UMRA birthday info for 20 March 2020
Add Reply
Birthday Monitor
2020-03-20 07:16:01 UTC
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
2020-03-20 09:55:09 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
Happy birthday Jim! I hope you manage to have a splendid day and may
the birthday gods bring you loo rolls!

My doctor told me to keep in shape. Well, this is my shape and I'm
keeping it (anon)
Vicky Ayech
2020-03-20 11:50:18 UTC
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 07:16:01 +0000 (UTC), Birthday Monitor
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
Many happy returns, jim. I don't think we can have a party in the Bull
for you tonight :).
Penny
2020-03-20 13:04:49 UTC
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 11:50:18 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
Many happy returns, jim. I don't think we can have a party in the Bull
for you tonight :).
Of course we can, drinking lots of virtual Shires or Scruff - no hangover
guaranteed!
2020-03-20 13:30:28 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
Many happy returns, jim. I don't think we can have a party in the Bull
for you tonight :).
Of course we can, drinking lots of virtual Shires or Scruff - no hangover
guaranteed!
And I am sure Joe G will be there in spirit too.
2020-03-20 13:58:36 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
Many happy returns, jim. I don't think we can have a party in the Bull
for you tonight :).
Of course we can, drinking lots of virtual Shires or Scruff - no
hangover guaranteed!
And I am sure Joe G will be there in spirit too.
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency dentist
appointment this morning. Proper celebration will have to wait a week.
2020-03-20 15:38:04 UTC
On 20 Mar 2020 13:58:36 GMT, Jim Easterbrook <***@jim-easterbrook.me.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
Many happy returns, jim. I don't think we can have a party in the Bull
for you tonight :).
Of course we can, drinking lots of virtual Shires or Scruff - no
hangover guaranteed!
And I am sure Joe G will be there in spirit too.
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency dentist
appointment this morning.
Oh dear - not a welcome surprise present :((
2020-03-20 18:01:23 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency dentist
appointment this morning. Proper celebration will have to wait a week.
I hope they presented your antibiotics in a specially wrapped box with a
ribbon?

Hope they do the trick, and a sincere happy birthday, MOPMOB.
2020-03-20 19:30:14 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency
dentist appointment this morning. Proper celebration will have to wait
a week.
I hope they presented your antibiotics in a specially wrapped box with a
ribbon?
Hope they do the trick, and a sincere happy birthday, MOPMOB.
Well it seems I'm allergic to them (as well as penicillin). Vomiting and
diarrhoea. Doubt I'll be able to see anyone till Monday now.
2020-03-20 21:06:21 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency
dentist appointment this morning. Proper celebration will have to wait
a week.
I hope they presented your antibiotics in a specially wrapped box with a
ribbon?
Hope they do the trick, and a sincere happy birthday, MOPMOB.
Well it seems I'm allergic to them (as well as penicillin). Vomiting and
diarrhoea. Doubt I'll be able to see anyone till Monday now.
Blimey, that deep ?

Seriously, what a shitty end to your birthday.

No, REALLY seriously, hope the toothache and allied ailments clear up soon.
SODAM
2020-03-20 23:23:44 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency
dentist appointment this morning. Proper celebration will have to wait
a week.
I hope they presented your antibiotics in a specially wrapped box with a
ribbon?
Hope they do the trick, and a sincere happy birthday, MOPMOB.
Well it seems I'm allergic to them (as well as penicillin). Vomiting and
diarrhoea. Doubt I'll be able to see anyone till Monday now.
Blimey, that deep ?
Seriously, what a shitty end to your birthday.
No, REALLY seriously, hope the toothache and allied ailments clear up soon.
I’ll just squeeze in under the ropes to wish you many happier returns of
your future birthdays, Jim, and improved health. Hope the tooth settles
down soon.
Have some of this virtual oil of cloves.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Sid Nuncius
2020-03-21 06:27:01 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency
dentist appointment this morning. Proper celebration will have to wait
a week.
I hope they presented your antibiotics in a specially wrapped box with a
ribbon?
Hope they do the trick, and a sincere happy birthday, MOPMOB.
Well it seems I'm allergic to them (as well as penicillin). Vomiting and
diarrhoea. Doubt I'll be able to see anyone till Monday now.
Blimey, that deep ?
Seriously, what a shitty end to your birthday.
No, REALLY seriously, hope the toothache and allied ailments clear up soon.
<languid wave>
That's rotten luck, Jim. Hope things get sorted pronto.
2020-03-21 09:39:11 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol
free virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an
emergency dentist appointment this morning. Proper celebration will
have to wait a week.
I hope they presented your antibiotics in a specially wrapped box
with a ribbon?
Hope they do the trick, and a sincere happy birthday, MOPMOB.
Well it seems I'm allergic to them (as well as penicillin). Vomiting
and diarrhoea. Doubt I'll be able to see anyone till Monday now.
Blimey, that deep ?
Seriously, what a shitty end to your birthday.
No, REALLY seriously, hope the toothache and allied ailments clear up soon.
<languid wave>
That's rotten luck, Jim. Hope things get sorted pronto.
GWS Jim!
Thanks everyone. Toothache seems to have subsided this morning, but I'm
still feeling out of sorts from the antibiotic. There are plenty of
people with worse problems though, so I should stop feeling so hard done
by.
2020-03-20 18:27:52 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
Many happy returns, jim. I don't think we can have a party in the Bull
for you tonight :).
Of course we can, drinking lots of virtual Shires or Scruff - no
hangover guaranteed!
And I am sure Joe G will be there in spirit too.
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency dentist
appointment this morning. Proper celebration will have to wait a week.
Oh dear. I hope htings settle down for the tooth. And you now have a
second birthday celebration to look forward to.
Mike
2020-03-20 18:36:06 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
Many happy returns, jim. I don't think we can have a party in the Bull
for you tonight :).
Of course we can, drinking lots of virtual Shires or Scruff - no
hangover guaranteed!
And I am sure Joe G will be there in spirit too.
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency dentist
appointment this morning. Proper celebration will have to wait a week.
Oh dear. I hope htings settle down for the tooth. And you now have a
second birthday celebration to look forward to.
Plenty of Gummy Bears?
2020-03-20 23:28:55 UTC
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 13:58:36, Jim Easterbrook
<***@jim-easterbrook.me.uk> wrote:
[]
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It'll have to be alcohol free
virtual beer for me as I'm on antibiotics following an emergency dentist
appointment this morning. Proper celebration will have to wait a week.
Belated similar - and hope things settle down (I've read the later
posts).

How was the emergency dentist appointment? I thought I had a slight
twinge this morning; fortunately I think (hope!) it's gone away, but I
did thus have cause to wonder how dentistry is going in the current
circumstances - not only the General Disruption Of Everything, but that
dentistry would seem to be _very_ prone to virus transmission.

I don't have an agree that our language torture is a quality add
- soldiersailor on Gransnet, 2018-3-8
Penny
2020-03-21 00:13:39 UTC
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 23:28:55 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
How was the emergency dentist appointment? I thought I had a slight
twinge this morning; fortunately I think (hope!) it's gone away, but I
did thus have cause to wonder how dentistry is going in the current
circumstances - not only the General Disruption Of Everything, but that
dentistry would seem to be _very_ prone to virus transmission.
Dentist on the radio earlier said he didn't think they should be working at
all. They've been told to refrain from any procedure which would have an
aerosol effect and reckoned that was 99% of what they do.
2020-03-21 06:19:31 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
How was the emergency dentist appointment? I thought I had a slight
twinge this morning; fortunately I think (hope!) it's gone away, but I
did thus have cause to wonder how dentistry is going in the current
circumstances - not only the General Disruption Of Everything, but that
dentistry would seem to be _very_ prone to virus transmission.
Dentist on the radio earlier said he didn't think they should be working at
all. They've been told to refrain from any procedure which would have an
aerosol effect and reckoned that was 99% of what they do.
I hate the dentist, and at last I have a valid excuse to postpone
appointments.
2020-03-20 16:58:22 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 20 March: Jim Easterbrook.
Many happy hippoes, Jim!