OT: AskEU Digiguide
2021-04-28 12:33:53 UTC
On my desky, using the mouse wheel scrolls the Digiguide grid up and
down so I can see all channels at the current time. On my lapdog, the
mouse wheel scrolls the grid from side to side. Can anyrat tell me how
to make the lapdog version behave like the desky, please? (I did try
Digiguide Help but couldn't see anything on this.)
I would suggest it's a mouse setting on the laptop that needs changing...
Sam Plusnet
2021-04-28 18:06:39 UTC
On my desky, using the mouse wheel scrolls the Digiguide grid up and
down so I can see all channels at the current time.  On my lapdog, the
mouse wheel scrolls the grid from side to side.  Can anyrat tell me
how to make the lapdog version behave like the desky, please?  (I did
try Digiguide Help but couldn't see anything on this.)
I would suggest it's a mouse setting on the laptop that needs changing...
Wouldn't an incorrect mouse setting affect all applications & not just
Digiguide?

If the desktop's monitor is 'wider' (pixel count & not inches) than the
laptop's display, there may be no need for it to scroll left-to-right in
order to show the full width.

That would perhaps explain why the application acts differently in those
two places, but of course this doesn't help solve Jenny's problem.
2021-04-28 14:32:51 UTC
On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:33:53 +0100, Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk>
On my desky, using the mouse wheel scrolls the Digiguide grid up and
down so I can see all channels at the current time. On my lapdog, the
mouse wheel scrolls the grid from side to side. Can anyrat tell me how
to make the lapdog version behave like the desky, please? (I did try
Digiguide Help but couldn't see anything on this.)
I've never experienced that.
There is an option in Tools|Customise|Grid| to 'reverse the direction of
the mouse wheel scroll'. I'm not sure what it does as I couldn't see any
change when I ticked it, but it may need a relaunch.
2021-04-28 21:05:25 UTC
I've never experienced that.
There is an option in Tools|Customise|Grid| to 'reverse the direction of
the mouse wheel scroll'. I'm not sure what it does as I couldn't see any
change when I ticked it, but it may need a relaunch.
Thank you, Penny!

I don't know how I missed it, but it turns out there's an option thee
for "Mouse wheel scrolls up/down instead of left/right."