post epi spoiler: 22nd July
2020-07-22 18:18:57 UTC
....... Cliff hanger.

Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed

2020-07-22 20:55:29 UTC
On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 18:18:57, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.

"I'm not against women. Not often enough, anyway." - Groucho Marx
Jim Easterbrook
2020-07-22 21:04:04 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Not sure about nicer. Ed can't go to the police about him, IIRC, because
of Ed's involvement in illegal activities. If David ever finds out Ed
knew but said nothing he might be a bit miffed.
2020-07-22 21:14:38 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Not sure about nicer. Ed can't go to the police about him, IIRC, because
of Ed's involvement in illegal activities. If David ever finds out Ed
knew but said nothing he might be a bit miffed.
Good point(s). But maybe Ed could go to the police (Harrison) _not_
saying he knew who it was, just that he was expecting them to return.
(He could even say he just missed them - but maybe got a reg. number.)
After all, Ed couldn't be expected to know who it was, if it was.

It did occur to me earlier that they might have called Carpet in anyway,
on the offchance the new padlock has fingerprints on it - but I know
that's not the Grundy way.

"I'm not against women. Not often enough, anyway." - Groucho Marx
Vicky Ayech
2020-07-22 21:10:20 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Maybe Philip is the eminence gris who was the background threat higher
than Tim and the police can get them all put away and Harrison get
promotion.
steveski
2020-07-23 02:04:52 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Maybe Philip is the eminence gris who was the background threat higher
than Tim and the police can get them all put away and Harrison get
promotion.
Oaah Noooah! Not *Inspector* Carpet!
2020-07-23 11:37:47 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Maybe Philip is the eminence gris who was the background threat higher
than Tim and the police can get them all put away and Harrison get
promotion.
Wasn't Harrison promoted recently? Or did he just pass an exam meaning
that he is eligible for promotion?
Steve Hague
2020-07-23 11:54:25 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Maybe Philip is the eminence gris who was the background threat higher
than Tim and the police can get them all put away and Harrison get
promotion.
Wasn't Harrison promoted recently? Or did he just pass an exam meaning
that he is eligible for promotion?
I have a friend who is a police officer. He told me recently that he was
thinking of appyling for promotion to the rank of sergeant, but wasn't
sure he wanted to put in the six months of study and training it would
entail.
2020-07-23 12:04:20 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Maybe Philip is the eminence gris who was the background threat higher
than Tim and the police can get them all put away and Harrison get
promotion.
Wasn't Harrison promoted recently? Or did he just pass an exam meaning
that he is eligible for promotion?
Perhaps his interview for promotion got the virus.
2020-07-23 13:13:26 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Maybe Philip is the eminence gris who was the background threat higher
than Tim and the police can get them all put away and Harrison get
promotion.
Wasn't Harrison promoted recently? Or did he just pass an exam meaning
that he is eligible for promotion?
Perhaps his interview for promotion got the virus.
He did get his promotion to whatever it was

2020-07-23 14:59:01 UTC
On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 12:37:47 +0100, carolet <***@gmail.com>
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Maybe Philip is the eminence gris who was the background threat higher
than Tim and the police can get them all put away and Harrison get
promotion.
Wasn't Harrison promoted recently? Or did he just pass an exam meaning
that he is eligible for promotion?
I'm sure I heard him referred to a Sergeant Harrison Burns recently.
2020-07-23 15:02:51 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Maybe Philip is the eminence gris who was the background threat higher
than Tim and the police can get them all put away and Harrison get
promotion.
Wasn't Harrison promoted recently? Or did he just pass an exam meaning
that he is eligible for promotion?
I'm sure I heard him referred to a Sergeant Harrison Burns recently.
Why don’t you Axe Minster, he’ll know.

Sincerely Chris
Peter Withey
2020-07-23 08:49:35 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
My thoughts too. Philip and Gav are more likely to have rubbish to
dump, they are builders, than Tim?
Pete
DavidK
2020-07-23 09:34:16 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
My thoughts too. Philip and Gav are more likely to have rubbish to
dump, they are builders, than Tim?
Yes, my chocolate* is on Gavin.

The Celebrations that I don't want and have been left in the sun. When I
was working I would have just left them on the gannet table.
carolet
2020-07-23 11:34:40 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
My thoughts too. Philip and Gav are more likely to have rubbish to
dump, they are builders, than Tim?
Yes, my chocolate* is on Gavin.
The Celebrations that I don't want and have been left in the sun. When I
was working I would have just left them on the gannet table.
You mean you want to lose the bet and really think it is Tim?
2020-07-23 13:47:52 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
My thoughts too. Philip and Gav are more likely to have rubbish to
dump, they are builders, than Tim?
Yes, my chocolate* is on Gavin.
The Celebrations that I don't want and have been left in the sun. When
I was working I would have just left them on the gannet table.
You mean you want to lose the bet and really think it is Tim?
No, they're still chocolate, but I've changed my mind and I'm going for
Tim. Joyce (Joy?) described him as a nice man, Ed thought so too
originally, and Joy knows Gavin.

I don't think it's as big a problem as other people think. Ed and Tim
both have reasons for not mentioning the chemicals (one of them being
the reported violent nature of the gang supplying them); the real
problem might be William, who also knows Tim.
Chris McMillan
2020-07-23 13:13:24 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
My thoughts too. Philip and Gav are more likely to have rubbish to
dump, they are builders, than Tim?
Tim was ‘lifting’ drugs then but who knows what might have been in the
rubbish dumped. Tim’ll be out to get Ed rather than go for Adam. Anyway
we know it’s time to crush a Grundy once more. What’s the betting Tim
heard Ed got money from his Texel, and is after revenge? If Tim thought he
could get two Grundies for the price of one, even better??

2020-07-23 13:13:24 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Oh yes. I'd assumed the wrongdoer is the Umbrella we're all hoping to
save Kirsty from, but that would be so much nicer.
Ed’s man, Tim. McT to my rescue

Sincerely Chris
Clive Arthur
2020-07-24 13:58:13 UTC
....... Cliff hanger.
Certainly is, only I can’t remember the chap’s name who blackmailed Ed
Timotei, aka 'Donkey Oatey'
--
Cheers
Clive