Frisky French cows
2019-03-10 11:57:07 UTC
I've probably posted this link before as it's one of my favourites

I have been wondering whether the French cows at Bridge Farm are
resistance and revolutionary ones rather than cheese-eaters who
surrender. They might be annoyed by the UK dealings over Brexit and
worried about whether they will have trouble going home to see the
rellies. Maybe they think Tonly voted Leave. Have we heard his views?
They probably assume Johnny is a Remainer as he's young, or maybe they
just imprinted on him and are one-man cows.
Mike
2019-03-10 12:11:47 UTC
I've probably posted this link before as it's one of my favourites
http://youtu.be/FQMbXvn2RNI
I have been wondering whether the French cows at Bridge Farm are
resistance and revolutionary ones rather than cheese-eaters who
surrender. They might be annoyed by the UK dealings over Brexit and
worried about whether they will have trouble going home to see the
rellies. Maybe they think Tonly voted Leave. Have we heard his views?
They probably assume Johnny is a Remainer as he's young, or maybe they
just imprinted on him and are one-man cows.
No, no, no, no, if they were cheese eaters, that would make them canonbles
(bulls doesn’t-seem quite right somehow) in a way whether they consumed the
Sterling or Blue. ‘No surrender’, is most likely, the thing is, the thing
is..... Johnny has been set up as the wonder boy who despite his ne’erdo
well trollop of a mother, has done good himself and obviously vying for
accolade of ‘International Farmer of the decade’ in a year or two. Tony
will be so proud and Pat will need a new outfit for the awards ceremony;
Tony will complain ‘Do I really have to wear a suit and Tie?’
2019-03-10 14:16:10 UTC
I've probably posted this link before as it's one of my favourites
http://youtu.be/FQMbXvn2RNI
I enjoyed that, although I was slightly worried about "him" pissing out
of one of "his" udders...
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the
airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. (Henry Ford)
Penny
2019-03-10 16:41:10 UTC
On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:16:10 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
I've probably posted this link before as it's one of my favourites
http://youtu.be/FQMbXvn2RNI
I enjoyed that, although I was slightly worried about "him" pissing out
of one of "his" udders...
YANAOU
‘One of his udders’ is so wrong as even cows only have one udder!
2019-03-10 16:22:53 UTC
I've probably posted this link before as it's one of my favourites
http://youtu.be/FQMbXvn2RNI
I enjoyed that, although I was slightly worried about "him" pissing out
of one of "his" udders...
+1 - one of my favourites too, and the gender confusion has also struck
me too (though never detracted). Some very good puns (and jokes - "have
it your way" [though I think that was actually another chain's
slogan!]), and a catchy tune.

It's one of those pieces that always makes me smile as it ends - like
the third of Flanders & Swann's "Songs For Our Time"
(you could skip to 2'05",
though I don't). If you're not at the very least smiling by the end of
that (it's another catchy tune) - or the cows one above - something is
_very_ wrong.

"Eastenders" is like being punched repeatedly in the face for half an hour. -
Stephen Mangan, in Radio Times 5-11 May 2012