UMRA birthday info for 26 September 2019
Add Reply
Birthday Monitor
2019-09-26 06:06:19 UTC
Birthday News for today, 26 September: Jamie Armstrong and Mike
McMillan.
2019-09-26 07:15:57 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 September: Jamie Armstrong and Mike
McMillan.
Happy birthday, Mike!

(I wonder whether Jamie and Sarah are still together?[1])

[1]A question mark here can't really be right because it's a statement,
but it doesn't look right without one because it has an interrogative
feel to it. What is the collective Umratic Grammatical Wisdom on this one?
2019-09-26 07:37:10 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 September: Jamie Armstrong and Mike
McMillan.
Happy birthday, Mike!
Thank you Sid from the Old Git in Earley (I’m 72 you know) shopping then a
coffee with Mrs. Toodles and our non-netted Spanish Umrat-by-proxy Vicenta,
(who makes an excellent tortilla as served at UMRA BBQ’s) in our favourite
Woodley cafe [free bus rides, natch].
2019-09-26 07:39:03 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 September: Jamie Armstrong and Mike
McMillan.
(I wonder whether Jamie and Sarah are still together?[1])
[1]A question mark here can't really be right because it's a statement,
but it doesn't look right without one because it has an interrogative
feel to it. What is the collective Umratic Grammatical Wisdom on this one?
I wonder if anyone knows? ;-)
2019-09-26 08:02:54 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 September: Jamie Armstrong and Mike
McMillan.
(I wonder whether Jamie and Sarah are still together?[1])
[1]A question mark here can't really be right because it's a statement,
but it doesn't look right without one because it has an interrogative
feel to it. What is the collective Umratic Grammatical Wisdom on this one?
I wonder if anyone knows? ;-)
I feel happier without one, when it is a statement of wondering (i. e.
starting with "I wonder"). However, it does _feel_ like a question, and
people speaking an "I wonder" usually raise at end as if it was.

"The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey
Vicky Ayech
2019-09-26 08:06:26 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 September: Jamie Armstrong and Mike
McMillan.
(I wonder whether Jamie and Sarah are still together?[1])
[1]A question mark here can't really be right because it's a statement,
but it doesn't look right without one because it has an interrogative
feel to it. What is the collective Umratic Grammatical Wisdom on this one?
I wonder if anyone knows? ;-)
I think, Sid, you are on the cusp there. You can go with your feelings
and have the question mark, and we could say the phrase 'I wonder' is
a little more elegant way of saying 'are'.
Vicky Ayech
2019-09-26 08:02:49 UTC
Many happy and chocolatey returns, Mike.
Serena Blanchflower
2019-09-26 08:03:31 UTC
Happy birthday Mike! I hope you have a splendid day :)
Sometimes, said Pooh, the smallest things take up the most room in your
heart. (A.A. Milne)
Jenny M Benson
2019-09-26 09:09:25 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 September: Jamie Armstrong and Mike
McMillan.
Hope it's a splendid one and very many happy returns, Mr McT!
2019-09-26 10:36:41 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 September: Jamie Armstrong and Mike
McMillan.
Happy hippoes, McToodles.
2019-09-26 17:42:21 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 September: Jamie Armstrong and Mike
McMillan.
Happy hippoes, McToodles.
Well, a good day was had thank you, no horsepiddal appointments today, and
Iceland emailed me a vulture valued at £1.00 for ice creams as an
inducement to spend more money - which we did as we had another vulture
value £5.00 if we spent £20.00 which we did and they delivered our
ill-gotten gains this afternoon.
Min
2019-09-27 01:15:34 UTC
Belated Happies from me and the Hounds!