Bliss.
Add Reply
Steve Hague
2020-09-12 11:44:28 UTC
I've just been watching a Spitfire circling over our local hospital.
2020-09-12 13:34:05 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
I've just been watching a Spitfire circling over our local hospital.
Steve
As a prelude to...?
Steve Hague
2020-09-12 16:31:00 UTC
Landing at Newquay airport, apparently.
Mike
2020-09-12 17:00:24 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
I've just been watching a Spitfire circling over our local hospital.
Steve
As a prelude to...?
Landing at Newquay airport, apparently.
Perhaps a sign of Things to Come.;-)
Peter
2020-09-12 17:01:50 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
I've just been watching a Spitfire circling over our local hospital.
Steve
As a prelude to...?
Landing at Newquay airport, apparently.
Phew that's a relief. I was afeared that it was about to shoot down a
Focke-Wulf.
Steve Hague
2020-09-12 18:15:28 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
I've just been watching a Spitfire circling over our local hospital.
Steve
As a prelude to...?
Landing at Newquay airport, apparently.
Phew that's a relief.  I was afeared that it was about to shoot down a
Focke-Wulf.
We don't get many of those around here. The ME 109s can be a bit
annoying though.

Penny
2020-09-12 13:58:02 UTC
On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 12:44:28 +0100, Steve Hague <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Steve Hague
I've just been watching a Spitfire circling over our local hospital.
When I lived in Bredgar, Kent, a local lad whose parents still lived there,
would always fly his spitfire over the village and waggle his wings if he'd
been flying in a display 'nearby'.

I see he may still be at it <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Spink> and
hear, via Facebook, a Spitfire still flies over the village from time to
time, although his parents, Beryl* and Ron, died some years ago.

*maker of delicious cheese scones and cheese straws.