On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 21:48:21 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
(I suppose spoiler, but not really if you didn't hear the episode)
I thought the gloves were plausible, just, but the cap seemed to be
pushing the bounds of credibility a bit too far, especially as neither
of them remembered _anybody_ using it before.
I thought they were going to continue with Eddie going to sell the car
and then have him crash it so he can't. So far they avoided heaping
misery on the Grundies. I prefer to spend time with Eddie, Clarrie, Ed
and Emma (when she is not ranting about Alice) than with the
Aldridges. I hope they are not going to store up trouble for Eddie
because of the contributions for petrol. It was a nice idea, but
surely rather expensive for petrol, as Clarrie said. She is back to
being sensible now, which I prefer.
Mike McMillan
2021-06-23 07:27:46 UTC
(I suppose spoiler, but not really if you didn't hear the episode)
I thought the gloves were plausible, just, but the cap seemed to be
pushing the bounds of credibility a bit too far, especially as neither
of them remembered _anybody_ using it before.
At that point, I declaimed ‘Heskey” (RIP), he was of course the epitome of
the chauffeur for the UMRATS attending a BBQ when arriving at Reading
Station.
Toddle Pip, Mike McMillan
Penny
2021-06-23 09:02:42 UTC
On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 07:27:46 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
(I suppose spoiler, but not really if you didn't hear the episode)
I thought the gloves were plausible, just, but the cap seemed to be
pushing the bounds of credibility a bit too far, especially as neither
of them remembered _anybody_ using it before.
At that point, I declaimed ‘Heskey” (RIP), he was of course the epitome of
the chauffeur for the UMRATS attending a BBQ when arriving at Reading
Station.
My thoughts went the same way :)
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcmillanumra/2428533888/in/album-72157604641385475/>
Maybe Joe rescued it when Jack Wooley's chauffeur chucked it out.
2021-06-23 09:05:12 UTC
Post by Penny
Maybe Joe rescued it when Jack Wooley's chauffeur chucked it out.
I assumed Joe had nicked it from Higgs. Or maybe won it off him in a game
of cribbage.

Sincerely Chris
Hellerat
2021-06-24 07:32:17 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
(I suppose spoiler, but not really if you didn't hear the episode)
I thought the gloves were plausible, just, but the cap seemed to be
pushing the bounds of credibility a bit too far, especially as neither
of them remembered _anybody_ using it before.
At that point, I declaimed ‘Heskey” (RIP), he was of course the epitome of
the chauffeur for the UMRATS attending a BBQ when arriving at Reading
Station.
My thoughts went the same way :)
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcmillanumra/2428533888/in/album-72157604641385475/>
Maybe Joe rescued it when Jack Wooley's chauffeur chucked it out.
Thanks, Penny, that's a great photo, I'd never seen it before!

Also, could I use this place to wish you a good recovery from your illness. I didn't
understand if it was COVID-19 or something else, but I hope you feel better soon (and am
very envious of your daughter hugs!).
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat
Penny
2021-06-24 10:37:39 UTC
On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 10:32:17 +0300, Hellerat <***@mail.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Hellerat
Post by Penny
My thoughts went the same way :)
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcmillanumra/2428533888/in/album-72157604641385475/>
Maybe Joe rescued it when Jack Wooley's chauffeur chucked it out.
Thanks, Penny, that's a great photo, I'd never seen it before!
Look through that and other albums - I think Chris has put all her BBQ pics
on Flickr.
Post by Hellerat
Also, could I use this place to wish you a good recovery from your illness. I didn't
understand if it was COVID-19 or something else, but I hope you feel better soon (and am
very envious of your daughter hugs!).
The assumption was a chest infection or pneumonia - X ray results will be a
week or two, I'm told. As I didn't have a fever or the usual signs, just
extreme difficulty in breathing and somewhat demented brain, I'm not sure
but the antibiotics seem to have done their stuff.

A couple of days with D#1 on her own was a definite bonus with healing
properties of its own.
Min
2021-06-25 01:59:48 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Hellerat
Also, could I use this place to wish you a good recovery from your illness. I didn't
understand if it was COVID-19 or something else, but I hope you feel better soon (and am
very envious of your daughter hugs!).
The assumption was a chest infection or pneumonia - X ray results will be a
week or two, I'm told. As I didn't have a fever or the usual signs, just
extreme difficulty in breathing and somewhat demented brain, I'm not sure
but the antibiotics seem to have done their stuff.
A couple of days with D#1 on her own was a definite bonus with healing
properties of its own.
Do get well soon, Penny! Hope whatever it is, it clears up!
Min
Chris
2021-06-25 10:13:31 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Hellerat
Also, could I use this place to wish you a good recovery from your illness. I didn't
understand if it was COVID-19 or something else, but I hope you feel better soon (and am
very envious of your daughter hugs!).
The assumption was a chest infection or pneumonia - X ray results will be a
week or two, I'm told. As I didn't have a fever or the usual signs, just
extreme difficulty in breathing and somewhat demented brain, I'm not sure
but the antibiotics seem to have done their stuff.
A couple of days with D#1 on her own was a definite bonus with healing
properties of its own.
They’re there but I’m not selling my soul to Flickr’s owner and I go round
in circles trying to get in these days. The esrly ones weren’t digital but
scanned in McT.