mum
2020-05-02 13:09:06 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.

2020-05-02 13:29:46 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sincerely Chris
{{{{hugs}}}}
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-05-02 16:39:52 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sincerely Chris
{{{{hugs}}}}
And from me.

Don't feel any guilt if you feel some relief. [I think you've said her
quality of life wasn't great.]

There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by
ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. -Mark Twain, author and humorist
(1835-1910)
Rosemary Miskin
2020-05-02 17:25:46 UTC
{{{hugs}}}}

+1

Rosemary
steve hague
2020-05-02 13:41:14 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sincerely Chris
Commiserations Chris. It sounds like she departed the best way possible
though.
2020-05-02 16:41:34 UTC
Post by steve hague
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sincerely Chris
Commiserations Chris. It sounds like she departed the best way possible
though.
Steve
Yes, she was resisting everything right to the end. Somehow though people
could see it only the dementia and the carers she had at home and in care
are genuinely sad. The home carers want to come to the memorial, they
don’t think they’d have half an hour to watch over the net.

So far I’ve met my old nemesis the council web site who believes only
residents use it so I haven’t registered the death yet. One phone call two
problems solved (I hope). Then there’s the coffin accepted on a plan in
2001 not recognised today, the offers are stuck inside the funeral home’s
dead computer system. Not forgetting the small problem changing the family
grave rights from dad, no idea why not my mum, to me. Can’t be done till
post COVID.

And as for the funeral! Can and will be streamed live at a small cost.
Most of my chosen as likely to attend are too far away, too old or working
with no choice of time off. At least I get my vicar of choice and I
already have the service sheet. Oh, and I can have an organist, no canned
organ and voices, *thank you*.

Let’s see what Monday brings!

2020-05-04 09:08:44 UTC
Post by steve hague
Post by Chris McMillan
[...]
A difficult time and our thoughts are with you. I hope that the
arrangements are not too complex - although if the plans go back to 2001
there are bound to be added complications. Best wishes.
2020-05-02 13:54:16 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sorry to hear that, Chris. It's always tough when you lose a parent.
2020-05-02 14:16:08 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sorry to hear that, Chris. It's always tough when you lose a parent.
Commiserations. Remember to remember the good times.

john
Rosalind Mitchell
Sorry to hear this, Chris xx
Sid Nuncius
2020-05-02 15:26:57 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
I am glad at least that her going was peaceful. I will be thinking of
you and send you my love.
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-05-02 16:14:00 UTC
Sorry to hear that.
Chris McMillan
2020-05-02 17:21:01 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Sorry to hear that.
I would have loved to have discussed this with her. She was a nurse to her
inner bones. She read “Nursing Times” till she was about 88.

2020-05-02 16:55:38 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sincerely Chris
Oh dear Chris, my deepest sympathies. From what you said it sounded as
if she had decided for herself it was time to go. I hope the
bureaucratic stuff is solvable - you seem to have a lot of difficult
hurdles to surmount - and that you can say goodbye with as much support
as possible. How wonderful that you can have the vicar you want - and
the music! Thinking of you xxx
Thanks.
Vicky Ayech
2020-05-02 17:09:09 UTC
On Sat, 02 May 2020 13:09:06 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sincerely Chris
Best wishes to you and your family, Chris. It is always a big thing
to lose a mother. You have had a lot of worry over the last year or
two and it is good that it happened in her sleep.xx
Mike
2020-05-02 17:56:33 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sincerely Chris
Best wishes to you and your family, Chris. It is always a big thing
to lose a mother. You have had a lot of worry over the last year or
two and it is good that it happened in her sleep.xx
ITIRIST Woody Allan said:
(Something along the lines of)
‘Death doesn’t frighten me, I just don’t want to be around when it
happens.’
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-05-02 22:53:01 UTC
Mike, I once saw something like that illustrating the two infinitives (perfective and imperfective) in Russian. The act of dying versus the process of dying.
Joe Kerr
Ric
Anne B
2020-05-02 20:09:12 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sincerely Chris
Condolences.

Remember the good times; that's how she'll live on for you.

Anne B
Paul Herber
2020-05-02 20:09:57 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sincerely Chris
<hugs>
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Nick Odell
2020-05-02 23:31:54 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Very sorry, Chris.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and all family and friends.

Love,

N+L
Sam Plusnet
2020-05-02 23:12:56 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Very sorry, Chris.
Thoughts and prayers are with you and all family and friends.
Love,
And from me.
Whilst battling the bureaucracy don't forget to find time to listen to
yourself and attend to your own feeling.
Min
2020-05-03 01:15:01 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Very sorry, Chris.
Thoughts and prayers are with you and all family and friends.
Love,
And from me.
Whilst battling the bureaucracy don't forget to find time to listen to
yourself and attend to your own feeling.
Been there, done that. Much sympathy, Chris. Sam's advice is excellent.
Min
Chris McMillan
2020-05-09 20:32:31 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Very sorry, Chris.
Thoughts and prayers are with you and all family and friends.
Love,
And from me.
Whilst battling the bureaucracy don't forget to find time to listen to
yourself and attend to your own feeling.
Been there, done that. Much sympathy, Chris. Sam's advice is excellent.
Well I’m reading umra!

2020-05-02 21:14:36 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sorry to hear that, Chris {{{hugs}}}
2020-05-08 13:42:12 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
Sorry to hear that, Chris {{{hugs}}}
You know what it’s like to have a stepmum when you’re an adult! LOL

Sincerely Chris
Dumrat
2020-05-02 21:57:25 UTC
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
May she rest in peace, Chris. Glad it was quietly in her sleep and that the current virus
won't be on her death certificate.

Though I've had the feeling for a while that you've been waiting for her other shoe to
drop, as it were. I hope the funeral and associated bureaucracy can be dealt with as
easily as possible in these strange times.

{{{{Hugs}}}}
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
Chris McMillan
2020-05-08 13:42:13 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by Chris McMillan
Mum passed away early yesterday quietly in her sleep. Now for the
interesting (FSVO) experiences of planning a funeral that was already
planned for Covid times.
May she rest in peace, Chris. Glad it was quietly in her sleep and that the current virus
won't be on her death certificate.
Though I've had the feeling for a while that you've been waiting for her other shoe to
drop, as it were. I hope the funeral and associated bureaucracy can be dealt with as
easily as possible in these strange times.
{{{{Hugs}}}}
Surprisingly easy, Anne, via phone and email, saved racing about the town
by bus. Just got the funeral details and the associated details to be
emailed to everyone now plus phone those not on the net, and it’s done for
the mo. Plenty of phone calls yet.

2020-05-08 18:06:20 UTC
On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 13:42:13, Chris McMillan
<***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
Surprisingly easy, Anne, via phone and email, saved racing about the town
by bus. Just got the funeral details and the associated details to be
emailed to everyone now plus phone those not on the net, and it’s done for
the mo. Plenty of phone calls yet.
Sincerely Chris
When our Mum died, we found we had to do a lot more handwriting (to tell
people) than we were used to. But that was a while back - things would
probably be different now.

A true-born Englishman does not know any language. He does not speak English
too well either but, at least, he is not proud of this. He is, however,
immensely proud of not knowing any foreign languages. (George Mikes, "How to
be Inimitable" [1960].)
Chris McMillan
2020-05-12 11:27:33 UTC
On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 13:42:13, Chris McMillan
Surprisingly easy, Anne, via phone and email, saved racing about the town
by bus. Just got the funeral details and the associated details to be
emailed to everyone now plus phone those not on the net, and it’s done for
the mo. Plenty of phone calls yet.
Sincerely Chris
When our Mum died, we found we had to do a lot more handwriting (to tell
people) than we were used to. But that was a while back - things would
probably be different now.
My excuse is I don’t have any stamps, and they’re not essentials so not
asking anyone to buy them.

Sincerely Chris
Joe Kerr
2020-05-12 11:42:30 UTC
When our Mum died, we found we had to do a lot more handwriting (to tell
people) than we were used to. But that was a while back - things would
probably be different now.
My excuse is I don’t have any stamps, and they’re not essentials so not
asking anyone to buy them.
Sincerely Chris
You can buy stamps online from Royal Mail. I'm not sure how much the
delivery charge is.
Ric
Serena Blanchflower
2020-05-12 11:52:25 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
When our Mum died, we found we had to do a lot more handwriting (to tell
people) than we were used to. But that was a while back - things would
probably be different now.
My excuse is I don’t have any stamps, and they’re not essentials so not
asking anyone to buy them.
Sincerely Chris
You can buy stamps online from Royal Mail. I'm not sure how much the
delivery charge is.
Or, much more cheaply, from <https://www.philatelink.co.uk/>; again, I'm
not sure what the delivery charge, for smallish orders is.
--
Happy hibernating and stay well,
best wishes, Serena
(Humphrey Littleton)
Vicky Ayech
Just checked that, would have loved some, but they sold out!
Chris McMillan
2020-05-12 12:40:57 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
When our Mum died, we found we had to do a lot more handwriting (to tell
people) than we were used to. But that was a while back - things would
probably be different now.
My excuse is I don’t have any stamps, and they’re not essentials so not
asking anyone to buy them.
Sincerely Chris
You can buy stamps online from Royal Mail. I'm not sure how much the
delivery charge is.
So I’ve heard. Thanks.

2020-05-13 17:53:48 UTC
Joe wrote:

Buying online. £7.80 for 12 2nd Class. Delivery 3 - 5 days. If there’s
extra it’s hidden until I go to pay.

2020-05-12 12:14:30 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 11:27:33 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 13:42:13, Chris McMillan
Surprisingly easy, Anne, via phone and email, saved racing about the town
by bus. Just got the funeral details and the associated details to be
emailed to everyone now plus phone those not on the net, and it’s done for
the mo. Plenty of phone calls yet.
Sincerely Chris
When our Mum died, we found we had to do a lot more handwriting (to tell
people) than we were used to. But that was a while back - things would
probably be different now.
My excuse is I don’t have any stamps, and they’re not essentials so not
asking anyone to buy them.
Sincerely Chris
I get them delivered from Tescos but Royal Mail will too at no extra
charge.. I got the idea because Serena does a postcard thing and we
exchanged cards and then I got ones suitable for the grandchildren and
sent those and sent some stamped addressed ones to the five year old
so she can write them (sneaky teacher ploy to get her to write more)
and after about 5 weeks she finally did three :) me, other gran and
Capt Ex. Ok the one to me was written to him but I said to just copy
it on his one too and I htink she did.
OzTony
2020-05-09 08:38:32 UTC
Sincerest sympathies