spoiler for tonight on BBC site
2020-01-02 19:23:44 UTC
Oh dear
Serena Blanchflower
2020-01-02 19:29:34 UTC
Oh dear
That was entirely predictable, wasn't it :(
Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved
off the dessert cart. (Erma Bombeck)
Steve Hague
2020-01-03 10:46:23 UTC
Oh dear
Which BBC site is this, Vicky?
Vicky Ayech
2020-01-03 12:23:35 UTC
On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 10:46:23 +0000, Steve Hague
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Vicky Ayech
Oh dear
Which BBC site is this, Vicky?
LA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/player
Steve Hague
2020-01-04 11:11:29 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Vicky Ayech
Oh dear
Which BBC site is this, Vicky?
LA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/player
Thanks Vicky. I know about that one, but was hoping for a site that
would provide a synopsis much as Lowfield used to do before it crashed
and burned.
2020-01-04 11:28:14 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Vicky Ayech
Oh dear
Which BBC site is this, Vicky?
LA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/player
Thanks Vicky. I know about that one, but was hoping for a site that
would provide a synopsis much as Lowfield used to do before it crashed
and burned.
Steve
I wasn’t aware that Carpet and Co. had tracked down Jayston (sp?) in the
first place - from the very vague information Jazzer had provided on behalf
of his ‘friend’, I thought the whole storyline was being dropped (and I
still hope it is).

[If you have been affected by this storyline, please contact a very
expensive premium rate telephone line, where they will explain .... (cont.
on P94...)
2020-01-04 16:41:05 UTC
On Sat, 04 Jan 2020 11:28:14 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Vicky Ayech
Oh dear
Which BBC site is this, Vicky?
LA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/player
Thanks Vicky. I know about that one, but was hoping for a site that
would provide a synopsis much as Lowfield used to do before it crashed
and burned.
Steve
I wasn’t aware that Carpet and Co. had tracked down Jayston (sp?) in the
first place - from the very vague information Jazzer had provided on behalf
of his ‘friend’, I thought the whole storyline was being dropped (and I
still hope it is).
From listening to the programme about Joe Grundy's close friend the other
day, I gather the apparent forgetting of storylines and increasing number
of loose ends is, and long has been, a policy of the programme. If it
weren't I don't suppose Johnny would ever have appeared.

Sometimes they seem to take it too far though - it's high time we heard
something from or at least of Jamie Perks. At least his mother is mentioned
from time to time although her complete absence during Pat's struggles over
the Helen/Rob story were unforgivable.
2020-01-04 16:59:24 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Vicky Ayech
Oh dear
Which BBC site is this, Vicky?
LA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/player
Thanks Vicky. I know about that one, but was hoping for a site that
would provide a synopsis much as Lowfield used to do before it crashed
and burned.
Steve
I wasn’t aware that Carpet and Co. had tracked down Jayston (sp?) in the
first place - from the very vague information Jazzer had provided on behalf
of his ‘friend’, I thought the whole storyline was being dropped (and I
still hope it is).
From listening to the programme about Joe Grundy's close friend the other
day, I gather the apparent forgetting of storylines and increasing number
of loose ends is, and long has been, a policy of the programme. If it
weren't I don't suppose Johnny would ever have appeared.
Sometimes they seem to take it too far though - it's high time we heard
something from or at least of Jamie Perks. At least his mother is mentioned
from time to time although her complete absence during Pat's struggles over
the Helen/Rob story were unforgivable.
You probably weren’t listening the night they mentioned that Cafe had
developed throat cancer; she has not been able to utter a word since...
SODAM
2020-01-05 13:23:48 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Vicky Ayech
Oh dear
Which BBC site is this, Vicky?
LA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/player
Thanks Vicky. I know about that one, but was hoping for a site that
would provide a synopsis much as Lowfield used to do before it crashed
and burned.
Steve
I wasn’t aware that Carpet and Co. had tracked down Jayston (sp?) in the
first place - from the very vague information Jazzer had provided on behalf
of his ‘friend’, I thought the whole storyline was being dropped (and I
still hope it is).
From listening to the programme about Joe Grundy's close friend the other
day, I gather the apparent forgetting of storylines and increasing number
of loose ends is, and long has been, a policy of the programme. If it
weren't I don't suppose Johnny would ever have appeared.
Sometimes they seem to take it too far though - it's high time we heard
something from or at least of Jamie Perks. At least his mother is mentioned
from time to time although her complete absence during Pat's struggles over
the Helen/Rob story were unforgivable.
I agree, and feel the same about Hayley. It’s inconceivable that Phoebe
would not keep up the relationship with her stepmother when they were so
close. Perhaps best friends have other commitments and can’t now appear on
the programme but a mention would be easy enough and far more feasible than
total absence.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
krw
2020-01-05 00:08:16 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Vicky Ayech
Oh dear
Which BBC site is this, Vicky?
LA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/player
Thanks Vicky. I know about that one, but was hoping for a site that
would provide a synopsis much as Lowfield used to do before it crashed
and burned.
Steve
I wasn’t aware that Carpet and Co. had tracked down Jayston (sp?) in the
first place - from the very vague information Jazzer had provided on behalf
of his ‘friend’, I thought the whole storyline was being dropped (and I
still hope it is).
[If you have been affected by this storyline, please contact a very
expensive premium rate telephone line, where they will explain .... (cont.
on P94...)
I thought they did find him. maybe Carpet did? And Jazzer wanted to go
and beat him up but was dissuaded and wanted Jim to report it and go
through legal/police stuff but Jim refused.
Correct. And Jim would know that the chances of a conviction would be
pretty thin after so many years. The police are in the light of the
allegations by "Carl" being a little more careful over cases worth
investigating I would guess.
2020-01-05 07:50:43 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Vicky Ayech
LA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/player
Thanks Vicky. I know about that one, but was hoping for a site that
would provide a synopsis much as Lowfield used to do before it crashed
and burned.
Well, despite initial appearances that page does this, but you
have to be patient.

Generally, after the repeat has been broadcast, when you click on
a particular date, just above the download button is "Show more",
clicking on this displays the synopsis.

I reckon that making this available is a manual process, because
over the holiday period they have not been keeping up.

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Yes. Also Friday's doesn't give the synopsis, just the cast list.
krw
2020-01-05 15:23:09 UTC
Yes. Also Friday's doesn't give the synopsis, just the cast list.
Some Friday's do eventually get a synopsis as well as the cast list - it
seems to be inconsistent.
Steve Hague
2020-01-05 17:00:08 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Vicky Ayech
LA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/episodes/player
Thanks Vicky. I know about that one, but was hoping for a site that
would provide a synopsis much as Lowfield used to do before it crashed
and burned.
Well, despite initial appearances that page does this, but you
have to be patient.
Generally, after the repeat has been broadcast, when you click on
a particular date, just above the download button is "Show more",
clicking on this displays the synopsis.
I reckon that making this available is a manual process, because
over the holiday period they have not been keeping up.
Chris
Thanks Chris, I'll give it a go.