UMRA birthday info for 10 May 2020
Add Reply
Birthday Monitor
2020-05-10 06:20:18 UTC
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
2020-05-10 08:05:05 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
Happy birthday to any of those umrats who are reading!

If any umrats want to leave messages for Chuckler, aka Heather, I'll be
happy to pass them on to her. I'm not in contact with either Gill or
Lesley though.
--
Happy hibernating and stay well,
best wishes, Serena
(Humphrey Littleton)
Sid Nuncius
2020-05-10 08:15:54 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
Happy birthday to any of those umrats who are reading!
If any umrats want to leave messages for Chuckler, aka Heather, I'll be
happy to pass them on to her.  I'm not in contact with either Gill or
Lesley though.
Please wish her a happy birthday from me and tell her that she's very
fondly remembered here.
2020-05-10 12:20:37 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
Happy birthday to any of those umrats who are reading!
If any umrats want to leave messages for Chuckler, aka Heather, I'll
be happy to pass them on to her.  I'm not in contact with either Gill
or Lesley though.
Please wish her a happy birthday from me and tell her that she's very
fondly remembered here.
Have done and she's asked me to pass her thanks back to you. I've also
passed on both Kate and Vicky's birthday wishes to her.
--
Happy hibernating and stay well,
best wishes, Serena
My doctor told me to keep in shape. Well, this is my shape and I'm
keeping it (anon)
Chris McMillan

2020-05-12 17:26:07 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 12:40:57 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
Happy birthday to any of those umrats who are reading!
If any umrats want to leave messages for Chuckler, aka Heather, I'll be
happy to pass them on to her. I'm not in contact with either Gill or
Lesley though.
Thanks Serena.
Sincerely Chris
Heather told me, "I had a surprisingly good day, possibly because I had
zero expectations!"
2020-05-12 22:04:54 UTC
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
2020-05-13 07:36:10 UTC
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
2020-05-13 07:57:40 UTC
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
2020-05-13 08:22:20 UTC
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2020-05-13 08:51:54 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
Chris
David’s Coffinfield
2020-05-13 08:59:01 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
Chris
David’s Coffinfield
The Battle for Life
Doctor Marigold’s Prescriptions
2020-05-13 09:02:44 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
Chris
David’s Coffinfield
The Battle for Life
Doctor Marigold’s Prescriptions
Travelling Abroad - Now Cancelled
2020-05-13 09:05:13 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
Chris
David’s Coffinfield
The Battle for Life
Doctor Marigold’s Prescriptions
Travelling Abroad - Now Cancelled
The Thousand and One Hum..... bugs
2020-05-13 09:01:16 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
David’s Coffinfield
Boris ****lewit. (Sorry. Not a very good pun. I just needed to vent.)

Presumably we can read one Dickens novel at a time, outside in the park
as long as we do or don't use public transport - unless we want to read
two, which may or may not be OK. Starting today - sorry, Saturday...
Rosalind Mitchell

N.
Mike
2020-05-13 14:40:21 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
David’s Coffinfield
Boris ****lewit.  (Sorry.  Not a very good pun. I just needed to vent.)
[LW]
Little Snuffit
Bleached House
N.
The Unmoved Traveller
2020-05-13 14:42:03 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
David’s Coffinfield
Boris ****lewit.  (Sorry.  Not a very good pun. I just needed to vent.)
[LW]
Little Snuffit
Bleached House
N.
The Unmoved Traveller
Wreck of the Typhoid Mary
2020-05-13 16:13:17 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
David’s Coffinfield
Boris ****lewit.  (Sorry.  Not a very good pun. I just needed to vent.)
[LW]
Little Snuffit
Bleached House
The Unmoved Traveller
Wreck of the Typhoid Mary
Blimey - Dickens obviously wrote far more books than I'd realised.
2020-05-13 16:30:39 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
David’s Coffinfield
Boris ****lewit.  (Sorry.  Not a very good pun. I just needed to vent.)
[LW]
Little Snuffit
Bleached House
The Unmoved Traveller
Wreck of the Typhoid Mary
Blimey - Dickens obviously wrote far more books than I'd realised.
FAI, this site is very informative:

https://www.charlesdickensinfo.com/novels/complete-works/
2020-05-13 16:31:55 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great
Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
David’s Coffinfield
Boris ****lewit.  (Sorry.  Not a very good pun. I just needed to vent.)
[LW]
Little Snuffit
Bleached House
The Unmoved Traveller
Wreck of the Typhoid Mary
Blimey - Dickens obviously wrote far more books than I'd realised.
https://www.charlesdickensinfo.com/novels/complete-works/
Though it doesn’t list all those alternative versions by Dharles
Chickens.;-)
2020-05-13 18:40:36 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great
Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
David’s Coffinfield
Boris ****lewit.  (Sorry.  Not a very good pun. I just needed to vent.)
[LW]
Little Snuffit
Bleached House
The Unmoved Traveller
Wreck of the Typhoid Mary
Blimey - Dickens obviously wrote far more books than I'd realised.
https://www.charlesdickensinfo.com/novels/complete-works/
Indeed. I was utterly ignorant of most of the novellas, short stories
etc. But then, I'm continually finding vast new vistas of my own ignorance.
2020-05-13 19:35:31 UTC
But then, I'm continually finding vast new vistas of my own
ignorance.
Something I saw recently: "The first rule of Dunning-Kruger Club is you
don't know you're in Dunning-Kruger Club."

Not that I would, even for one moment, suggest that Sid is in any way
eligible for membership of that very popular organisation.
2020-05-13 20:11:00 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Sid Nuncius
But then, I'm continually finding vast new vistas of my own
ignorance.
Something I saw recently: "The first rule of Dunning-Kruger Club is you
don't know you're in Dunning-Kruger Club."
Not that I would, even for one moment, suggest that Sid is in any way
eligible for membership of that very popular organisation.
I’m very stupid -it is just that I haven’t realised it yet.
2020-05-13 20:24:10 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Sid Nuncius
But then, I'm continually finding vast new vistas of my own
ignorance.
Something I saw recently: "The first rule of Dunning-Kruger Club is you
don't know you're in Dunning-Kruger Club."
Not that I would, even for one moment, suggest that Sid is in any way
eligible for membership of that very popular organisation.
Almost everyone talking about the #coronavirus is displaying strong
confirmation bias. Which only goes to prove what I’ve always said.
Mike
2020-05-13 20:06:57 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Chris J Dixon
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great
Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
and Hard Times
David’s Coffinfield
Boris ****lewit.  (Sorry.  Not a very good pun. I just needed to vent.)
[LW]
Little Snuffit
Bleached House
The Unmoved Traveller
Wreck of the Typhoid Mary
Blimey - Dickens obviously wrote far more books than I'd realised.
https://www.charlesdickensinfo.com/novels/complete-works/
Indeed. I was utterly ignorant of most of the novellas, short stories
etc. But then, I'm continually finding vast new vistas of my own ignorance.
There’s none so wise as those who know how ignorant they are.
2020-05-13 08:49:57 UTC
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
The Sale of Two Cities
2020-05-13 22:38:13 UTC
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
The Sale of Two Cities
Little Do-right.

(apply the label to whomsoever you choose)
2020-05-13 23:39:05 UTC
zero expectations!"
Someone persuaded Dickens to write a prequel?
Then he wrote another story... about Covid-19 ..... Great Expectorations.
Which was followed by The Old Curiosity Shop Is Closed.
Or that album by the Who (or the W. H. O. if you prefer): Quarantenia.
Post by Mike
The Sale of Two Cities
I'm afraid any mention of that one makes me think of the Python bookshop
sketch.

(Oh dear, now I have to go find it ...
.)

"Knowledge isnt elitist - that's rubbish! Why are we embarrassed by the idea
that people know things? It's not a conspiracy against the ignorant. Knowing
things is good!" - Jeremy Paxman, RT 14-20 August 2010
Sid Nuncius
2020-05-14 08:12:18 UTC
Or that album by the Who (or the W. H. O. if you prefer): Quarantenia.
Or Suzanne Vega's album, 99.9°F
or John Taverner's magnificent Missa Corona spinea

(Not forgetting that splendid single by The Knack - My Corona)
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-05-14 08:36:37 UTC
or John Taverner's magnificent Missa Corona spinea
Haydn's Missa in Tempore Pestis
Mike
2020-05-14 08:57:15 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Sid Nuncius
or John Taverner's magnificent Missa Corona spinea
Haydn's Missa in Tempore Pestis
Zola’s Germ an’ ill.
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-05-14 09:36:09 UTC
Mozart's Coronovirus Mass
Mike
2020-05-14 09:40:45 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Haydn's Missa in Tempore Pestis
Mozart's Coronovirus Mass
Don McLean’s ‘Lung, Lung time ago...’
2020-05-14 11:30:53 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Haydn's Missa in Tempore Pestis
Mozart's Coronovirus Mass
Don McLean’s ‘Lung, Lung time ago...’
I've posted this list somewhere before - apologies if it was UMRA:

(Courtesy of a list of handwashing songs from a Met. Police washroom, of
which someone tweeted a pic. around 2020-3-15.)
--~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sneazy like Sunday morning
All by myself
covid 19 (come on Eileen)
You give me fever
I would wash 500 hands
(Don't) Stand by me
Bye, Bye, Bye
Virusstarter
My Corona
Land of soap and water
I'm loving hand-gel instead
Killer clean
We are the self-isolation society
We will wash you
Can't touch this
Feeling hot
Everybody Was Kung Flu Fighting
Can't get flu outta my head
Tainted glove
Coughing all over the world
Talkin' bout my isolation
Stuck in the middle with flu
I will survive
You're the one that I don't want
Staying Alive
Smells like clean spirit
You're so clean, I bet you think this song is about you
The germs on the bus go round and round
I got flu babe
The Macorona
If your healthy and you know it, wash your hands
Flu York, Flu York
Shake and cough
Never gonna give flu up
The viral countdown
You can leave your mask on
Don't cough back in anger
Covid-eo killed the radio star
Saturday night fever
Don't wanna hold your hand
and
Anything by The Cure

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets
you. - Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear
Mike
2020-05-14 16:02:55 UTC
[...]
Then there are The D'Ascoyne Family: who fell one after another: ‘Kind
Hearts and Coronavirus’.
2020-05-14 18:14:54 UTC
[...]
Tom's DNR
Smooth Ventilator
Oxygene
Congratulations (and Intubations)
Willie and the Hand-Gel
Lovely Rita, 2-metre Maid
Who Let The Bugs Out?
(And no-one suggested Don't Stand So Close To Me? Seriously?)
2020-05-15 10:14:37 UTC
[...]
William Walton had some deadly mints; Corona Imperials.
2020-05-15 17:52:56 UTC
[...]
Mozart's Corona-Nation Mass?
2020-05-10 09:35:04 UTC
Many happy returns from me to all three.
Serena Blanchflower
2020-05-10 12:34:29 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
Many happy returns from me to all three.
Heather has asked me to pass her thanks on to both you and to Kate :)
--
Happy hibernating and stay well,
best wishes, Serena
When the white missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had
the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened
them we had the Bible and they had the land. (Desmond Tutu)
SODAM
2020-05-11 12:30:40 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
Happy birthday to all of you and best wishes, too.

When we see multiple birthday reminders of people formerly of this parish,
it brings home umra’s sadly depleted numbers. <sigh>
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Nick Leverton
2020-05-11 13:15:03 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
Happy birthday to all of you and best wishes, too.
When we see multiple birthday reminders of people formerly of this parish,
it brings home umra’s sadly depleted numbers. <sigh>
Indeed, but one of the rewards of being Birthday Monitor is when absent
umrats pop back in as a result of the Reminders, and friendships are
reconnected.

SODAM
2020-05-11 13:38:00 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
Happy birthday to all of you and best wishes, too.
When we see multiple birthday reminders of people formerly of this parish,
it brings home umra’s sadly depleted numbers. <sigh>
Indeed, but one of the rewards of being Birthday Monitor is when absent
umrats pop back in as a result of the Reminders, and friendships are
reconnected.
Nick
And that is a huge bonus for the group, so thank you for your good work,
Nick.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-05-11 14:14:36 UTC
Post by SODAM
In article
.org>,
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 10 May: Gill Spaul, Heather Knowles and Lesley
Christmas.
Happy birthday to all of you and best wishes, too.
When we see multiple birthday reminders of people formerly of this parish,
it brings home umra’s sadly depleted numbers. <sigh>
Indeed, but one of the rewards of being Birthday Monitor is when absent
umrats pop back in as a result of the Reminders, and friendships are
reconnected.
Nick
And that is a huge bonus for the group, so thank you for your good work,
Nick.
+1.

"Usenet is a way of being annoyed by people you otherwise never would have
met."
- John J. Kinyon