UMRA birthday info for 8 July 2021
Add Reply
Birthday Monitor
2021-07-08 06:05:37 UTC
Birthday News for today, 8 July: Colin Blackburn, Kim Andrews and
Lilian Bellamy.
2021-07-08 16:55:38 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 8 July: Colin Blackburn, Kim Andrews and
Lilian Bellamy.
<raises tea mug>
Absent friends.
--
Sid
2021-07-08 17:43:17 UTC
Many happy returns, Kim and Colin.
Serena Blanchflower
2021-07-08 19:20:04 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 8 July: Colin Blackburn, Kim Andrews and
Lilian Bellamy.
Many happy returns, Kim and Colin.
I've passed that, and news of Sid's toast, on to Kim; I don't have
contact details for Colin (or Lilian) though.
I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns
it on, I go to the library and read a good book (Groucho Marx)
Penny
2021-07-08 20:05:18 UTC
On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 20:20:04 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 8 July: Colin Blackburn, Kim Andrews and
Lilian Bellamy.
Many happy returns, Kim and Colin.
I've passed that, and news of Sid's toast, on to Kim; I don't have
contact details for Colin (or Lilian) though.
I follow Colin on Instagram and will pass on greetings there. He does have
a facebook account too, I spotted his name recently posting on a thread by
my niece, which surprised me, but she tells me they met when he was working
in Dundee a while back.
Colin Blackburn
2021-07-10 07:07:32 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 8 July: Colin Blackburn, Kim Andrews and
Lilian Bellamy.
Many happy returns, Kim and Colin.
I've passed that, and news of Sid's toast, on to Kim; I don't have
contact details for Colin (or Lilian) though.
I follow Colin on Instagram and will pass on greetings there. He does have
a facebook account too, I spotted his name recently posting on a thread by
my niece, which surprised me, but she tells me they met when he was working
in Dundee a while back.
A belated thank you for the birthday wishes and to Penny for 'reaching out'!

Penny, I'm now left wondering if your niece is a Helen or an Emma, both good Archers' names.

Cheers,

Colin
Penny
2021-07-10 08:06:30 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 8 July: Colin Blackburn, Kim Andrews and
Lilian Bellamy.
Many happy returns, Kim and Colin.
I've passed that, and news of Sid's toast, on to Kim; I don't have
contact details for Colin (or Lilian) though.
I follow Colin on Instagram and will pass on greetings there. He does have
a facebook account too, I spotted his name recently posting on a thread by
my niece, which surprised me, but she tells me they met when he was working
in Dundee a while back.
A belated thank you for the birthday wishes and to Penny for 'reaching out'!
Doh, should have downloaded the new stuff before posting.
Post by Colin Blackburn
Penny, I'm now left wondering if your niece is a Helen or an Emma, both good Archers' names.
Emma, who I haven't actually seen for years.
Colin Blackburn
2021-07-10 09:14:06 UTC
Post by Colin Blackburn
Penny, I'm now left wondering if your niece is a Helen or an Emma, both good Archers' names.
Emma, who I haven't actually seen for years.
So the one with the giant mountain dog rather than the lurcher!

I met Emma out in the US when our group at Dundee used to go to one of the big conferences and the journal she worked for used our software. She then came to join us in Dundee for a year or so before going back to journal editing.

I've not seen her for quite a few years either.

Colin
Penny
2021-07-10 13:56:42 UTC
Post by Colin Blackburn
Penny, I'm now left wondering if your niece is a Helen or an Emma, both good Archers' names.
Emma, who I haven't actually seen for years.
So the one with the giant mountain dog rather than the lurcher!
It's a Newfoundland - I follow the drooling dog on Instagram ;)
Post by Colin Blackburn
I met Emma out in the US when our group at Dundee used to go to one of the big conferences and the journal she worked for used our software. She then came to join us in Dundee for a year or so before going back to journal editing.
I've not seen her for quite a few years either.
Still in Dundee (when she's not jetting off to conferences - though not
lately) with her husband and two wee girls who must have interesting
accents, though the youngest was tiny when they moved back from the US.
2021-07-10 15:59:49 UTC
Post by Colin Blackburn
Penny, I'm now left wondering if your niece is a Helen or an Emma, both
good Archers' names.
Emma, who I haven't actually seen for years.
So the one with the giant mountain dog rather than the lurcher!
I met Emma out in the US when our group at Dundee used to go to one of
the big conferences and the journal she worked for used our software. She
then came to join us in Dundee for a year or so before going back to journal editing.
I've not seen her for quite a few years either.
Colin
Oh welcome back, Colin! Here, have a virtual large bar of whatever takes
your fancy in the bunker.

Sincerely Mrs McT
Sid Nuncius
2021-07-10 17:09:31 UTC
Post by Colin Blackburn
Penny, I'm now left wondering if your niece is a Helen or an Emma, both good Archers' names.
Emma, who I haven't actually seen for years.
So the one with the giant mountain dog rather than the lurcher!
I met Emma out in the US when our group at Dundee used to go to one of the big conferences and the journal she worked for used our software. She then came to join us in Dundee for a year or so before going back to journal editing.
I've not seen her for quite a few years either.
Good to see you again, MOPMOB!
--
Sid
2021-07-10 08:02:22 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 8 July: Colin Blackburn, Kim Andrews and
Lilian Bellamy.
Colin says thank you for the birthday wishes, it was a significant
birthday!